Does anyone believe in fate... or signs that you're meant to be with someone?

If anyone has ever experienced fate or meeting their soul mate, please share! I know not everyone believes in it, but I think it's possible.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't actually believe it because I'm just too rational for these kind of things. I would get annoyed about myself because I know it's silly to believe in it. However, I have experienced something with my current girlfriend that a lot of other people would probably call "fate", so... I think I enjoy thinking of it as fate because it makes me happy but I wouldn't seriously suggest that it was fate.
    I hope that makes sense ;-).

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I believe in it very much so.

• Have you experienced it?

• No, but I hope to. I think we're all put in certain places for very good reasons.

What Guys Said 2

• Im done believing in that garbage

• There is no fate but what we make. Actually I thought I was married to my soul mate but things changed a lot after many years

What Girls Said 1

• I used to but not anymore

• What changed your mind?

• Well I'm in college right now, and I met a guy a few semesters back who was very literally every thing I have ever wanted in a guy. It was during a time when I wasn't even thinking about love or anything (you know when they say "love finds you when you least expect it").
      It got to the point where I would even have dreams about him that would come true, something that has never happened to me before with past "crushes", and it's like I would just think about running into him and the next day it would happen. My attraction to him was just sooo strong, and I thought he liked me too.
      But, of course, he already has a girlfriend. And it's serious-- he's met her family, gone on summer trips out of town with her and her family, all that. And I'm not messing with that, so...
      I really thought after so many years of bad luck I was finally getting a break, but, no. So I don't read into signs anymore b/c now I sit here typing this feeling stupid for reading into stuff that turned out to be false