What is the most physically painful thing you have endured?

Mine was getting my wisdom teeth removed

What about you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've gotten some broken bones but I think the most unpleasant was an extreme case of uvulitis (swelling of the uvula).

Got it when I got so drunk one Friday night that I passed out on the toilet seat in my home.

I woke up with a massive headache and it was night time so I thought I must have slept all the way through the day until Saturday night.

Turned out it was Sunday night. I had been passed out over the toilet for about 40 hours.

Tried to crawl my way to the fridge to get water and drank it but then I gagged and vomited all the water almost instantly. Then tried to drink more and vomited that too. Then crawled to bed and passed out again.

Fortunately one of my friends came over and I made it to the door. He took me to the hospital while I was not able to talk without gagging because of that swollen uvula.

Then got diagnosed with uvulitis from severe dehydration. Took about 6 weeks to recover and I could not eat solid food (and even soup and water were hard to swallow without triggering a gag reflex).

• oh my god. Really severe story. It wasn't traumatizing?

• @SovereignessofVamps Yeah, 80 proof (rum and whisky). Was kind of brokenhearted at the time. The doctor said he never saw a case like that before. It's apparently common in some countries where people almost die of dehydration from the desert, not something he ever saw in his career in Tokyo.

Anyway, I learned to tone it down on the drinking after that. :-D It did teach me a valuable lesson.

• @SovereignessofVamps I also had a giant red imprint of the toilet seat on my head for about a couple of weeks. :-D Worst part for me was just being unable to talk for the first couple of weeks of recovery. Also couldn't breathe through my mouth or it'd trigger a gag reflex, so I had to force myself to breathe through my nose consciously.

Most Helpful Girl

• Putting on anon for obvious reasons xD

When I was around 5 or 6 I wanted to make a pb&j sandwich. The PB was in a cabinet above the kitchen counter, I opened the bottom cabinet as a stool to climb on top of the counter. I got the PB and attempted to climb down. I lost my footing and basically the bottom cabinet door went inbetween my legs and slammed my "bits". I cried so much. My mom put me in the bath to calm the pain and it turned out I was bleeding from my "bits". Not a fun experience.

What Guys Said 34

• I have a reallyhigh pain tolerance. I had all kinds of shit thrown at me, handled my wisdom teeth being pulled quite easily, gotten elbow checks on concerts right to the face. The one thing that really stood out of all of that and pushed me to my edge was when I had Kidney Stones 2 years ago.

To explain the feeling of a kidney stone: Imagine your abdomen area starts cramping, but its not only your abdomen, but your insides as well. Everything inside your belly keeps moving in order to press out the stone (kinda like giving birth, just worse and without the positive hormones released) and with every passing minute and hour you get more exhausted. Your muscles get sore, but you still keep cramping. Yes, the cramping stops inbetween, but then you just feel the high amounts of pain and the soreness before it goes back to cramping.

• I understand your pain so much.

Kidney stones are painful in a way I've never felt before, especially when you pee it out :(

• I heard some noises made by a gaggle of weasels called 1D, my ears were bleeding for weeks afterwards.

• When my first serious girlfriend broke my heart when I was 21 years old, that was the most physically painful thing that I have experienced.
    There was physical pain, not just unbearable mental pain.
    I have been shot, stabbed, broken fingers, toes and ribs, my right bicep was once torn in two and the surface was once ripped off my left cornea. . . but compared with what what girl did not me those things hardly register on the scale.

• Forgot to add: also herniated two lumbar discs and almost destroyed my left knee in a bad parachute landing.

• I had just had hip repair surgery and they had given me a nerve block before I left the hospital. well I was comfortable so I wasn't taking many pain killers. Well I was sleeping the nerve block stopped working and I had to go to the bathroom and sat down , well bending my hip with little pain meds put me in tears and I wanted to roll off the toilet it took everything my wife had to get me back in bed. I though I knew what pain was until that day

• I had a swollen knee with big wounds on it from playing soccer and I needed to clean the wounds daily. It was very bad that I didn't walk for 2 months and a half. The painful part was in the cleaning process. I had to remove whatever was covering the wounds then remove the dead skins and the dirty stuff which hurts a lot then squeeze the wounds so pus would come out until I only see blood then sterilize it then cover it again. The squeezing part felt like a nail going in and out of my knee. I will never forget that.

• Broke my shin in a longboarding accident when i was 14. I was going down a hill with my friends and i was going too fast when i made this kinda sharp turn, hit the curb and went flying. Luckily it was simple break so it healed a little easier. But definitely the most pain i've ever been in.

