Have you ever been in a position where you had to dissociate with a certain group of people?

Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah they were my childhood friends. They began taking the wrong path in life when we started middle school. The hard thing about it was that they never pressured me into doing the things they did, but at the same time they did those things often so I hung out with them less.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, sometimes when you try and help someone, they completely turn their back on you, you have to distance yourself.

What Guys Said 13

• Many, many, many times. Drugs and general criminal activity. I always tried to stop being around those types of people. I'd delete all my numbers and just ghost out, then end up running into some more of the same types then repeat the process again and again until I finally had no more contacts. Turns out they're the only kind I click with. Well, before, anyway.

• I am not sure of the scale of the question - On a global scale certain groups I may have expressed support for but I usually fairly good in balance that I will express support and disapproval when needed.
    On a personal level, yes I have let people know when I think they are wrong. On a couple of occasion, I have gone you as a person (people) are wrong for me and I can no longer associate with you. One was a relationship issue, another was the way he was interacting with his fellow staff in the workplace, one was drugs and a couple of people who I had issues with on how they were treating people.

• Oh year, believe it or not but recently the security department of my company advised to say goodbye to a large supplier.
    Believe it or not... the reason were suspected links with a terrorist organisation. Gosh, that was the first time I had to say goodbye to a group of people and I hope the last as well :o :o

• Yea there was this one group I hung out with in school. Most of them were perverted guys with annoying laughs, a few were ghetto white girls and one was an autistic guy who had the maturity and rationality of a puppy on steroids.

I still wanna blow my brains out remembering that I actually associated with those dumbasses.

• Probably...

• Yeah. People who start going down the wrong path, and they don't listen to you...

• A person? Yes.

A group? No.

• Yeah, because one of them had a really strange way of thinking and thus spread rumors amongst us and the consequence was that I had to leave them.

• My high school classmates I guess.

• Yes. I couldn't be around their lifestyle.

• Yeah, they always did stupid shit and i kept getting dragged into it.

• YES!

• No me, but my wife, before she was my wife, was told by her "best friend" that she had to choose between me and her. That's the last time they spoke.

What Girls Said 13

• Yes. All the time. That is because they are doing things that goes against my moral belief's and values. You don't want to hang around the wrong crowd that will god forbid end a relationship/marriage, someone who wants to get you into a fight, cause you to abandon family or really good close friends, who will get you drunk, plan your rape or murder, get you killed, or land you in jail. You do t because of your sanity, wellbeing and your health. You don't want toxic relationships that will get you both mentally and physically ill. Ever get a throbbing headache when around somebody, they could be toxic. Not just the stress. Fell like throwing up or just nauseous? As a Christian, we call that spiritual leeches. They attach to you, cling to you and drain everything from you. You start to feel depress, you can't function properly at work/school, in your relationships, everything just becomes HELL for you. All of a sudden your more miserable than happy. That's why you have to break it off. It's not to hurt them. But it's for your own good.

• Hmm, I don't think so. I think we just grew apart.

• Never 🤔 Can't recall having to do this

• Yes I fought with one of my friends and althoug I was really fucking mad at him I know he has problems making new friends and talking to different people so I distanced myself to our group of friends. I came back to the group now that he made some friends in college and now we can actually hang out together cause there's been two years since the fight but we don't really talk to each other yet

• Yes in high school because they never included me in anything, and then I heard them talking shit about me behind my back

• All they ever did was talk to me when it was convenient for them, or needed something. #trustnoone

• Yes, because it took me a while to realize that the group I was in favored 1 race in particular and wouldn't let anyone else outside of that race into the group. I left cuz I was like yeahhh no.

• More like with a certain type of people I did.

• Yes, completely. I realized they weren't true trustworthy friends.

• A number of times

• Yes. I couldn't stand one of the girls in it and everyone liked her better than me, so I left.

• Yes, they were a bad influence and immature.

• Yes quite a few because they either weren't good friends, were ino drug/drink and partying to much! But lots of other reasons also