Why do so many people have such animosity towards God?

If you mention God, so many people speak with so much animosity. They can't seem to voice their thoughts without being hostile ESPECIALLY atheists.

Why is this?

Anyone who chooses to be antagonistic, patronizing, or disrespectful will not be participating here. I will not tolerate that.
Why is it that atheists will claim their issue with religious people is that we attempt to shove our beliefs down their throats, yet there have been several atheists who came here and immediately began trying to shove their lack of beliefs down MY throat and any other believer? Why does it seem like most atheists have this weird, pushy, demanding obsession with rejecting God and denouncing him amongst believers?

Most Helpful Guy

• I just avoid it generally, if someone keeps driving to shove 'god' down my throat I get pretty irritated.

• So you may have animosity because you assume that someone's trying to "shove God" down your throat?

• No offense, but I didn't mean to give you MHO

What Guys Said 19

• Because of smug hypocritical Christians who praise Jesus and then act exactly the opposite of what he would do

• So because of how particular individuals act, you feel animosity towards God?

• @_Asker Im only quoting some Bible verses. Don't forget:

images.onesite.com/.../...e85179d2fa7c91842437.jpg

• @jacquesvol I don't care to arrogantly hear you attempt to speak for other people and be the spokesperson for people you do not know. I requested YOUR personal feelings. I don't have the time to be clicking on 50 links from you and reading all the content. Construct your own original thought. Share your own personal feelings WITH RESPECT.

I'm not even aware of what you are saying because I'm not tuned into what seems to be an extended ego stroke. Your excessive posts full of links have not captivated my attention and I have no interest in someone who's obsessed with subliminally, passive aggressively trying to denounce my beliefs.

• Atheists are NOT angry with God. You can't be angry with something that doesn't exist. Try being angry with the Easter Bunny - you can't do it.

What atheists DO get angry about is the insistence by Theists that God is GOOD. If God existence, His actions would be classified as childish, immoral, vengeful, and abusive.

Since our language has no easy way to describe the way that something that doesn't exist acts, discussions by atheists start to "sound" as though they are angry with "God" because they fail to preface every statement with, "If your silly god existed, he would be..." Instead the say, "God is a..."

That doesn't mean that they're "angry with God," it's just a problem with the language.

• @Intraluminal that's because languages were created before atheism.

• @SinghSong They didn't need a belief system to think a lightning or a storm or just rain were sent by a guy in the sky.

• I think that neither of you now have the chance to use your voice, be heard here, and participate because you both insist on disrespectfully mocking religion and being nasty towards people who have beliefs that you don't. It's so ironic when atheists complain about religious people trying to force our beliefs on them or insulting them for not being believers but it is ALWAYS the atheists immediately trying to force THEIR LACK OF BELIEF on religious people and insulting believers.

As it mentions above, I will be tolerating zero disrespect.

• Part of it is the proselytizing by Christians, if you have a lot of negativity thrown at you, you might be a little hostile. (And to tell someone that they are going to hell even with the nicest intentions is still negative)

• I am neither atheist nor Christian. So it's easy for me to see it from the outside, atheism is as much a religion as any other. It's a blind belief in scientific infallibility, even though science itself is based on the belief that we don't know everything. Science is real, but certainly doesn't know everything, and has recently even proven some religious concepts.

• @2bv-2b I'm pagan.

• @2bv-2b thanks anyway, a is good.

• Because religion is brainwashing. And people who don't want to accept this as a fact tends to claim this is antagonistic, even though it's technically just a fact. It's behavior control through shaming tactics.

• *In YOUR opinion

• Not an opinion, you gotta make people not want to do things that the Government does not want them to do.

• It is an opinion. You do not know everything. Based on how I've seen you speak and conduct yourself around here, I know you like to believe that you know everything and that your word is the final, official truth, but it truly is just an arrogantly expressed opinion at the end of the day.

• No problem with those imaginary gods but their fanclubs areoften scary.

• They're not imaginary gods. If you're going to be disrespectful, rude, and nasty then you don't get to participate here at all.

• I have no idea. And yes, athiests are the ones who push their ideas on people and yes, they are highly annoying. They claim they know science when they know jack in real life. Most atheists on here are not even drinking age and speak as though they know everything there is to know which of course is laughable.

• if someone tries to talk to me about god, i tell them that i am atheist. if they continue i will once again respond saying that i am atheist and that i don't care. if it was to continue from then, that is where i turn a little hostile.

i am pretty laid back with religious people, i don't care about what or who they believe in, but if they insist on pushing it on me, i will naturally get pissed off.

• Why get "pissed off" though? Really ask yourself, please?

