Are fishing trips scary?

My friend's family invited me to a fishing trip far out in the ocean and I'm afraid of sinking, falling, or getting lost. (Really bad anxiety).

Most Helpful Guy

• Dunno, there are stories of fish eating legs : /. Some ocean fishes can sense your body heat, on rare situations they try to turn the boat... but, it will probably not happen.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not scary at all! Make sure you have a fishing license if you need one.

What Guys Said 16

• Mostly I find them boring -- I never got many fish... unless we get drunk. Then it's totally awesome. That should also cure some of the anxiety.

• Getting drunk doesn't help catch any fish though.

• It shouldn't be scary. But if you have bad anxiety then don't go. I've been deep sea fishing before. Didn't catch anything and neither did anyone else. Personally I'd rather walk the rivers in the mountains fishing for trout and just chilling.

• They canbe if you don't like water

• You'll have fun. Wear long sleeves and plenty of sunscreen and a hat

• Get over it and go fish. There is literally nothing to be afraid of... well except not having enough beer, that is the real tragedy, but since you are not of age, suck it up.

• It gets only uneasy when the catch starts to smell.

• Ocean waters are tough. Try fishing in a lake first. If you get motion sickness in a lake then dont attempt ocean.

• It really depends on how the weather is. It sucks if you're in a relatively small boat and there are lot of waves

• They're not scary if you're with experienced people

• no they are not dangerous. if they have done that more than once, they know how to do it safely , so dont worry

• Nope I like going fishing it's fun.

• There's about 5 jokes in this question 😂

• Only when the sharks show up :(

• Yes.

• You'll be fine. It's fun.,

• Be very careful. They might be white supremacists planning to chop you up for shark bait

What Girls Said 2

• They're soooo much fun! Very chill but a good time to vibe with friends.

• No our lord and savior cthulu always shows up. He pops up and yells "♤¥\€¤》°》\ #[";÷@*"♡○"
    aka surprise Muthafuka