Has science proved that God doesn't exist?

• No
  • Yes

Most Helpful Guy

• Science is incapable of ever disproving God.

• And anyone who thinks different either has no real understanding of what science and/or God is.

• @jacquesvol you give me no choice.

• @jacquesvol you refuse to listen to reason, so it is done.

What Girls Said 11

• Nope. God is very much real.

• Link to a peer reviewed paper proving that, please :)

• Lol those atheists are so active in such forums.

• @ CHARismatic110
      No problem, of course. Keep your belief, I'll do without. :)

• No, science hides behind the notion that if I can't see it, then it doesn't exist, which is a child's reasoning.

• We can't see atoms with just our eyes but they exist.

• @ EllieLexis513
      I know the old folkloric legends about the Easter bunny, No historical origin. It's a legend, just like the Bible is a collection of legends. Some of the Bible legends are based on badly remembered facts, the rest was made up centuries later by men, to fit their beliefs.
      Some of these legends were just loaned from other old Middle East religions.
      Read what's probably the basis of Genesis: Enuma Elish - The Babylonian Epic of Creation http://www.ancient.eu/article/225/

Look at their pantheon:

upload.wikimedia.org/.../...mero-Akkadian_Gods.jpg

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...719745e8a0.jpg

Judaism clearly discarded almost all of them.
      Christians revived Tammuz , named him Jesus. (Adding other elements from Greek, Persian and Egyptian mythology.)

• After Alexander the Great reached India, Indians too reached East of the Mediterranean.
      References to Buddhist monks among the Essenes and even in Athens were found.
      www.mountainrunnerdoc.com/page/page/4634589.htm
      This explains some Buddhist elements in paleo Christian culture. https://www.google.com/#q=jesus+buddhists

• No.
    'God' is an unfalsifiable concept, thus it cannot be put through the rigour of scientific testing to be proven true or false.

• No but it hasn't proven that it does exist either.

• Science can't prove that

• No, because there's no way to test whether or not God exists in a scientific way.

• No but only because you cannot prove the absence of something. Science works on the principle of proving something is there. You cannot find proof of a negative.

• 1 - 3 = -2
      :P

• Ehhh? So you're saying numbers aren't reality? Do imaginary numbers not exist even if proven to exist? Are numbers not part of reality? Aren't numbers just by existing not a reality?

• @schnipdip There is a separation between matter and concept. Maths is a concept used to represent matter yet can also represent things not in matter.

• It hasn't proven he exist, nor has it proven he does not exist.

• Link me a peer reviewed article

• And this belongs in the sexual behavior category, of course.

• Science has yet to prove HE doesn't exist.

• just disprove the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
      Then I will use that method to disprove your god.

What Guys Said 26

• Not sure, but I think they are just as close to proving it as the flying spaghetti monster, though.

• @Mesonfielde

Thee, Sir, art a true Pastafarian, a true believer in His Noodliness The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/258ccwo.jpg
      I believe the Flying Spaghetti Monster created all of it, your gods and godesses included.
      Then some heretic priests came...

http://oi42.tinypic.com/se7hue.jpg

• @Miezko I think you're mixing me up with someone else on this train of thought

• No I'm not. You said atheist are only interested in religion when religious people start taking about their god. I said in my experience that is not true. Than you started your rant on the horrors in bible, which a) something I have no interest in discussing with you and b) completely irrelevant to my comment.

• If you take Stephen Hawkings theory that there are infinite parallel universes where everything is possible then that means God exists in at least one of them. Whether it's this one or not we don't know.

• Science doesn't answer philosophical questions.

• I really don't understand how someone can rely God existence on materialistic science

As if there's God equation formula
    Athiests just give up that facts and evidences , when it's not serving their cause

And far from questioning and doubting everything, they don't say we don't know , they deny God existence without even a proof

Treating evolution as an absolute fact is another fail

• Even evolution doesn't contradict God

• Watch this video, most of evolutionists just BELIEVE in it , regardless of how scientifically it's right or wrong , I'm not arguing evolution, I'm just showing you how evolutionists accepting it as a belief

https://youtu.be/fiJdfCiWo4I

• In the comments , everyone is being analytical and logical
      When I'm asked for proof , when I present it , this analytical and logical thinking disappear and I'm asked to give up questioning and doubting

• Science proves that organised (or exoteric) religion is man made or allegorical. Obviously the stories in the bible aren't literally true. It's also made sense of our physical world and helped us manipulate it, benefit us, to a great degree.

Outside of that, science or materialism has basically become our philosophy, or lens through which we view the world. In that regard, it has over stretched its bounds. It's no longer science in that regard.

• Has science proved that the Easter Bunny doesn't exist?
    Has religion proved that the Easter Bunny doesn't exist?

• I'm a scientist and from my studies I cannot definitively say without conclusive evidence of the antidotal space time continuum in the theory on an evolutionary basis for all reality to exist inside the Milky Way it must be somewhat a possibly plausibility for the causation of Baby Jesus.

• There has been a debate about this but I have often seeing references to quite famous scientists being very religious so there is room for both in our world, I feel.

• It isn't possible to (dis) prove a phenomena with just the noumena or natural reality as explained by logic and evidence...

That being said, it's a more wild claim to believe in a phenomena existing rather than the opposite.

• Science isn't that powerful to tell weather God exists or not , we can't know it by science, as God is a super natural that created all things and controls all.

• Science is not %100 able to prove it since God is not material

• No but it's disproven a lot of claims that were made by the same people who claimed God existed, and it hasn't exactly shown evidence of God, so in an ideal world people would be logical and conclude, yep he probably doesn't exist. But people are brainwashed with this stuff when they are kids so it's hard to blame them for their delusions.

• God exists, no doubt about it. Science can't prove He doesn't exist.

• Science has more important things to discover than to validate the truth behind age old fairy tales.

• A "god" (something that we don't even know what it is) was not identified by scientists yet. So, officially, there's not a proven creator.

• i'm an atheist but im a logical person

would God, if he exist, justify all this mess going on and never changing?
    my answer is - he either doesn't care, or he's watching and having a laugh
    so? fuck im. im my own god

• yea lol @ people believing in god

• Coming from an atheist, no. That is impossible. But your sky friend is just as likely to exist as a ten metre large invisible and intangible banana in the sky.

• No, you can't prove the inexistence of something, they'd rather have proved that you can't prove its existence

• We only understand a tiny part of what goes on around us.

• Nope

• god absolutely does exist... science will never be able to disprove god

• We don't need science to prove his existence. Logically he exists

• The complete lack of solid evidence for God's existence - Is a good enough evidence for me (the same goes for Mermaids, Satires, Griffins and other mythical creatures).

• We don't even know 10% of the science of the universe.

• The young generation are so arrogant in their thought. You are not smarter than the majority of humans on this earth or the ones that previously lived. Your personal understanding of science is laughable as most of you are clueless even on the vasics of science along with other subjects such as math, history or even basic geography. You are a joke and your thoughts are shallow echoes of ofther people since you are just simple bobble heads that are easily swayed.