A credit card company has taken unauthorised money out of my account! Why?

I have a credit card from Aqua and this month I had to pay back £24 by the 20th which is today. I repaid that amount on the 13th and it shows on my Aqua statement that I repaid the £24 on the 14th and I have £0 to pay on the 20th. I just checked my bank account and I'm £24 overdraft and Aqua took money from my account. I don't know what to do and I can't call till the morning but I'm so upset. I'm really trying to prioritise my bills etc and I made sure to pay it before it was due cause I knew I didn't have much money and they've took more money out for what? I also can't afford to pay the £10per day overdraft fees. Will Aqua refund me?

What Guys Said 3

• Ring them with all the details in front of you and ask them why they have taken this money. There may be a legitimate reason, but if it was taken in error, perhaps as a duplicate payment, then I'm sure they will refund you. This can only be resolved by ringing them and finding out what's going on... Good luck! :)

• Thanks so much. But what I'm afraid of is if they do refund me it'll take 3-5days and I get charged £10 per day I'm on an overdraft. So by the time I et the refund I'll be paying an extra £30. How is that fair

• I will do thanks x

• Hun you gotta call. 😕sadly there is nothing we can do. Just try and not think about it too much. Maybe write down what you wanna say. If you overdraft tell Aqua that you owe them the overdraft fee because they were not suppose to withdraw from your account.

• I don't know if my bank will understand that this was an unathorised transaction though. It's quite hard not to think about it as ace just started a new job so financially I'm struggling atm that's why I'm trying to prioritise my bills etc but things like this happen.

• Anytime I hope you get it figured out!

• ur so hot bby ;)

What Girls Said 0