Why do my cats insist on doing sprints in the hallway at 4:30AM everyday?

Every Morning at 4:30AM my two cats decide to do sprints in the hallway. We have wood floors and their claws hitting the floor are extremely loud. Srs.. it's 4:30AM precisely every morning. The both of them to seem to be having competitive races down the hallway every morning.
Then after 4-5 races they are done.. they will relax by the window seal

Srs. Wtf is going on bros. This happens every god damn morning and I never sleep because of it. They are outside during the day so they get enough exercise. The funny part is I can't intervene whatsoever. They will directly run into me if i get in their way.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol Awe! Cat's are so precious!

Cats get excited and hyper around that time. Usually because it's before the dawn and there is lots of activity outside. It's an instinctual thing, if they didn't live in the home, it would be the time that they would normally hunt. So they are psyched up for that. It's completely normal.

Maybe to counteract that, you should make sure they have lots of toys out so they can play and 'hunt' their toys.

Have places for them to climb too! Cat's love to be able to survey their surroundings and climb.

I would also think about putting down a carpet in the hall so their claws aren't clamoring on the floor. It might help lessen the noise. Good luck!

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 10

• I have had many a Cat who has done just That... It is their time of day when they get Their Piss and Vinegar here, dear. In other words, Being Nocturnal, at Dawn they find it fun to Fool around and be Energetic. It's like a Time Clock that goes off in their heads. My sister found it very annoying as she was trying to sleep.
    During the day, as they Lay, this is their Quiet time to Sleep as you Play all Day.
    Good luck and Great going, @Fearless_banana xx

• That's adorable.

They're just partying bruh leave em be, let them rage on.

cdn.someecards.com/.../...YWU0ZWQ3YjgzZWQ0Njc5.png

• Because cats are nocturnal assholes, lol. Can't offer any solutions as I've never owned a cat in my life.

• That's the same time my cat tends to wake up and runs around the house too. :D

• They're trying to motivate you to wake your ass up and get your sprints in.
    They want you to sprint with them.

• cats are nocturnal

• Your cats are adorable.

• Omg this is crazy
    But yes I have a cat and it's a real weird.
    He wakes me up everyday at 7 pm lol

• Hehehe that's funny, your cats seem to be pretty much the bosses, anyway cats tend to be more active during the night, and some cats have some weird routines, I've known a few cats that did crazy shit as a routine and there was no way of making them stop

What Guys Said 13

• Same here brother!!! How about meowing too just to hear themselves!!!

• domestic cats are crepuscular and are more active at before and durng dawn and just before dusk.
    Also even so, cats just like to play

• Welcome to the reality of who is actually the pet. You should be grateful they let you stay with them.

• They're on steroids.

• U have rats and mice in ur untidy house. Like look at that chair it's fucking facing the window and not the TV Lol

• Burmese?

if so- figures :)

• Cats are crazy :P

• cats drink expresso when you sleep.

• my cats do this too, nothing to do about it.

• Maybe they drunk votka.

• They're doing HIIT.

• I would guess that their insinct tells them it is time to hunt.

• Is this a condo or a villa you live in?