• Please make the time to watch this video. This man spent nearly three decades in the FBI and learned about a massive web of Satanism among the CIA and Hollywood involving kidnapping, ritual sacrifice, and cannibalism. Their doesn't just so happen to be a bunch of lunatics from all over the globe who band together to worship Satan for no reason. The sacrifices are gaining them worldly power and earthly riches; they are sacrificing their afterlife to experience luxury in this world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BplUD6kQYuU

Whatever you choose, just know that God loves you and he wants you to end up with him. It is not an easy walk but you are in danger if you don't choose it. I really hope and pray for the best for you.

• "Satan is real"

"Just trust and believe me when I say that heaven and hell are very real places and if you are rejecting God, then you will not make it into the kingdom of heaven."

"Your soul is not safe if you are not on God's side."

those type of posts are exactly why atheists will get antagonistic towards you.
      you're practically TELLING them that your beliefs are 100% concrete correct (which they're not, and neither are mine) AND you're using fear tactics to get them to believe with you.
      believing in something and fearing it are different things.

• — "Why is it that atheists will claim their issue with religious people is that we attempt to shove our beliefs down their throats, yet there have been several atheists who came here and immediately began trying to shove their lack of beliefs down MY throat and any other believer?"
    Because these were two different atheists. That is why.

• because they blame him for their pains.

its because they dont understand that with love he gave us, he had to intrinsically weave freedom into it. if every-time you were about to get a papercut God intervened, what you're asking isn't humanity and love but something else.

in the same way, a lot of our sufferings come from other ppls decisions along with the evil force that lives on earth with us. it wasn't God... in his time everyone will get what they deserve.

• and if it were true, they know they are going to hell for the way they live.

Gods law is love while we have laws here that gives us rights. Gods law is to love him and others

• Possibly because of the horrendous acts of murder and cruelty that have been committed in the name of the god of the Abrahamic religions since day one.
    My favourite Jesus quote is: "By their actions, you will know them."
    He got that one right!

• The problem isn't the notion of god the problem is that in our world 'god' is attached to religion.

See 'god' is just a term used to describe a ultimate supreme source of power. Which we all know exists, whether its in the shape of a he/she or simply forces that we can't explain. I mean obviously. This shit didn't come from no where... right

The problem is religion. Imposing rules, telling us we can't, causing wars, and seperating the world like we are literally a different race

• i prayed for a Ferrari once but i never got it so now an an angry atheist.

• As the disclaimer says in my original post, if you're another disrespectful, condescending, belittling atheist who has no intention besides being nasty, then you will not be able to participate. I won't be putting up with any of that.

• They possibly feel failed by God. They may not understand how someone past the age of 10 could believe in such a story. (most likely the athiest here lol) I don't believe in God per se, but the philosophy if properly followed is awe inspiring.

• because lots of those who mention god, often use him to legitimate their outrageously douchy opinion. for example the ever so popular: "god hates fags".

• Because God's name is used to hurt others.

• I don't know. :( I'm an atheist but I'm generally not hostile about ANYTHING. Like, not even to cockroaches (despite how I hate them). I'm like a pacifist, but passively if you know what I mean.

• Did you just compare religious people to cockroaches?

• No, no, I'm just talking about hostility!!! I don't mind religious people, really!!!
      I'm just saying that even the things I really hate, I'm not openly hostile owards.

• *towards

• Why do you care what these infidels have to say

• Jeez lol I'm just curious as to why some people feel the way that they feel and respond the way they respond.

• What religion are you

• I am a Christian

• I don't know... i always found it funny too how people who dont believe in god get so animated about that topic...

why would you lose control and get mad over something that you think doesn't exist? lol

• Because they look at God as he should do everything right for them by them. Swlfish creatures in a nutshell. Thats not how God works. When something goes wrong in their life. They loose a friend or parent they blame him and hate him for it. Then they use that as an excuse to say he doesn't exist which is stupid.

What Girls Said 3

• I think a lot of people are angry at God. Even if they don't believe in him, he is someone to blame for their sorrows and hurt. Sometimes I feel angry at him but then I get to thinking, God is not the reason for my pain, usually I am the reason for my pain, making the choices I make. But I do understand why people feel this way towards him and I cannot judge them.

• Very eloquent answer.

God is not to blame for sorrows and pain. Because we have free will and humans tend to have wicked hearts naturally, yet some of us are too lazy or weak-minded to control our wicked hearts: there is going to be an overflow of pain and sorrow. It's sad, but it's true.

• People get defensive about their beliefs.

• Because they either have a skewed image of God, or they are too arrogant and ungrateful