Do you believe in a God? Why?

Yeah take your ideas off

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm agnostic there is no way to prove or disprove god. That is all.

Most Helpful Guy

• yes i do.. I've studied religion for a long time and still do and god absolutely does exist... our bodies and the world itself is far too complex to have been all by chance,, there's absolutely an intelligent design behind this all... plus, the life of the son of god (christ) is well documented even outside the bible..

also, there are many many prophecies that have been fulfilled that could not have been predicted by a mere human.. an example of a prophecy is the birth of christ (time and place).. the time and place of the birth of christ was prophesied by isiah 700 years earlier.. not a day earlier, 700 years!! there are many more prophecies though.. i just chose one

• I was a christian before I saw Jesus cannot be christ (Messiah) bro most of the prophecies are not fulfilled and in fact christians wrongly comment these prophecies.. For example isahiah never told that god will born ) I also have studied and finished a bible course

• lol only in the old testament huh? i see what you did there ;) you sound more jewish than antthing

• Of course only in the old testament lol what did you expect? Where did the messiah idea originate from? The Tanakh! Where do you read the prophecies? In the tanakh! So if there is something that the messiah will come to the world two times that must be mentioned in the main source of the messiah with other prophecies , you get it? If there is no such a thing in the old testament how can people who believe in the old testament believe it? Get it bro get it , for example you were a jewish at the time of jesus and you study your book afterall a man comes and says oh yeah im the messiah of your book (old testament) so you have to check this guy according to your book his everything sayings features because your book tells everything about that man...

What Girls Said 13

• i do. when i was little, it's because i was raised to. when i grew older, i wanted to challenge my faith to determine it's legitimacy, and I've found it to be legit so now i believe because i want to, and because i love it.

• Yes I believe in God I'm not gonna lie tho I've had my doubts before I've been through a lot there were times I wanted to give up there was always something that saved me that stopped me from doing what I was doing and I believe that was God. Even tho I'm a catholic I believe in God I'm not really religious, I don't believe in everything the Catholic Church says or do.

• Yes I do. Why?
    Because everything I have (life and what comes with it) I have been given and did nothing to earn it and is being/will be taken from me and I can do nothing to stop it.

It is so unfair to think that a tool, no matter how basic it is, has someone intelligent behind it that made it, and all this universe and life programmed to a level beyond what we can see or ever replicate (as the most intelligent and advanced species that we are) was self-created and self-improved.

So I chose to be grateful to my benefactor and think highly of Him instead of being ungrateful and arrogant.

• I don't, I have no reason to.

• Sum of my life experiences which led me to believe in the unexplainable + my interest in the physics of outer space, studies of international religious cultures which led me to God and Jesus, which led me to the best place I've ever been in my whole life despite the odds being stacked against me...

• I call myself an atheist, but it's more realistic and accurate to say that I am spiritually apathetic. I don't care if there is or is not an afterlife. I don't care if there is or is not an all powerful deity that will reward or punish me for my behaviour. It doesn't really matter. It won't even matter after I die, because I will be dead and there's nothing I will be able to do to change that.

• nahhhhhhhhh

• Yes, because I just do.
    Without that firm belief, I feel lost and hopeless.

• No I don't believe in God, because I just think the idea is untenable... It's like fairies at the bottom of the garden or ghosts.

• I'm working on it lol

• Yes.

• yeah ı do !

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 11

• I sure do because everything in nature is so perfect and unique. Even in our modern day times engineers are constantly looking at nature for answers. If you have played universe sandbox you have seen just how vast space is and how everything in the universe is perfect just for our galaxy to be perfect for our solar system to be perfect just so our earth can have life. That figure alone is in the hundreds of trillions to one let alone it having intelligent life which is a whole other number that a super computer needs to come up with.

• I don't but I respect people who have faith - I grew up a catholic but in my teens I had a philosophical debate about religion and my personal beliefs and I couldn't coincide the two so I left the catholic faith.

• No. First, it doesn't make sense to me, and a lot of the claims made by any religion does not coincide with the type of education that I received. Also, I don't like to limit myself and what I am capable of. I don't believe that there is a higher entity than us who created humans as we know of today. Humans are nothing but very intelligent animals with very complex social structures and extraordinary abilities that this planet has not seen before. We have evolved over time from ancient species to become what we are today, and we are still evolving. We are just inhabitants of this planet.

• There's no such thing as an atheist in a fox hole.

• i do. there and there are many reason, for 1: the universe. the theory of evolution is flawed in merely in in the name. everyone agree the universe was empty, so what role could evolution possible have in an empty universe?

• Because I don't

• nope, I have never seen anything that made me believe

• no i don´t, cause there is no manifestation in this world that gives me reason to do so.

• For the most part

• Nope. I believe in something but not some sort of divine entity you can pray to, that's just stupid.

• What exactly do you believe in?

• The idea that something can just be and doesn't need a beginning or an end or a creator.

• Sure but I think it's kinda every loving and amazing thing we encounter.