Is it risky if you give someone your ID number?

What they can do with it? If they have our ID number

Most Helpful Guy

• If you mean social security # it's a bit stupid. Close friend alright, now lets say they enter it on their computer/phone which is compromised, GG you may end up getting fucked. In general I barely like telling employers my SSI, telling someone for a medical course? I would just tell someone issuing the course directly.

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course, you shouldn't give anyone your ID number unless there is some extreme case where I don't know, you have no other choice, but it depends on the ID and the person it's given to.

• She's a close friend to the family & she love to know everything. Can she know anything privacy about me through my ID? I trust her but I don't like giving my ID to anyone

What Guys Said 6

• I think so. Why would someone need it in the the first place?

• On 2nd thought its not risky. My family runs a business in tourism and we require customer ID for our register.

• Depends on who and what ID it is

• Our close friend & for a course of 2 days

• If you really trust them and won't need it for a few days then I guess it's ok. You could always say you lost it

• If it's your social and driver ID then they could open up credit card accounts or even cash bad checks

• it's like giving someone your full name and address.

not risky but not given unless necessary.

• Partlty but i dont think so much it is

• sometimes.

steal your info, steal your money.

• yes it is

What Girls Said 1