• Mine was probably from having a blood clot in my arm. They removed it numerous times and it was super swollen and hurt. My arm is normally 12 Inches around and it was so swollen and big from the blood clot it was 16 inches around. They removed my rib and neck muscle and that wasn't pleasant either.

• Being thrown through the back glass during a car wreck and landing 70 ft away from the truck, breaking my spine at T-10 and three ribs as well, shattering my left hip socket, 3 surgeries, paraplegia, the emotional torment and embarrassment of sketchy continence, and to top it all off I MISSED THE FUCKING SUPERBOWL!😤

• And also nerve pain and muscle spasms that randomly kick people, but that can be more comic relief than painful sometimes😄

• Dislocated my finger playing football, lucky I didn't snap it in half the way I fell on it with my body weight and the guy who tackled me.

• teeth removal was fine. removing a fistula on my tailbone, running around with a deep open wound in my buttcrack for a month was fine. broken arm: fine... but i hate having the dentist putting a drill to my teeth for a filling xD that´s the worst!

• I actually don't know what's been the most painful thing that I have endured the first thing that comes to mind was getting my first ever tattoo

• I got caught in the way of a penalty kick in my neighborhood street when a rock hard football got booted towards my head. I was 9 years old and felt a right buzzing sound in my head for 6 hours like it was some minor injury to brain.

• I had to get teeth pulled when I was 7 but my adhd meds counteracted the numbing medication so I felt the whole thing.
    Fuck that terrified me

• Fractured wrist.
    I had my wisdom teeth removed too. Having them removed wasn't so bad but I think I had a bit of dry socket afterwards, which was very uncomfortable.

• Having a shirt ironed on my back.

• FORESKIN IN ZIP.

That is the most unholy pain I've ever experienced... And I have been punched in the face more than a few times.

• i got a bladder infection once. that shit is painful.

• My Achilles blowing out

Also times as a Slave Boy with my ex Mistress

• I had meningitis 5 years ago. The pain is unbearable.

• Broken ribs. OUCH !

• Yes id say toothache is the most painful. I had really bad toothache one Christmas. I'd say it is worse pain then being kicked in the balls.

• Heart break

• yeah having a tooth pulled for me too

• kidney stones.

worse than child bearing.

• I hear you on that. Have had them 3 times in my life and the pain is unbearable.

• @admles holy shit... i had one...

4 mm... after 6mm you need surgery

def unbearable... punched a hole through a wall at the ER... nurses were too desensitized i had to make a statment lol

• Kidney stones.

Never have I ever felt greater pain in my life.

• Probably when I was skateboarding and landed on a rail right between my nuts!

• I lived with an abscessed tooth for several months.

• Getting stabbed in the leg in a fight holy fuck i wish it never happened

• Kick to the balls

• getting bit in the hand by a dog

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 16

• i've had a few that were up there for me.

- stepping on a curler
    - my calves cramping up in the middle of the ocean, and still having to move my legs to stay afloat till someone came to get me.
    - concussion from a car accident
    - standing in heels for 10 hours!
    - soccer ball to the head... at least i defended the goal right?

• Mine was my period a few months ago. I know girls always say they're painful but a few months ago mine was so bad I was vommiting the whole day cause my body couldn't take the pain, I couldn't stand cause my back hurt so much and all I could do was lay on the floor lol

• When I waxed downstairs lol. So much more superficial pain than than the other opinions, but I promise you it hurts like hell 🙄

• My sister was mad about not being able to go to her friends house. So she slammed the car door when she was getting out, unfortunately my hand was there when she slammed it I was 9. I had 2 broken fingers and one was sprained one. I hated her for that shit for like 2 weeks. It was so hard to write at school. 😑😣

• Having to suffer through torn muscles and soft tissue because I got rear ended. I was on the max dosage of pain killers everyday for months and am still not fully recovered

• When I pulled a muscle around my heart although I've had worse things happen to me which were more than like more painful I just can't remember them.

• IUD. It wasn't awful but knowing I couldn't move or tense while someone was basically stabbing my uterus was pretty bad and made it worse

• Mine was when I had my first cervical smear test it was so painful I haven't experienced pain like that since but I'm pretty sure it was so painful because I was so nervous about having it done for the first time because every other time I've had it done since hasn't been as painful

• HSG test for sure it's the most painful thing I've had to endure, never again would I want to go through it

• Broken ribs twice + a close to bursting appendix.

• Gastroenteritis.
    Was puking out bile and black blood.
    It sucked.

• I pulled a piece of wood (8in) out of my foot

• Slammed a finger in a car door 😭

• Ugh.
      My best friend did that to me on accident.
      She was wondering why the door didn't close and tried to slam it again until I screamed, lol.
      </3

• Bone marrow biopsy is one.

• Being penetrated 😲

• A shattered elbow.