Girls, are you surprised when you find a guy who actually has standards beyond just looks?

Coming off of another question it seems most girls think all any guy is after is looks and sex and that's it.

0|0
22|8

Most Helpful Girl

• I think I'd be surprised to an extent – I'd be pleasantly surprised at a guy who has standards that match my own. I've spoken to several guys and either they have no ambition or they're dishonest and play games. If I met someone who was not that way, it would be refreshing.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Only GAG girls will think that, cause most of them don't have any experience with guys and/or are bitter towards them.

Girls that are around guys know most of us have standards beyond just looks, and that we highly value a great personality.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 21

• Men have standards? I thought they were all just pieces of meat.

- Hehe. Joking aside- Not remotely surprised.

0|1
    0|0
  • im not surprised, i'm more relieved.

1|1
    0|0
  • Not really surprised because there are a few guys like that. they dont seem to be the majority but they exist. maybe like 30%

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I would assume they would look beyond looks and sex. Only idiots only noticed those 2 things.

1|3
    0|1
  • Lol, of course I'm not surprised. Not all men are out for a trophy wife. I have more faith in men than that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Actually, yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, everyone has those standards. Sometimes people don't realize they have them until they get into the relationship though lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. I know people are more than just shallow or else this world would get nowhere. I am moreso surprised when I come across any person who has a beautiful way with words or mesmerizes people with whatever he or she is passionate about or possesses genuine kindness that warms the room.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I know guys want more than just tits and ass, at least the decent ones do.

0|1
    0|0
  • no i expect it. id never be with a guy who only cared about looks. i have standards.

0|1
    0|0
  • no, everyone has standards beyond looks lol we all hate certain personality traits

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I would expect it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Uhhh no? A lot of guys I used to date aren't that hot but they have awesome personalities and are smart and funny

0|0
    0|0
  • It can be very surprising.. Yeah.

0|1
    0|0
    • In a bad or good way?

• It depends on the guy.. Like if He's attractive and likes an unattractive girl.. My first thought probably would be what's wrong with you dude?
      Because guys who are attractive rarely like unattractive girl. Not that I have not seen it.. It happens..
      And then I'll think cool, a dude who thinks with his mind instead of his duck.. So both good and bad.. (more like weird or unusual)
      But see, if a girl is attractive and likes an unattractive dude, it would be kinda normal because it happens slot.

Lol I wrote a fucking essay. 😂

• no. guys have standards too. i knew that a long time ago.

0|1
    0|0
  • No because I know personality matters in a relationship as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Surprised yes, but happily so. I'd rather someone have standards and actually want me for something other than a pass time. (Sadly it's a common thing, then again I am a junior in high school so not a lot of boys or girls are actually looking for a relationship like me, instead they are looking for a game.)

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. I'm more surprised when I find a guy who actually holds true to those standards.

0|0
    0|0
  • YES. and i'd elevate my answer to the adjective shocked.

0|0
    0|1
  • I wouldn't believe it.

0|0
    0|2
  • Nope, not for me. Looks don't really matter to me, but his personality matters.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• I think the better question is girls are you flattered or surprised when your freind starts liking you because he is a guy with high standards. It took him a while but he finally has found that your character is good enough for those standards?

0|0
    0|0
  • I assume the boring girls would be surprised, plus the girls who only go for player types.

Self-inflicted wounds really...

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls think guys are easy, and it's true. The guys on dating sites and on the internet in general are extremely easy lol.

Not so much in real life though.

0|0
    0|0
    • I mean, why would guys come onto dating sites in the first place if they can find girls in real life? Those guys are desperate, and that's why they're looking for partners online.

• I feel like most women don't really give a second thought about it. always hear alpt of them talk about guys being shallow, only wanting sex etc but dont usually focus their attention on the guys who aren't like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would assume they are

0|1
    0|0
  • my last chick was kinda plain, and dorky looking, but skilled at guitar, and piano. i still want to do bad things with her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow, do most guys seriously have such friggin' low standards?

2|1
    0|0
    • Yes most guys do. Most don't care about anything as long as you'll sleep with them. But personally I don't think that they are all like that.

• Show All
    • I'm glad to find someone as appalled by it as I am.

• @SaraParker276 I am glad that you are appropriately appalled. XD