Am I weird for not being a fangirl?

I can fairly say that I am not a fangirl.

I neither idolize pop artists nor famous series or TV shows. People around me seem to have a great obsession with both.

I don't bother going to concerts and saving money up for tickets. I don't buy the latest novels (Well, I used to buy them but I stopped when my favorite series ended.)

I don't subscribe to the latest trends in entertainment so I could say that I am a dumbass when it comes to latest songs and latest movies.

Does that weird you out?

• Yes
  • No
  • Indifferent

Most Helpful Guy

• That's generally a kind of a maturity in my opinion, to not get star-struck at all. You might see people in a more rational kind of light instead of swooning over wherever the spotlight happens to shine.

Though I'm not always sure I want to be with someone that level-headed. Sometimes it's fun to kind of participate a little bit.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you're just not a fangirl *yet*. Who knows maybe there will be an OMG AMAZING show or book series that you really get into and meet other people who do too.

What Guys Said 7

• Totally not weird. I don't keep track of any Kardashians, bachelorette, or listen to modern music either. I got better things to do. Haven't been to a concert since like 1998 or 1999. No dumbass in that.

• Seeing how your generation puts Morons on tv like Justin Bieber or Kim K and nothing like what we had in the 90s I'd say that would be awesome lmao

• I'm pretty sure fangirls are a minority. most people just watch/read enjoy it and move on without making a bunch of fan art and forums.

• I'm not either haha.

• Never been much of a fangirl either, but then again, I don't tend to like music that one would fangirl about.

• well done you

• Yes you are weird

What Girls Said 7

• Not weird. We all have our hobbies. I like admiring fan art and discussing the latest episode of favorite shows. I think having shows that air on different days of the week, give me something to look forward to no matter how bad my day is. I think if I met a favorite celebrity, I would say how I admire their acting or singing and maybe ask them a question. I would pass out or hyperventilate. That's ridiculous.

• That's not weird at all. Not everyone needs to be obsessed with something.

• I'm not a total fangirl either (well except when it comes on to Marvel/DC movies).
    Don't worry it is totally normal.

• I'm the exact same thing as you. I like songs by many artists and I do have favorites and everything, but it's not like they're my idols or anything.

• Yeah, I don't get it either. People are obsessed with that these days. Don't they feel foolish for idolizing someone they don't even know or at all, for that matter.

• This is what I think about them, too 😊

• It just makes me think that they're not capable of thinking for themselves lol

• Tbh I'm only a fangirl when it comes to TLoZ or an anime called Death Note.

• Not at all.