Is being drunk really an excuse anymore?

For example getting angry at your friends for no reason and basically ruining their night.

Most Helpful Girl

• Drunk people tend to do what they want to do when they're not drunk... so...
    He was doing what he wanted to do, maybe for a long time.

Most Helpful Guy

• it's an excuse but it's only acceptable to a point. everyone probably at some point has a bad night or two with booze involved. at some point if a person's drunk behavior is regularly negatively effecting something then that person needs to address their issues with drinking. at some point you can use alcohol as an excuse for bad behavior

What Girls Said 7

• i dated an alcoholic, and the only thing i took with me is this: drunk words are sober thoughts.

if s/he is rude to you or starts fights with you while drunk, s/he's probably combative in other ways too. you don't need that in your life.

• Being drunk is not an excuse. It was a choice to begin with

• No, because if you KNOW that's how you behave when you get drunk, and you still do it, it's no different than just choosing to be an asshole because you were well aware of the outcome.

• No. I was in a boyfriend's dorm when one of his friends got drunk and was being all pushy and ruining everyone's mood. No excuse-if you are an ass when drunk, you should have the decency to not get drunk around people you 'care' about.

• Being drunk is never an excuse for bad behavior. You made a choice to drink and be dumb so live with the consequences.

• No, I don't think that's okay 😓

• no. hence why they outlawed drunk driving like 60 years ago.

What Guys Said 12

• Belligerent drunkards are really annoying. But I think that's when it's a good idea to split and leave them wherever they are. I'm a happy drunkard with streaking tendencies.

• When was it EVER an excuse?

Did the bottle magically cram itself down the person's throat?

• girls use it all the time from my experience/circle of friends. I've used it a lot of times too to when I wake up with someone I using don't go for lol.

• Then both you and your female friends are morons for blaming an inanimate object, unmoving, unthinking object for your lack of sound decision making.

• for blaming an inanimate, unmoving, unthinking object*

• Being drunk is usually an excuse. It is NEVER a good reason.

• well its depends on who you ask... the drunk will openly admit he will do things that are not normal.. and the person watching WILL always say what a dumbass and he will regret that.. now that being said im normally the drunk guy and i have done things i would NEVER fucking do sober.. We can all sit at the side and claim its who they really are or not but fact is alcohol effects people differently and at the end of the day it is a drug..

• Nope, since it's the individual's responsibility to control.

• No being drunk isn't an excuse. It's not rape if I have sex with a drunk girl.

• People never should have or continue to use it as an excuse. (Unless someone got them drunk beyond their control.)

• I never considered it an excuse, people do what they want to do generally.

• I believe when you're drunk, your personal "inhibitor" is turned off so whatever you do or say while drunk is more honest than anything said or done sober

• If it is still an excuse, it is quite the pathetic one. But no, it's not.

• Being drunk is never an excuse.

• being drunk is just stupid altogether.. never mind an excuse for acting stupid