What do you think of ireland?

i live in Ireland and personally HATE everything about it, iv always wondered what others think of Ireland, having visited it or not.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I live in Ireland too.. Got to be honest here. The only people who likes Ireland are not the Irish themselves. It's the Americans who has a magical idea about Ireland haha... Ireland in all honest is boring, even the Irish knows that but nevertheless is a pretty good place overall but other places are better.

Most Helpful Girl

• Thank you for the Heads up, my Irish friend @meganmegan1. Now I know this is one country not to go traveling to. I always think of Leprachans and beer and Greenery.
    I have a bit of Irish descent in me, along with German, Polish, French, Dutch and English. I have Visited London while going to Egypt, and actually as of now, for everything is getting so bad all over the place, I would love to see the Netherlands and perhaps India next.
    Good luck and Thank you for sharing. xx

What Guys Said 24

• from what it looks like, it's a beautiful country but then again I'm only an outsider looking in seeing what travel agents and the irish government want me to see lol. I'm half Irish and have always wanted to visit. why do you hate it?

• i hate it because its so boring, there is nothing interesting, even the people are all the same, i never see anyone stand out as i did in america, america was so crazy and full of amazing people, Ireland is just the opposite, looks great until you live here

• lol trust me america is no great shake either. then again I guess the grass is greener on the other side of the hill.. until you get there.

• Been twice, it's beautiful but too quiet, isolated and dreary for my taste. Growing up in the desert (the Southwest) i couldn't believe anything that green existed. The Irish have a pleasant, flowery way of insulting people. Kinda' hard to explain but the blunt honesty is refreshing.

Once you go West or North out of Dublin it's barely populated. I mean the City of L. A. has roughly the same population as all of Ireland. Yet Ireland is like 60x it's size.

You might have to leave Ireland and come back. Then maybe you won't hate it.

Also, you make the best butter i've ever tasted. It's crazy good.

• yea our butters pretty great lol and yea i just think irelands just not for me, id much rather a city like LA or NYC or even Dallas would do me. just not irish at heart.

• HA! don't go to Texas. It's kinda horrible. How one state has melting deserts, swampland, hurricanes and tornadoes is beyond me. Try San Francisco or San Diego. I live in SD and it literately rains like 10-12 times a year. We get 300+ days of sunshine a year.

Being Irish it might sound insulting but... you could pretty much find a decent paying bar-tending job within the hour of landing here. Alot' of Irish expats on the west coast.

• tbh i have always had my heart secretly set on somewhere in texas but after that im gonna rethink it, thank you! :) SD sounds beautiful

• Love the place, esp Limerick and Galway since i spend quite a lot of time over there. People are great too.

• I only know that it's a heaven for beer people.

• I visited Ireland once, but there were far too many Irish people there. ; - )

• Looks like an awesome place to visit, dont know enough about it to have an opinion on living there.

• As far as my ancestors were concerned Ireland was Awesome! That's after they got kicked out of Scotland but that's beside the point. From what I've seen in documentaries it looks very nice. Might be too religious for my tastes. Though the bars seem cool.

• Heard it rains and rains and rains non stop.
    No social network too I believe

• After I visit my place of heritage Scotland I'd like to visit Ireland, eat, drink be marry and make leprechaun jokes.

• The land of Guinness

• From a remote village of southern most part of india
    1 You guys are too white that if you apply 'fair n lovely,' you guys will vanish.
    2 You guys wear green clothes during your national day
    3 You guys love 4 leaf clovers
    4 Most of your men are arrogant
    5 Your women are the maids of rich British people
    6 You voted against our country in nsg. so you are the friend of China and Pakistan.

• LOLL, 1-5 are very true. I'm not sure about 6, I don't know anything about the NSG, but I feel like Ireland isn't really a close friend of China and Pakistan, the alliance was likely temporary.

• @Laura_Marx yes this so called nationalism is teaching us to hate the people he haven't even met. Our politicians talk about vaporising Pakistan and the people cheers. But they don't think about the average Pakistani who work like an ox to feed his/her children, their old parents. Nationalism is like a religion.

• yeah :( I agree.

• I generally know that they're a nice bunch of people. I also know that @Spiorad_Aisce is from there.

• Umm
    Don't know anything about it tbh
    But after seeing you it seems a beautiful place 😂 LOL
    Why don't you like it 😶?

• I'm from Scotland, so I see Ireland as our neighbour country. I've never been to Ireland, but I do have a few Irish friends and they're nice people.

• They had some serious problems because extreme religion fanatism..., if i'm not wrong, but seems things are changing now.

What makes me curious about it it's probably nature and old buildings. There must be good things there.

• I'm interested in visiting since I'm 1/2 Irish. Besides, i have a few friends from Southie here in Boston.

• pff love it!!

• I don't know much about it, but from what I've seen it looks nice

• I have met wonderful Irish backpackers.
    Also Guinness.

• Ireland is awesome, the people, food and humour! <3

• The Commitments was a great film.

• I'm half Irish, but never been.

The landscape looks fantastic. Is it the people you don't like?

• i just find it very boring, and the part of ireand i live in is horrid, the guys are chavy (wear adidas tracksuits, talk all in slang, spit and smoke just to look "cool")... most of them anyway, but i guess thats just my part, iv been other places in Ireland and still hate it, just one big boring field here and there

• If it's any consolation, at least you're not. That makes you a breath of fresh air in fart-filled elevator.

• haha true!

• I always wanna learn about it i dont know many irish why you hate?

• whats so bad about it. I've never been but from what I've heard, its nice

What Girls Said 13

• Personally, I'd never pay to go to Ireland. It's never struck my interest. Not the food, sights (though the nature sounds dreamy), history, etc. I mean, if I won a free trip-I'd go. But it's just a country that's ever struck meh fancy.
    Angela's Ashes didn't help XD

• I'm from up north. I really wish I lived in the republic ;______________;

• I actually want to visit Ireland.

• I LOVE Ireland! I visited once several years ago and just loved the countryside, the history, and the people. Some of my ancestors are Irish, which makes it really cool. Why do you hate it so much?

• @gobsmacked3 might have something to say about that!

You can't hate everything about it, I mean the folk lore alone is fucking magical, that's without the setting and the language.

• yea its more hate towards the country than the people (just because i find ireand boring af)

• Suppose it comes down to what you want from life, I love where I live. It's similar to Ireland in it's landscape and history. I love it, I'm glad to live where I live. I don't think there's anywhere else I would rather be.

• Very sad seeing an Irish lass being so down on her awesome land @TakeMaker

you need to come to the North, @meganmegan1

• What do you dislike? The landscape seems nice!

• it seems nice tbh but when you live here its soooo boring and there is nothing interesting, just an awfil boring and lonley place

• great landscape and fun people

• The Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland?

• The country/ landscape is so pretty!!! I like to hike there... although when i was in Dublin, it was quite boring for a city except the first 5 minutes i was there i saw these 2 teenagers getting arrested haha

• Oh wow really? It looks beautiful and I've always wanted to visit. My last name is Irish. 🙋

• They are drunks but they have a great economy.

• Ah the pretty mountains..

• North or South?