Do some GAG mods abuse their authority or act in an unfair, biased way while acting as apart of a clique?

Based on what you have seen or experienced, do some GAG mods abuse or misuse their authority and extra functions in order to satisfy a member of this lame clique going on here? Have you seen or experienced a mod who acted in an unfair, biased way in order to satisfy an e-friend?

• Yes, I have seen GAG mods abuse their authority for their e-buddies.
  • No, I have not seen GAG mods abuse their authority for their e-buddies.
Maybe I shouldn't have blocked anonymous users. Loving the insight from mods but it would be nice to hear the perspective from non-mods :/

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

What Guys Said 1

• No the mods are pretty fair.
    They go overboard sometimes especially when some of them see me use the term "tranny" even though it's just a short form.
    I just saw them remove a racist anti-White post so that's good.
    For some reason a xenophobic question is still up about Making America White again but I'm sure it will be removed soon.

Honestly I think we should leave most stuff up except for the Nazis and Hamas supporters.

What Girls Said 8

• Um I've never done that. If we are using the mod feature for some sort of authority on Gag, it would be removed from us.

• Ya I don't see how we could do that...

• Lol! Say you have two people who get into a heated conversation but because one of them spends an excessive amount of their weekly life trying to make best buddies on the internet, their comments are not reported at all, reported less, or the general reporting is done to the person who's not vying to be apart of some clique online.

• Ya I don't think that happens... we all want to with the amazon gift card at the end of the month :p

• hehe, good to know it's not a thing for some mods because it seems like it is or has been for others

• It would be pretty difficult for a mod to "abuse" any authority since administrators make all final decisions. Mods simply recommend content to admins that they think violates our posting guidelines. If a post does not break any rules, it is re-instated. Admins are the only ones who can remove posts and we do monitor mods as well. If you feel like a moderator is acting inappropriately, you can always report them, just like any other user so we will be notified and can take action, if necessary.

• Yeah, no. That's not a thing.

• Mods can only hide things for admins to review, they get the final say on everything. So even if some mod does something like that and it doesn't violate anything then it'll just come back up.

• I don't really talk with other mods so I wouldn't know

• I don't know. No other mods talk to me or include me in friend groups hahaha

• I didn't think there were friend groups :p

• Lmao and if it makes you feel any better, I've got the GAG-Systems bot in my inbox telling me I don't report anything and if I want my mod status, I have to keep reporting. (Which is more fucked up to me, why report something if you don't feel like you need to,) with all the mods on here, there is literally nothing to report with everyone needing 10 a month.
      Regular users can report as well.

• Well thank you for clearing that up because that's how the situation seemed.

• Don't all people with power abuse it? I thought that was an understood thing.