Will humans ever be immortals?

0|1
9|13

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Depending on which version or variation of immortality. Ideally one where we are rendered completely indestructible and immune to all harm and suffering. Though I think on a realistic level, we'd ONLY get to never die from aging or the effects of aging, and that's aging only. It's unlikely we'd Never Ever die from toxins, chemicals, viruses, physical trauma, etc.,... Unless somehow if we had been successfully modified and upgrade to be like cybernetic organisms made out of "Machine Phase Matter", a very highly sophisticated and complex NanoMachines that allows virtually immunity to almost all forms of trauma and destruction and would instantly or near instantly regenerate whenever we would ever take any damage or from trauma.

At this point becoming immortal isn't likely going to happen so soon. Unless time travel was possible and someone steals the key to it in the future and somehow brought it back to the present or something because I think that it would be only possible in the very very distant future to the point where our technology had advanced to the point where it's so powerful, complex and sophisticated that eventually made it possible and provide the opportunities for humans to become immortals.

Either that or if Extraterrestrials that are so highly advanced and sophisticated and had already figured out how to upgrade to becoming immortals come to earth and provide us such opportunities or opportunities to upgrade our technology and hardware to make it possible for us to upgrade and become immortals.

0|0
    0|0
    • Time travel will never happen cause noone came from the future to infrom us about what happened there.

• Not yet, anyhow. But who knows for certain? As of now we can only imagine and make up theories and hypothesize about it might be possible to attain immortality, "if" it was ever attainable.

• 3mo

Thanks for MHO!

What Girls Said 8

• I don't believe immortality exists, just as infinity doesn't exist because it can never be reached, nothing more than a concept. I do believe, however, that some day human life could be greatly prolonged to a couple 100 years if we do our science right.

0|1
    0|0
    • I read that peopled used to live up to 200+ years and our life span is decrasing. I think that after few centuires, humans won't even to get to live 40 years.

• Immortality does exist. Age isn't natural and this is common sense. Age is the slow decay of the human body to which we have no cure for. Solve the problem and we have immortality.

• I think that all of outer space and beyond, as in the whole entire universe itself can be considered "infinite" or "infinity", and is completely incalculable by us. But we will never know for certain, as it's just theories that scientists come up with such as how the universe came to be and whether or not it will eventually no longer be, or cease to exist.

BUT, if the universe itself is truly infinite I would think that there was never a beginning and the universe itself had ALWAYS existed and then everything else within it slowly developed and came into existence because of all the atoms and blah blah constantly moving about and around within all time and space. And if that's the case that it had always been there, or rather here, then there really should never even be an end, and thus it would then truly be and IS infinite.

• Nope, not anytime soon. They would have to create a formula that stops you from aging. Even so, you can still die in an accident or through suicide.

0|1
    0|0
    • Well that is obvious, even elves get killed in fantasy books!

• Show All
    • i live it safely*

• Realistically, I would expect that's the best we humans could ever do if we ever were able to find such a breakthrough. But I would NEVER want a type of immortality where you can still die from physical trauma, feel lots of pain, and still have all the hard work that requires you to maintain your health and life since you'll keep having to pay bills and taxes, and you must still eat, drink water, have shelter, etc., thus you'll have to keep working in order to feed and support yourself for "living" forever this way with this type of not dying from causes of aging.

Not much different than being a mere mortal that can die only that if you don't you'd have to go through even more hard work and suffer until death occurs.

• anything is possible but all i know is tht i wouldn't *want* that. when u fuck with nature, nature fucks u right back. i'd prefer to die and leave the world in the hands of our children.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only when they die and go to heaven

0|1
    1|0
    • With all the religions out there, you can never know which one is right and which one is wrong. What if i don't want to go to hell?

• Show All
    • I think they hate muslims more than christians

• For terrorist reasons not for reasons based on God.

• more than likely not. however, if we could be, there are some people who need to be killed first so that their insanity doesn't plague the future.

0|0
    0|0
    • People doesn't want to die and you're worried about some insane people? lol

• Show All
    • @JudgmentDay no. that is a reference to rumplestitsken in once upon a time. nobody else could kill him but another immortal, which is why he was the only one who could kill his father.

• no. it just means that you can't be killed by natural means or regular people.

• Not likely since the power to prevent andromeda and Milky Way from making a bunch of galactic star babies is lmpossible.

0|0
    0|0
  • The new age movement and transhumanism

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• No, immortality is biologically impossible. Of course we can't know what the future holds with a 100% certainty but I would say we can safely argue with a 99.999999% probability that immortality will never be achieved.
    I've read about this topic some time ago and most scientists who are currently working in this field and are trying to expand the human life expectancy believe that the maximum life expectancy lies somewhere around 230-250 years. Everything that goes beyond this age is biologically simply not possible because even with special drugs that keep our cells young and active, the body eventually reaches a point where it cannot support itself anymore.
    As an analogy, you can perhaps think of a smartphone. Even if you're a very talented engineer who creates a super-extra low battery mode in which the smart phone uses almost no energy whatsoever, it still loses a tiny bit and eventually, the battery dies. You can't build a perpetuum mobile.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cryogenic freeze might work for that

0|0
    0|0
  • It's conceivable that you could slow down the aging process, but never stop it altogether.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, consider death as a disease. Every disease gets a cure eventually.

0|0
    0|0
    • "eventually" like never?

• Beware though a few centuries ago people said the same thing to humans flying in the sky.

• They died before knowing that we can actually fly so it is never for them. Same for you. 8)

• In the afterlife

0|0
    0|0
  • No. If you want to be immortal, you have to stop telomere shortening on your chromosomes every time they divide, and that's impossible.

0|0
    0|0
  • i hope not

0|0
    0|0
  • the ones who achieve paradise will because there's no evil or illness in paradise.. only peace and love

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm already immortal, peasant.

0|0
    0|0
  • Now doesn't seem like that but maybe will live longer

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont think so. Nature will kill us before that happens.

0|0
    0|0
  • No...

0|0
    0|0