I want to start writing again and I have two developed ideas - which one would you prefer? Descriptions below! What do you think?

Story 1 - set in a point in time that's not now, (not necessarily future like but not modern day) - all about humans and another race of beings (human like) that are shunned from the cities for being different and 'dangerous'. Protagonist ends up looking after an injured one, finds out plans of humans to destroy and get rid of these beings, so protagonist helps fight with the beings to stop them from being hurt. (Don't want to give too much detail away)

Story 2 - (came up with this idea a year or two ago and have since watched Gossip Girl and am worried it's a little too similar, but think I can get away with it) - revolve around small high school friend group, all about their lives and growing up and exploring new things and how that affects friends and other relationships - during this there are videos posted weekly/monthly uncovering different secrets and truths of the different people in high school, causing problems for others and the group - eventually work to find out who

• Story 1
  • Story 2

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not a fan at all of Story no. 2 styles but story no. 1 sounds like a young adult book like Ender's game or Divergent and those genres have fizzled out recently. So I think if you can make Story no. 2 decent it might have potential for those who enjoy stories like that.

Most Helpful Girl

• tbh none, they both sound pretty mainstream

What Guys Said 6

• story one is not original , the most important factor for a science fiction story. i am not in the target audience of stories like second one.

• I think story 1 can be really good if you work hard on it, but its easy to make it stereotypical, so you have to be careful.
    But story 2 is interesting too and you have less risks apart from copying the story😜
    good luck❤️

• Please don't do a story with aliens.

• Both sound really good and creative! I chose A though

• Story 1. Because I think the world needs more of this kind of rhetoric.

• Story 2

What Girls Said 3

• I like both of your topics but I chose the girls and school. You could even add some of your personal experiences to the story. Good luck in which ever subject you choose!!

• Idea No. 1 is difficult to expand as it is hypothetical and imaginary, while No. 2 covers memories, places and faces you are familiar with, and mostly based on real world. So I think Idea No 2 is better to develop.

• Both sounds good but I think I've heard story 2 a hundred times before. As for story 1 you should kinda make something about it pretty unique. Maybe a twist or something. Make sure there'sa lot of character development as well. All the best!