Help me fix my computer?

Okay so I have a problem in my computer (which is a windows software) it doesn't produce any sounds and I have tried everything but the sound still doesn't work and it's making me go nuts because i can't watch my series and stuff! and it's just getting on my nerves. do you guys have any clue on how I can fix it and make it work? I would appreciate it very much. thanks in advance

Most Helpful Guy

• Hit the windows button, type "sound" in the search box, then click on the sound with a speaker icon next to it, then set the default sound device and see if that fixes it. That is click on the items in the scroll box and make them default and see if sound starts playing..

• done that, and yep still doesn't work

• I guess you'll just have to use your imagination and think of what it's like for me to listen to music. :D

• What do you mean?

Most Helpful Girl

• From your responses I'm thinking it's either outdated drivers or faulty hardware.

I would try googling your laptop name and type and "speaker driver update" and see if there is one you have missed. Alternatively, it could be an update for the laptop you've missed - eg they have fixed a pile of bugs and the side effect is a speaker issue.

It's always worth running a virus check.

You've already said its not muted or anything.

Failing this, I would take it to a PC shop and ask them just to have a look over. If they can't fix it, I fear it might be time for a new one...

What Guys Said 9

• More info would be helpful

What were you trying to run audio from a speaker? , Sound card? On-board sound?

If you were using a speaker just plug in some headphones. If it's an old PC there's a chance that the speaker might need replacing. It'd be worth checking the front panel connections

media.giphy.com/media/QDK1pCI43lGhO/giphy.gif

• Its actually a laptop, so it has its own speakers, which don't work. I tried plugging headphones and sadly it still didn't work. Thanks though!

• No problem, IT isn't just a job. It's a way of life. It looks like a repair shop is your option then. Just make sure you get a decent price if you go down that road

• Will do! i appreciate it very much. thanks again!

• Have you tried the volume controls? Can you make sure it's not set to mute?

Are you using speakers or headphones? Does the sound work with or without headphones?

• Make sure your sound is on first (click on the little speaker on the bottom right corner of your screen, or you can click on "mixer" after you've clicked on the little speaker to adjust individual sounds on the computer) Also a simple restart tends to fix little things easily if you haven't done that. If those dont work let me know ill see if i can give you some other way.

• I tried, still doesn't work :(

• Thank you! I will try that, hopefully it'll work! Thanks again

• No problem. Hope it works

• The aux cable should go in the green port...
    See if Windows main some is mute

• Check that you have speakers.

WHat is your computer? A laptop or desktop or... tablet?

• it's actually a laptop

• Yup it was working before, and the last time I used it was when I was studying for my finals, I was on youtube

• Open device manager. Check the "sound, video and game controllers" drop down for an alert sign that looks like an exclamation sign in a yellow triangle. If there is an alert sign, you have a driver malfunction.

• Reinstall Windows and update the drivers

• Throw that junk away and buy a new computer

• Seems like it's the only choice lol

• it's most likely a drivers issue, check to see if they're missing or need updating.

• check your speakers connection, make sure its connected and turned on and working right (green jack) check your volume control under windows volume mixer, sound card driver, uninstall and reinstall the latest driver etc

• speakers are connected, but okay I'll try that. Thank you

What Girls Said 2

• try updating your drivers or updating windows, make sure you haven't accidentally muted the sound or troubleshoot your audio problems and see if windows itself can fix it.

• Google works wonders

• True, but I tried everything it tells me and still doesn't work. Ughh i'm so done omg