Found explicit messages on nieces phone?

She's 12.
And there's a conversation about handjobs and blowjobs to a boy

• Fuck that tell her parents
  • Nah leave it

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• oops clicked the wrong one lol AND YES PLEASE TELL HER PARENTS like girl she shouldn't be talking about that kind of stuff that's nasty. Plus it's for her own safety so I would definitely tell her parents about that

What Guys Said 28

• I think the parents would really appreciate it if you told them.

• You don't tell her parents.

However you as her "young aunt" should educate her on this issue because you're not so old as to be stuffy about and i'm sure you remember what it's like hitting puberty yourself.

• I wasn't talking about this type of shit at 12. Get your facts right.

• Whoa calm down, i assumed you could relate being closer in age. So you were very chaste, congratulations. Fact of the matter is you have to do something about it, but telling her parents straight up isn't the best way.

• I'm 90% sure you're already determined to tell her parents based on the negative responses to all the opinions for leaving the situation be.

ehh I'm still gonna try to change your mind anyway

This is the information era -- Most children are exposed to explicit material at an extremely young age. Telling her parents would only complicate the situation and do more harm than help. In the end, you lose your niece's trust and she learns how to hide things from her family better.

This is the exact sort of thing that kids text each other about nowadays. If you chillax and think it through, you'd probably realize that it's nothing serious.

• I would have allowed it had she been 15, but 12 ?
      And no you ain't changing my mind.

• tell her parents about this asap.
    no wonder this generation is doomed. lol

• i would tell her parents

• Inform her parents

• tell her parents.

• I'm on the line here. I voted yes but she's getting to that age so I don't know.

• Yeah I know I feel the same

• We were all raging balls of hormones at age 12, don't be that "out of touch old person".

Leave it be.

• I wasn't talking about this shit at 12. And most people agree.. fucking hell I hate this world

• @dudeman we didn't have the Internet access we do now, most 12 year old Americans have, or have access to, an Internet device of some sort, parents can't monitor everything.

• no i had dsl when i was twelve.

• If she was older, I would say leave it, but she is too young for that.

• sluts are getting younger and younger these days, i wonder who they learn it from

• kids these days are mental. when i was 12 i was busy playing in farmers fields and riding bikes lol. i didn't start thinking about sex until i was at least 15/16.

In regards to your question, id talk to her about it rather than tell her parents.

• I know right. At 12 I didn't know about this stuff

• well without knowing the real nature of the convo.. it's hard to say...

could just be innocent curiosity

I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt because it could harm her sense of trust

• If you were a 12 year old girl and someone went through your phone and found that shit, and told your parents... how would you feel?

• Nobody likes a snitch.

• Nah nobody likes the truth.

• What the fuck were you doing in her phone? seriously?

• Oh deary I snooped on a CHILDS phone, you know it's all about safety and who exactly she's talking to... it could be a predator for all I fucking know. Douche.

• She's just 12, that's not good. You can tell the parents but ask them not to be too hard on her

• Why are you on her phone? Snoop

• Does no one remember being 12? This is normal sexual exploration.

• ikr, no wonder kids have trust issues.

• *involve

• You are lying to yourself or don't remember. This isn't a new generation thing either. I am hella old and I remember being 11 years old in Grade 7 and talking about orgies and orgasms. We didn;t really understand but we were learning, that is what life is.

• Put a stop to it

But also stop looking at peoples' phones

• I think I have every damn right cause she is a child and can be up to all sorts.

• I don't give two flying shits. It's for the people who pay for it to have a say in it. You don't get to declare the rules and invade someone else's privacy just because you're an adult.

• You're a kid yourself, you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

• You could talk to her about it yourself. My choice would depend on her parents. If I knew they would react in a loving way, then I would tell them. If I thought they were likely to have an irrational reaction, I would talk to her myself.

• They would literally have a bitch fit

• approach it sensitively, i know they' d probably flip out initially, but wait for them to calm down and they might let you into their life. good suggestion @slatyb

• I'm not getting involved I'd probably say something to her though

• a woman on someone else's phone, what a surprise..

• And we have another fucktard.

• How old is the boy?

• Does it really matter? She is only 12.

• They boy shouldn't be having sex either at 12.

• I would just talk to her niece if i was her, her parents don't need to be involved unless the guy was a paedophile

• Stay out of it respect other people's property and privacy no matter who it is she's probably hot and wants her tight young hole fucked to death

• It's fucking pervs like you this worlds a mess.

