Are nightclub promoters usually players?

I mean, is it pretty much a definite when you meet a guy who socialises, drinks, parties and tries to get hot girls into a club for a living that he's going to be a player/f*ckboy? I met this club promoter the other day; he flirts with almost anyone but I'm not sure if he actually sleeps around a lot. I don't necessarily like him but am attracted to him, and was wondering if it's even worth it.. If anyone knows anything about this please do tell.

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess they'd either swing two ways. They are either players naturally because its their job and they enjoy it. Or they fake it a little and actually just want a nice girl to go home to at night. It's like fisherman, they catch fish for a living but i bet they get sick of it and want a burger when they're in port.

The thing about a good player is that once you have some attraction to him its virtually impossible to tell lol. Only girls that find him unattractive can step back and objectively look.

Most Helpful Girl

• LOL

I wouldn't just assume that, necessarily. They *might* be players (or, more likely, wannabe players), they might not... The one thing that's much more consistent, though, is that they REALLY don't want to have a nine-to-five job.
    They want to avoid the 9-5 life so bad that they'll do promoting instead... which, frankly, sucks.
    Small commissions / low pay... glued to their phones ALL the time... intense competition... pretty much being on the absolute bottom of the club social hierarchy (below the actual doormen/security guys)... yeahhhh

Also, this isn't 1996 anymore, and promoting isn't nearly as much about actual *socializing* as it once was.
    These days, promoters are much more likely to be spending most of their day on their phones/social media than they are to be spending that time actually socializing with flesh-and-blood people.
    Really -- these days, it's more about being glued to a screen than anything else. Lots of them even do their recruiting/marketing through the internet, too, so they basically aren't doing ANY "socializing" of any magnitude.

__

That said...

Where is he located?

If he's in a party place where almost no one actually *lives* -- like, say, Las Vegas -- then, even if he wants to be a player, it's unlikely that he'll succeed. Just too much turnover, and no pretense of any reason for him to get to know girls better.

If he's in a city where the clubs have a regular clientele AND HE'S *REALLY GOOD* at his job (like he's the kind of promoter who can get you and yr friends a $3000 table for free, if you just show up and look good), THEN -- and pretty much only then -- he might be able to leverage those perks, and hook up simultaneously with a bunch of his "regulars".
    In any other situation, even if he WANTS to be a player... nah. Not enough leverage associated with that job.

• He's located in London, I think he only got into promoting recently but he works for most of the major clubs (the ones where celebrities quite often go to.) he's a relatively good looking guy so I doubt he'd lack *attention* anyway... Sigh.

• I think it should work out since I haven't actually formed any sort of attachment to this guy, only a shallow physical attraction. Thanks for the amazing advice!

• Sure, lmk how it works out (:

What Guys Said 6

• I've befriended a number of nightclub promoters in my lifetime. I'm sorry to say that they're usually not the types to keep a single girlfriend for long, let alone get married any time soon.

You might have a very rare exception, but these are guys who are surrounded by drunk girls each night.

I wouldn't call all the ones I've befriended "players". Few of them I know to lie and manipulate women to sleep with them. But they are definitely not the types to hold relationships for that long.

• Same goes for people working in night life areas in general: bouncers, bartenders, etc., to some degree or another. They're not necessarily going to manipulate women into sleeping with them but they're not usually guys who will keep a single girlfriend for long. Promiscuity just tends to kind of go hand-in-hand with these types.

• @redeyemindtricks It's all in his head. I think they should get married already! But he is afraid that he can't front all the hospital bills (her family helps with that at the moment). He's a really good guy in my opinion -- as genuine as they come.

• @redeyemindtricks He might have some traditional values (somewhat sexist) but he's an extremely good-looking guy who could probably have just about any girl he wants. And all he focuses on is his sickly girl who always needs medication. Met her at a party once and she fainted in the middle while he took care of her. He's kind of my idol in that sense.

• Most guys choose that lifestyle for the perks which is women, so I would think that the majority are not in it to find a relationship.

• My buddy does the marketing/promotion for a nightclub, it's a lifestyle choice and the women are a part of it. So yeah, obviously this is an individual thing but I think assuming anything to the contrary would be naivety and/or wishful thinking.

• Yeah they have a large social click.

• It's a pretty crappy job. I doubt people last long enough to get crafty. The girls I've seen handing out those little cards w/ the club's address were good looking ish but didn't seem particularly "crafty".

• He surely is approached by many girls. Whether he sleeps around depends on him.
    But you can test it: Try to get him. If accepts, he most likely does. If he doesn't and there aren't already other girls beside you and you are good looking, then he most likely not.
    So it's a loose-loose situation.

What Girls Said 2

• I just know that they are usually annoying af and I can't stand them for that exact reason.

• yes.