What exactly is Ghosting?

I mean seriously I'm kinda confused

Most Helpful Guy

• Ghosting:

The act of suddenly ceasing all communication with someone the subject is dating, but no longer wishes to date. This is done in hopes that the ghostee will just "get the hint" and leave the subject alone, as opposed to the subject simply telling them he/she is no longer interested. Ghosting is not specific to a certain gender and is closely related to the subject's maturity and communication skills. Many attempt to justify ghosting as a way to cease dating the ghostee without hurting their feelings, but it in fact proves the subject is thinking more of themselves, as ghosting often creates more confusion for the ghostee than if the subject kindly stated how he/she feels.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ghosting is when you're too much of a passive coward to be straightforward and explain that you're just not feeling the person or situation so you stop talking to them and fall off the face of the Earth, hoping that they read your mind.

What Guys Said 4

• it's when you seize all contact w/ someone you had consistent communication without explanation.

• no idea. is it like radio silence between U boats of WWII?

• It's something I like to do because I'm a coward.

• when you just randomly stop contacting a person without letting them know.. its extremely immature and hurtful

What Girls Said 13

• When they disappear without a word and stop returning phone calls and text messages, etc.

In some cases they may show back up later in your life but for the most part it's when someone is too much of a coward to tell you that they're just not interested anymore so they cease contact without warning.

• in a social media sense it's kinda like stalking, as i interpret it. u know them, but u dont talk to them... u just kinda float around their life to see what's going on.

in a prank sense lol, we 'ghost' people by walking right up behind them and imitating their walk for as long as we can until that person turns around and we try not to look suspicious.

• Ghosting is stopping all communication with someone and never giving an explanation why. It's really not the right thing to do. Sadly, people do it ALL the time. My mom has told me a horror story in which her friend's partner went to a different city to "work" then moved in with a new woman and decided to ghost his first girlfriend.

• I consider it as fading away slowly= end of contact

• You stop contacting someone suddenly and completely. The person you stop talking to has no idea what has happened to you and why you stopped talking to him or her.

• you just disappear on a person, no explanation.

• It's when someone you talk to suddenly disappears. Without an explanation.

• To disappear on someone? No Idea

• When the guy you've been dating stops talking to you without direct reason

• When you text someone frequently and pretend you care about them and then after a while you just stop replying or ignoring them or blocking them. Ghost as in they never see you or hear from you again.

• completely stop talking to someone without warning.

• Not a clue...

• Oh my gah your cat in the pic... Can I hasssss? 😍😍😍