Why do so many people feel that they deserve an explanation about your past?

what i mean is: # of sexual partners, type of sexual partners, ethnicity of sexual partners, etc...

I have noticed a lot of these types of questions popping up on this site. i mean, it's not like you will always know the answer, even in real life. and if you don't know, than it shouldn't really bother you in the first place. because that shouldn't be the determining factor of your relationship.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think there's a fundamental difference between wanting to know a person's past and judging a person's past. I don't judge anyone for being promiscuous. Heck, you can suck of every single man between 18 and 90 in the United States. That doesn't make me condescend to you. However, I do want to know about a potential partner's past. Why wouldn't I? When I got to know my girlfriend, I wanted to know where she went to school, how she grew up, where she had traveled in her life, what music she listened to as a teenager, how many times she had fallen in love, how she had coped with difficult situations in her life so far etc. etc. All these and many other things are part of what makes her unique; what makes her her. Considering I was falling in love with her and wanted to start a relationship, of course I wanted to know what kind of person I'm getting involved with. Why would her sexual past be some kind of exception to this rule?

Also, while I don't judge promiscuous women, I personally didn't want to get involved with a girl who has a wild sexual past. When I was 22 and I got to know my current girlfriend, I was still a virgin. Had my girlfriend been one of those girls who have a very wild sexual past, we most likely wouldn't have fit together in terms of personality and character. She would have probably been a woman who likes parties and clubbing and things like that. I don't like these things and so it was important to know about her sexual past.

What Guys Said 3

• On this site it's just people looking for different things to make posts about. Nothing forcing anyone to respond. IRL, there are good reasons to know such things as number of partners ("is this chick a whore?"), type of partners ("gay stuff... AIDS?") and ethnicity of partners ("mudshark? No thanks!").

• It depends if a girl had 100... Might be no bueno.
    I don't ask though, don't really want to know how many dicks she's had.

• I agree. I've never asked a girl for her cock count though. If they volunteer a number, remember to always multiply by at least 4 and usually 7 because women won't count one night stands and they count pulling a 10 guy train as ONE on their count.

The only thing I am really interested in knowing is if she's been with a non-white. That's a deal breaker for me. Always. Take your mudsharking as elsewhere.

• @Regulatus Hahahaha

• if they want to talk about then they do if they dont then they dont.

What Girls Said 2

• Some people may feel this way because the explanation is ultimately a deciding factor as to whether or not they'll continue to pursue. Or they're just being nosey as hell

For me, the detail of a man's sexual past may be a determining factor of our relationship because I'm not going to be in a relationship with a man who's been tactlessly using females, disposing of them, and being careless with their bodies as well as his. It's not a mental choice; it sincerely disgusts my soul. I'll accept a lot of things but lack of integrity isn't one of them. If a guy has a consistent pattern with disrespecting women, being deceitful, and just using people then I don't think those habits are just going to magically vanish in a relationship.

• As far as STDs go I guess