Do you ever miss high school?

Friends little brother just graduated boot camp and became a young Marine today. I went over and we were all talking and sharing stories. Family was over and he started showing videos of his high school wrestling tournaments and his brother showed us pictures of when we used to wrestle together.

Srs hit me right in the feels though. I miss a lot of things about high school but sports definitely goes top on the list. Miss that competitiveness and camaraderie our varsity team had.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all.
    Once I graduated, I never looked back or missed it.

I guess, though, it would depend on your level of involvement in school, and the type/group of friends that you were around. Those are what makes memories.

In high school, I was (still am) a very independent person, and kept a very, very small group of friends (less than 5). I wasn't involved in any extra-curricular activities either. So, for me, school wasn't anything important or memorable because I didn't make memories there.

• Me too!!! It's so good to see someone feel my pain lol. I would never go back no matter how much anyone pays me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think I miss some aspects of it. I definitely don't miss the tight schedule and long, exhausting days. My high school life was pretty tough (in fact, sometimes I wonder how I even survived it). I usually had to get up at 5.30 in the morning because the school I attended is located in a different city, so I had to commute back and forth by bus and train. In the evening, I would usually come back home around 6-7 p. m. Then I had to eat dinner quickly, followed by 2-3 hours of homework. In Switzerland, Wednesday afternoons are always free for all students of all levels and I remember how I used to come home and just spend my whole, free afternoon sleeping because I was so exhausted. So that's something I definitely don't miss. I like university because I can assemble my classes myself and I generally have fewer classes because the focus strongly lies on getting projects done on your own.

However, ironically I nevertheless miss my high school days for all the academic stuff. My school was really awesome and I learned so much during those 4 years. I feel like my general knowledge, my understanding of the world, my whole educational level literally exploded during my high school years.
    I also miss my high school for its atmosphere. The school was pretty small (about 200 students) and everyone knew each other. Most of the people in that school were pretty mature and social (you would help each other out etc.). I also liked that we had some special traditions. For example at 10 a. m., there's always a big, 25 minute break in Swiss schools where students can drink a coffee and relax a bit. In other schools, classes just normally continue after this break. However, in my high school, all students and all teachers (including the principal) met after this break in a big hall (my school was a really pretty, 19th-century art nouveau style building) for 15 minutes. During these 15 minutes, anyone could go upfront and say something to the crowd. It could be something you really want to talk about to the rest of the school or it could also just be some organizational notice. After that, the whole school sang 2-3 songs together (usually a capella). I really loved and miss these kind of traditions. It made me feel like the whole school is one big family.
    And lastly, I also miss the great friendships I built during my high school time and the trips I went on with my friends during summer vacation. For example when we went on a beautiful, 3-week trip throughout the UK.

What Girls Said 24

• No. I miss college sometime. Living with my husband (then boyfriend) - nonstop sex every day, band, working out, staying up til wee hours of the morning partying, more sex, more music, some studying when required lol. I like my life now but occasionally I miss the lack of responsibility I had going on then lol

• LOL, no way. I miss the friends that I haven't seen in a while, but I definitely do not miss being bullied, made fun of for being tall, being called ugly and undateable, any of that shit. #byefelicia

• I miss being able to see friends as often as I did back then. The rest of it? Eh, not so much.

• Not really. I was the invisible girl with few friends and didn't get involved too much in after school activities.

After a while HS was like ''whatever'' to me.

• HELL NO!!! Fuck that shit!!! I don't middle middle school (aka the Devils headquarters) nor do I miss high school (scumville). I only miss elementary! I'm currently in college and love it and am sure I'll miss it. High school can kiss my ass!!!

• College sucks

• @Isnifffarts seriously? I LOVE college! Then again I'm only a sophomore so...

Why do you think it sucks? How is your experience? Maybe it's the certain college?

• I don't miss the classes or anything but I do miss the fun times I had in band, along with the awesome trips.

• noPE lmao it wasn't horrible but it just wasn't an environment i thrived in. i liked university waay more

• Hmm some I do and some I don't.

I miss playing softball for fun. When it was competitive but I wasn't getting paid for it. I miss my ex (not in a bad way but a friend way). And I miss not having stress lol I def don't miss the cliques though. My school was sooo superficial.

The older you get, the more you realize how easy you had it

• Hell no. Literally the worst 4 years of my life. If it hadn't been for my friends I'm pretty sure I would've hurt myself really bad

• NEVER once x 100000000000000.

My high school years were full of GREAT controversy + a HUGE fall from grace +
    getting expelled twice.

Ex private girls school girl right here = enough said!

• I am still there it is hell

• High school isn't that bad

• @Isnifffarts wow they created really important people

• No, not at all, I wasn't treated right, though I did like the lack of adult responsibilities

• Sometimes I look back and miss the friends I didn't keep in contact with and I miss how easy and care free life was.

• Hell no!

• I'd never miss high school. Thank god those years are over

• I'm still in high school... Ain't that great. Probably won't even miss it when I'm done.

• I'm still in high school. I doubt I would miss it.

• Not really no.

• I'm at high school and I don't miss it
    I don't think I'm ever going to miss it

• Nah time goes on

• God no, I can understand missing sports though, I miss cross country so I feel you

• Yup.

I'm going to be a Senior yess 🙌

• Hi I'm in high school so...

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 10

• No, I don't miss it at all and never did. I did enjoy high school, but I moved on and left it behind. I left the state immediately after graduating. Life become such a grand adventure, that the past paled in comparison.

As far as sports, I continued doing some after high school, but much more casually. If the college I went to had a gymnastics team I probably would have joined. I still did gymnastics, but not on a team. I also played intramural soccer, and worked out some. I should have done more of that instead of partying so much. I also continued bicycling which I always loved.

• Yeah, sometimes I do. I did really some crazy stuff with my friends xD

• Yeah. I've only been out of highschool for 2 years. I miss a lot of things about it. I miss a lot of the friends that I didn't keep in contact with. I miss playing football. Broke my ankle in our first scrimmage my senior year and was out for the whole season.

• i kind of dominated high school. it was a lot of fun i didn't capitalize the way i should have.

• No. I don't even miss the people. The ones I liked I still talk to... all three of them.

• Yeah High School was the best.
    Good times.

• Not a chance in hell

• Lmao you think these nerds would miss getting bullied?

• Yes and I'm only 22

• can you upload the pics