Is it possible to learn about computer science at home?

Any tips?

Most Helpful Guy

• You can learn almost anything online, they have online school too now if you just want a degree. What exactly are you trying to learn?

• Softwares?

• Thank yas

• welcome :)

What Guys Said 9

• yes it is, you can download many tutorials from youtube or from other sites too, just search on google the topic you want to learn

• Yes, it is. In fact, it's been quite possible as long as the internet has been around. All you have to do is look for the right material/resources. Start with something simple like how a computer works, and then work your way from there. Granted, it might be best to take a class or two maybe to get you started. But after that, you could very well learn everything you want at home as long as you have an internet connection with a computer at the end of it.

• yeah. i would start with a book called learn python the hard way. its actually really easy just time consuming and in sixty lessons or so you will be ready for some more in depth books. you can find it for free on a tor**** site.

• If you just wanna do cool stuff just install some programs

• maybe just download some computer science manuals or even video courses and try your best.

• yea but good luck its a pain in the ass

• sure
    what exactly do you wanna learn?

• I don't know honestly. I just wanted to gain some skills from that

• Tracing people
      That's network security topic
      Start with network

• no not people :D

cars

• yeah.. i dont feel like college is required for stuff like that.. i never understood why people took that as a major when you can just learn about computers on your own time

• Yep.. Self learning

What Girls Said 1

• Yes! Its totally possible! Just look up tutorials online, such as youtube, and take online courses. CS is one of those things where you don't need an official degree to learn it, as long as you know how to do it, and do it well, you're good to go.

• Where do I begin? :P I mean any topics that I should start with first so I don't feel lost?

• I feel like you should learn about what is CS, and what are the principles. The first language you should delve into is either ruby on rails, or python. Both of good for beginners, and completely straight forward.