Do you care if your humour offends others?

Or just don't give a f, knowing it's their problem?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 24

• Majority of the time, nope.

I would care to offend: my 'elders' of my family, my SO's family, supervisors, etc.

• Some "jokes" are just way out of line. Racist-/ sexist-/ rape jokes and the like will never be funny or appropriate. I don't think I have an offensive humour in that sense & I hate everyone equally so I don't care all that much besides the usual "thinking before speaking" but if I notice someone else does I will point it out to them.

• i do care. i think it's inconsiderate and rude.

• Nope. But then again I don't really have an offensive sense of humour.

• Yes, I do. Because I don't like when people try to be funny and then they offend me.
    I find it disrespectful. So, I avoid doing the same.

• I get more laughs when no one wants to punch me in the face. :D

• I care more than I should. That applies to more than just my humor, too, hah.

• Nope. Not at all.

• I know my limit to my humors.
    However, there are some that gets offended over very little things.
    Then, I would just not joke with them at all.

• I don't know if my humour offends people, dislike if u've been offended by my jokes

• If they get offended they aren't worth worrying about.

• Kind of. I make sure to gauge the feelings and moods of other people in the room before I say anything that could spark controversy. Put myself in their shoes. If the coast is clear, I let it fire hehe

• Of course!! I care wayyyyyyyyy too much about people and their feelings. I know I can be a real asshole, but it's never with malicious intent (unless the person is evil :p ).

• I try just not to make fun of people insecurities. Besides that, I don't care that much, it's their problem if they got offended

• i'm no tosh lol. my sense of humor isn't the offensive, antagonistic sort.

• I don't like to offend others. If my humor offended someone it would just be because it is too sexual

• Yeah I care. I can still be pretty offensive but always try to make sure they know I don't mean it.

• it depends on who I'm around. I'm pretty good at censoring myself when around different age groups. so I guess I sorta care

• If I'm being honest... nope not at all.

• I Care

• Sure.

• Depends

• I do. Unless they're over sensitive and offended by everything, not just what people say "oh these butt hurt idiots" over to excuse their rudeness. I don't like to be rude and offend people for no reason other than I thought it was funny.

• Nope, dont care.

What Guys Said 38

• It really depends, if it's someone that I don't care about, then who cares, if it's someone I know or am becoming friends with I start slowely and eventually they start to laugh at anything.

I think you have to start showing them intelligent humour, something a little more creative and kind of happenstance, or on your feet. Turn the current situation into a little farce. Or make something up, a really stupid thing for people to laugh at but then it shows you are funny.

I was never able to do it with people when I was younger, but I'm a bit less shy now. Like if you have a friend that brings you out along with some friends of hers that you haven't met, say something weird like 'thanks for bringing me to the big city while I'm in (whatever country you live in) and see if your friend plays along or whatever. Whether she plays along or not you can keep making up stupid shit that makes girls laugh, and they will think you are funny, then after they know that you can joke you can bring in stuff that could be offensive, but always have a way out of the situation, like a cool off to get back to normal, or a way to reverse something that could be offensive and show them you really don't think in that offensive way

• On here not really. In real life, if they don't get it then i won't do it. My impression is that the Americans i interact with hate or don't get self-deprecating humor.

I called one of the lads a right cunt the other day (jokingly, as you do) and an American colleague told me i shouldn't be speaking to co-workers like that lmao...

• Only if those others are my friends or family. Anyone else can toke one out of their ass and leave for all I care.

• I would only use it if I was fairly sure other person could take it, if I had doubts I would hold back.

• Very much so, I want to be sure people are offended by my humor.

• Depends on what platform im in. Usually I don't but here on Gag I do since my dark humour jokes just get reported and minus points.

• Why did Adolf Hitler kill himself?
    He couldn't pay the gas bills anymore.

Did that offend you? Tough luck.

• Why would I care if someone can't take a joke?

• Honestly not really, maybe I just spent/spend to much time around old people but they don't care in fact they make racist jokes about each other among other things all the time. I have kind of just grown accustomed to that.

Besides people are pussies now a days, can't take a joke, no thick skin, you could look at someone wrong and they'd start crying probably, need safe spaces, ridiculous so saying that humor could seriously offend someone now a days isn't saying much.

That being said my humor isn't offensive my type of humor is cynical and it's deadpan humor. With my kind of humor you'll be to busy guessing whether or not I'm being serious or joking, old people get my humor but not younger folks so who knows they might get offended *Shrugs* but that's just life, get over it.

• I'm super self conscious about that, so I'm never myself around other people. It's why I don't like being very social.

• No bexause I can end like any of em in like 2 secs if they don't find it funny just for fun of it lmaoo

• It's fucking humour. Deal with it.
    I don't intentionally offend people but fuck me people are easy to offend these days.

• Every joke has a victim. Someone will think your an asshole, and others will think you are hilarious... That's just how the game works.

• Don't care if it offends them kindly leave I can't joke around cause most get butt hurt or complain I'm to serious. Well f you lol

• I don't even try to offend so If someone gets offended I see it as their problem and not mine.

• I care because I would probably be fired if I offended people with jokes.

• Absolutely I try and keep its clean for everyone to enjoy.

• Nope. Their problem.

• yeah i do care

• Definitely preferable when it offends others

• not at all

• I care.

• I don't care but it's a problem because a lot of girls have been unmatching with me on Bumble.

• Yes I care of course there's respect and decency

• Nah brah.

• no man, it sometimes even enjoys when i see how pissed off they are over a trivial joke.

• not at all

• I don't give a fuck.

It saddens me that most people are retarded and either miss the joke or take it seriously.

• No fucks given here!

• Naa idgaf

• More from Guys
    8