Ever had a spell of depression that comes out of nowhere?

I'm having that right now where i'm just in a depressed, alone mood and I have no reason for being this way. I feel really down and anything I do is not bringing any pleasure. It's weird cause throughout the week i'm feeling ok then it hits me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can relate to this.. Sometimes for no reason I will feel hopeless, like there is no reason to continue on with life. It's hard to put your finger on what is causing it and sometimes you just have no idea. Sometimes there is no reason. I think for me and a lot of people it happens because we feel like we don't have purpose in our lives. It's normal for this to be happening every once in awhile but if it continues for awhile you may want to talk to someone close to you. Really the most painful thing about depression is the feeling of being alone, like you can't share how you feel, and that is a lie. So many people go through it. I hope that you find the strength to overcome your depression. Just keep pushing, sometimes that's the best you can do

Most Helpful Guy

• Have you previously experienced depressive spells? Are you nearing the anniversary of any tragic event in your life?

What Girls Said 3

• Try taking a cold shower.
    And while you are doing so, try to shift your mindset.
    Try to give yourself a positive/motivating talk.
    Something like, "Just one of those days but this time you are gonna beat it."

And do something even if you don't enjoy it.
    But time it and take break.

So say you picked editing a video.
    Do it/force yourself to do it for 25 mins and then take a 15 minute break and either get back to it or move on to something new.

• Right now

• Man... Going through one right now I feel like crying honestly

What Guys Said 0