Do you believe that there was a prehistoric civilization that we don't know about?

Do you believe that there was a prehistoric civilization that we don't know about?

• No
    7% (1)17% (3)12% (4)Vote
  • Yes, a pre industrial one before Egypt and Sumeria (5000 years ago) but after the implement of agriculture (14,000 years ago)
    20% (3)17% (3)18% (6)Vote
  • Yes, a post industrial one before Egypt and Sumeria (5000 years ago) but after the implement of agriculture (14,000 years ago)
    0% (0)11% (2)6% (2)Vote
  • Yes, a pre industrial one before the earliest known implementation (14,000 years ago)
    20% (3)6% (1)12% (4)Vote
  • Yes, a post industrial one before the earliest known implementation (14,000 years ago)
    7% (1)11% (2)9% (3)Vote
  • Other (please explain)
    20% (3)6% (1)12% (4)Vote
  • Unsure
    26% (4)32% (6)31% (10)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0
6|15

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe that since time can wash away a whole civilization.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well time can wash away a great many things, but that's not a reason to believe that something actually did happen.

• Show All
    • Yeah but they think if Atlantis exists then they would have lived on the island Santorini, Greece.

• Thank you for mhg. :)

What Guys Said 15

• How would you know whether there was another ancient culture that we don't know about? That is like asking me to name some of the things I've forgotten.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm a bit rusty on this but I think I read somewhere they have found ruins up to 80 000 years old that suggest civilizations with trade, farming, mining etc.. The problem is that at that age even the stone has all pretty much crumbled to ruins. Researching anything about civilization older than about 5 000 years seems to be very difficult.

Pre/Post industrial? who knows, either is possible, humans have been capable of that level of development for at least a few hundred thousand years, (million+ years?) so it's likely there have been civilizations develop, collapse, and vanish.

So yeah.. I'm think it's almost a certainty but pre/post industrial I have no idea.

0|0
    0|0
    • could you provide links?

• It's been a while since I was into reading about this stuff and I can't even remember the names of most the stuff unfortunately but I do recall a couple things, hope this helps a little.

This first one is Adams Calendar, it's a huge area with thousands of stone structures about 75 000 years old. Sounds like had farming and may have been mining gold in the area 200 000 years ago.
      www.ancient-origins.net/.../adam-s-calendar-oldest-megalithic-site-world-003160

Graham Hancock has got some interesting information in his books/documentaries but his web page is REALLY BAD! it looks like some kind of new age religion web page for some reason.
      https://grahamhancock.com/tellingerm1/

There is more I'm just really struggling to remember the specifics, sorry.

• Nope. Not in the sense of some advanced civilization a thousand years ahead of others. Just dirt farmers, shepards and hunters.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah why not.

0|0
    0|0
  • If we don't know about it, how would we know?

0|0
    0|0
  • considering that the majority of human history was before written language probablty

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I think Atlantis existed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • i really do believe that.. and i also believe that there are some even TODAY that we dont know about

1|0
    0|0
    • what do you mean?

• Show All
    • yeah me too, the whole world isn't connected like we think. many rural people that we dont know about.

• @chintita agreed..

• Yea probably very many of them

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you have any links OP I'm interested (SRS)

0|0
    0|0
  • What's with you and the history questions?

0|0
    0|0
  • If so they obvious were not as advanced as ours because if they were, where's all there stuff?

At our level of industrialization, globalization and commercial development it would be impossible to completely hide our civilization even thousands of years after it collapsed.

0|0
    0|0
  • There's 25 000 year old cave paintings so yes

0|0
    0|0

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5

• There are probably many prehistoric civilizations we will never know about or continue to know very little about.

0|0
    0|0
  • i think there were likely many.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I think it's possible. There are some many things about human history that we don't know about.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, other.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've no doubt there are civilizations we dont know about.

0|0
    0|0