• How is telling her parents going to help? Certainly do not tell them

• Fuck that tell her parents

• as long as they are the same age, than its their own business.

What Girls Said 22

• Yell at her and threaten to tell her parents.

• I picked the first option but I think you should talk about it to her yourself. Let it be known that you found out and embarrass her. Tell her something along the lines of you won't tell but if she does it again that you won't hesitate to do so.

But a 12 year old having a phone? That's just asking for trouble unless the child is a saint. lol

• This is a sure-fire way to have the kid exile the aunt and obliterate the trust

• That's normal sexual exploration at age 12 in my opinion

• @Prof_Don It may be but she shouldn't be talking to people she doesn't know about it. I kept that kind of stuff to myself and even at that age I was not aware of what a blow job was. In the end, it's her decision but I believe the niece should be confronted.

• You need to tell her parents. This could be a boy who will hurt her, physically or mentally. She's young enough to be victimized easily.

• Meh, tell her parents or talk to her if you want to admit you went through her phone.

• I don't think it's a bad thing to go through a child's phone.

• "Incredibly disrespectful " lmfao so you wouldn't go through your child's phone and want to know their safety and what they're upto. For all you know, they could be talking to a fucking predator.

• I wouldn't go through my child's phone, no. I want to trust them, the way I wanted my parents to trust me. It damaged my relationship with my parents very much when I realised my mother was going through my things, I am not willing to do that to my child.

• Don't grass her up to her rents but ask her about it. She may be getting into something she's not quite sure herself, might be an older boy manipulating her. Talk to her about it and ask her. Don't drop her in it with her mum and dad, she'll appreciate it more if you help her out.

• At the age of 12 loads of people are doing stuff like this now a days so don't tell her parents. After all there is no really harm in talking about them or given them to be fair. If this were a hundred years ago she would be married and probably pregnant so I don't know why people feel that teenagers or preteens are mature enough to do things like this, if they feel happy and ready to do these things or talk about these things I don't see the harm.

• i'd say something to her parents but hope they don't overreact and cause her to rebel

• Well I never..

I mean, she's starting to develop so I say MYOB but then I want to say tell her parents. Im stuck! As long as she's not having unprotected sex already..

• Damn... four years ago I didn't even know what handjobs and blowjobs were :/

• Omg tell her parents what if. she becomes prego at 15 you will feel bad

• tell her parent... she's 12 that's too young

• We have all done it... it may just be big talk... I don't know what to tell you, because it depends on the children involved.

• leave it, as long as the guy isn't much older and it doesn't put her in danger.

• A 12 year old shouldn't be having sex.

• Like I said before, I don't think this is wrong at all.. "Invading privacy " lmfao the girl is fucking 12 and is still a young child, had she been 15 I would've allowed it. But it's also for safety reasons and she could very well be talking to a predator, plus the parents have allowed me to keep an eye on what she does on her phone.

• you don't give a child a phone if u have to constantly look over their shoulder to make sure they aren't being predated. talk to her urself, anyways. tell her parents if it does put her in danger.

ik my parents never invaded my privacy, never read any of my diaries and never made me open my texts for them. tht's probably why i have a better relationship with them than other people have with their parents.

• Why were you looking on her phone? If you tell her parents then they will know that you were snooping through her phone.

• I'm not even going to explain for the 100th FRIGGIN time why I think it's ok to look through a child's phone. Anyways her parents said its fine and to keep an eye on what she does on her phone.

• Well aren't you a grumpy so and so.. You need to chill out a bit.

Maybe it would have made more sense to update your question rather than individually telling everyone why you think it's ok to look on your nieces phone.

• I think it's time to sit down with her and tell her about the facts of life and take her to the doctor and get her on the pill. If you tell her not to have sex she's going to rebel and have as much sex as she possibly can and come home pregnant.

• She's normal honestly. I was that age when I looked up hard porn. But mention it sure.

• It's not a good way for someone's sexuality to start of. This virtual shit can go bad real quick

• Talk to girl in friendly tone.

• Would you think it is different if she was 14 or 15?

• At 12 years old the majority of people have already masturbing that's doesn't surprise me...

• If she was 16, I'd say let it be.

But 12 ... She needs some facts learned.

• Yes exactly my thoughts.. I'd allow it if she was 15/16

• Really just confront her yourself. She may feel really really bad if you let her parents know. Im sure you remember being that age and being new to all that stuff. Make her aware of what she's saying and what situations she could be getting herself into.