Why do people essentially try to create their own religion and act like they themselves are Gods?

I've seen a lot of people essentially try to create their own religion in a way that suits them and makes them feel comfortable and accepted living a life of sin. Or people will try to justify sin and pretend that it's okay because they have a certain attitude while sinning. It doesn't work that way. Why do people essentially try to create their own religion and act like they themselves are Gods?

*** I do not value the insight of Atheists on this topic. They tend to be arrogant people with egotistical self-expression who are angry with God and desperately want to bicker for who knows how long. Not interested in watching someone try to stroke their intellectual ego/someone who doesn't know how to use their mouth without condescending believers and disrespecting religion***

Most Helpful Guy

• Because no one wants to be the bad guy.
    Especially the one celestial beings disapprove of in the absolute sense.

• That's a very fair, intelligent answer. Thank you

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they want to justify their crimes and sins and put the blame on someone else!

What Guys Said 11

• I'm an atheist and I'm not angry with God any more than I'm angry with Scooby Doo. They're not real. But the answer to your question is selfishness and disinterest with how their own religions really work. People pick and choose what suits them.

• Because you initially stated that you're an atheist, nothing else you had to say was even read let alone considered and given legitimate, respected thought.

• Apparently calling others sinners and telling them that they will burn in hell and show off their personal connection with a sky dude has nothing about ego or arrogance 😂😂😂

• That's really dramatic. I never said all of that. You're so extra.

• Nonetheless, because you are the (typical) egotistical, mocking atheist; your mouth and mind won't get the same level of attention and interest that I'll show others.

• as a Muslim I bear witness that there is no deity worthy to be worshipped but Allah, and I bear witness the Muhammad is His servant and messenger.

Allah said "And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers." 3:85

Allah said "Truly, the religion with Allah is Islam. Those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) did not differ except, out of mutual jealousy, after knowledge had come to them. And whoever disbelieves in the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allah, then surely, Allah is Swift in calling to account." 3:19

as Allah stated there is no religion accepted with Him from any person, except Islam. Alhamdulillah I believe in Allah and I am follower of Allah's book the Quran and Allah's last and final prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

• I do not value the insight of Atheists on this topic. They tend to be_________________
    That says a lot about you, nothing about atheists.

• For some it is easier to live in a fantasy and hide behind their self-created god than to admit none of us are good and will one day have to face our actions to our creator.

• Because their boneheads, they feel inferior to others so they try their hardest to act like their more when they should just be comfortable in who they already are and not something they can't be. People create their own religions and denominations all the time because they find something that doesn't allow them to do things they know are bad that they wish to keep doing sp they male up one that allows it even though they will still be held accountable.

• Eh, "sin" is subjective and relative. Depends on the branch of religion you follow. Whether it's your own interpretation or someone else's reinterpretation doesn't really mean anything.

• what is a sin to you is not a sin to other people.

• Well, you sure look like a nice "religious" person.

• Lol, I really am a sweetheart. Just very firm. I know what I will and won't tolerate and I stand by it, especially if someone approaches me with a foul, essentially meaningless mouth. Religious people and believers can still have a backbone and be firm about what they will and will not accept.

• Because they're desperately seeking the true belief

• All religions are created by people lol.

Atheists can't be angry at "god" as they don't believe in it's existence.

What Girls Said 5

• Erm because I am God?
    God is everywhere. What lights my passions is the same energy that lights a star. And that energy is God.
    I try and be the change I want to see. Essentially Buddhism but not quite as I think spirituality is personal not a label.

Christianity and Islam have been corrupted to control you in the same way a dictatorship would.

If any religious person calls me a sinner for some ridiculous reason - I find it amusing but tragically sad. Religious people kill sinners. Thats madness.
    You will never see an atheist kill for atheism. But you see countless wars over religion.

• People believe in what makes sense to them.. what they feel like is true.. when you don't believe something is right yet you do it anyway.. you're not happy.. then what's the point of following any religion when the lifestyle with it can't make you happy?
    And TDH sent this message
    "Hence why no one takes overly religious people like you seriously - you shut out opinions you don't like because your faith and religion are not strong enough to handle criticism."

• If you're going to aid someone in participating whom I've made it clear that I am not interested in speaking with, then you won't be participating to. You're a grown adult and a mod: behave better than reigniting drama.

• firstly you saying no atheists are gonna bring more cause if you tell someone they can't answer that makes them want to piss you off cause it's funny. But ya, not everyone is perfect and can be happy with one religion. I am not a religious person but I have my own spirituality which I got from researching religions and spiritualities that together are what I believe. I am not gonna settle with a belief just to make others happy.

• They can answer if they'd like but they're not guaranteed my full attention and interest. They won't have the opportunity to piss me off because I won't give them the opportunity to be heard. Don't assume you're entitled to the focus of a stranger who may not care for you.

• No, I got it, I had just typed all that up and didn't want to just delete it lol thanks for clarifying

• we had some miscommunications there in the beginning!

• Values and morality are inherently subjective. People have no obligation to adhere to your moral codes that you believe are derived from God. What you consider ‘sinning’, isn’t necessarily something bad in someone else’s eyes.

• I never stated that people have an obligation to adhere to my "moral codes that I believe are derived from God." Why does it seem like people get so instantly defensive when this topic comes up?

• Not defensive, neither did I insinuate you did. Rather, I'm justifying that their actions is completely independent of what you believe, thus what you defined as 'wrong', isn't necessarily wrong to them and they wouldn't have an issue carrying them out at all.

• What do you mean create their own religion. the only off putting part about atheist or just non believers is they have christian values n morals when it suits them.

• that's an interesting point, care to elaborate?
      In terms of Christianity or Islam for example, I'll see Christians and Muslims who will literately try to rewrite the rules in a way that suits them and their personal agendas. It doesn't work that way.

• Well, those who try to rewrite rulea aren't at all spiritual. They can identify as what they want doesn't make them that though.