Guys, if a girl asks you out? How do you feel?

As stated above, how do yo feel if a girl would ask you out?
Or when she asked you out?

what if I know the person already? And please serious answers!
@ak666 @AleDeEurope @Red_Arrow @martyfellow

Most Helpful Guy

• This has only happened a handful of times in my life and my response went from "Ugh!" to "Wow!".

First time was when I was at a skating rink. It was unusual in that they had a half-pipe inside the skating rink. I liked to ride the half-pipe on the skateboard and do airs and kind of show off. Some girls would show up and watch sometimes (always a good motivator).

One of the girls who was watching me a lot did a strange thing where she came up to me and told me a girl really wants to ask me out. I asked who and she asked me to follow her to a corner in the skating rink where no one was around. So she grabbed my hand kind of forcefully and lead me there and was like, "Tada! It's me!" (what a strange way).

Problem is that I wasn't very attracted to her. She was quite chubby and maybe not exactly my type (though in my youth my idea of "type" was dumb, as it was based on inexperience and just idolizing images and girls I was crushing on). So I tried to tell her she's so nice and thanks for asking me, but I'm not so interested. Yet she wouldn't take "no" for an answer. She wrote me a love letter in high school and handed it to me and I got increasingly comfortable trying to repeatedly reject her gently while she kept coming on more and more strongly. So I had to just stop and say, "No, I'm really not attracted to you! I'm sorry about that, please leave me alone!" So that went pretty poorly.

The subsequent times were much better because I was attracted to a girl and they all happened in night clubs. One included a girl who just straight up approached me while I was dancing and goofing off with friends and asked me who I was, how I was doing, and invited me to hang out with her quite quickly. I was so amazed because she was really cute: small and slim, exactly the type of girl I'd want to ask out myself. So of course I said, "Hell yeah!" and gave her my number.

Then on the date I dressed up as nice as I could, shaved as clean as I could. It was weird because I'm used to arranging the whole date. I showed up at a station to meet her and I was like, "Here I am. Are you ready to show this guy a good time?" Her choice in the dating was a bit bland -- dinner and movie, and I felt a bit awkward during dinner because she was coming on much more strongly than I ever expected. There was nothing I had to do to win her over. The whole time I just thought I was so lucky. She wore this low-cut top I remember that looked so sexy, and was actually doing most of the talking.

• [... ] and I got increasingly comfortable [/uncomfortable] trying to repeatedly reject her gently [...]

With the girl I really liked, after the date was over I suggested we go to karaoke and drink and get some songs, and that was really fun. Then for the next date I initiated and planned it and started taking the lead. I really liked her a lot but she had to return to her hometown after the summer ended which was quite far.

There was one other girl who asked me out and she wasn't quite as much my type. She was pretty and eye-catching but she was one of those types who wore quite a ton of make-up, fake eyelashes, maybe a bit "diva" or "bitchy" and always posting selfies on Facebook. While she was attractive enough, normally this type of personality doesn't attract me so much.

However, I was at a night club one time towards the end and I was so drunk I kept trying to unlock the lockers with my house key while simultaneously wondering while the number wasn't printed on the key.

• [...] so then we slept together and our relationship got more sexual, but still there wasn't that much of a connection there outside sex. It was still fun but I never quite fell in love with her. Her personality mismatched a bit too much with mine.

• To summarize: it was not so great when I wasn't attracted to the girl at all and she wouldn't take "no" for an answer, it was amazing when I was mutually attracted, and it was still quite nice when I was attracted even though the girl wasn't exactly my type.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 19

• I would like that. It's very positive to see that a girl is asking the guy out, since it's not something most girls normally do, meaning that she's braver than the rest, she goes for what she wants, she doesn't have a stick up her ass believing that's not a woman's job, but most important, it shows that she really likes me.

So I would like it if a girl asks me out, I highly doubt that any decent guy will feel unmanly or whatever, if a girl asks him out, and if he does, well, at least you dodged a bullet.

If he likes you, he will say yes.

• If I liked her, I would most likely be flattered and say yes very quickly. Obviously, if I was not impressed with her in the first place, I would not want to date her. But even if she was just a friend to me, if she asked me out I would likely say yes and see what developed.

Was out of town, so just catching up on here. lol

@DandelionGirl - And if she was anything like you, I think I would like her.

• I'd be very wary of a US girl doing that. she must WANT something from me...

Girls in the US rarely do anything out of comradeship or because they actually like you... they always want something out of you.

A French or Chinese girl will do that because they like you, rarely want anything, so I would not be wary at all

Thanks for asking.. but it depends on the girl's cultural background in this case... very much so.

• i'd feel flattered

• I just get a confidence boost really. Makes me feel happy and validated.

• id feel good about it.

• it is a very nice feeling, like she is complimenting you

• i feel flattered lol.. obviously she thinks im pretty hot since physical attraction is the first attraction

• Depends, either excited or awkward.

• Pretty lit

• Well, then it's a date!

• never experienced it. I would probably be surprised, and feel happy.

• Flattered

• Depends on how she looks

• What's the price?

Sorry, I know I'm bitter.

• I'd feel happy

• I'm not ugly! I'm not ugly! :D

• i dont think words can describe how amazing and beautiful that would be, or how id feel, i would feel so happy and loved, and relieved to finally have a girl want/love me. especially if she was my dream girl, even if i didn't know her. it would feel soo normal for a girl to approach and ask, plus id be a little nervous and anxious from that much excitement.

• There is a meme out there where cheryl cole is going "Yesssssss!!! and fist pumps".

This is how this guy would feel. Ask them out!

What Girls Said 1

• Any guy that I ask out better be flattered and appreciate it.