What's the weirdest or scariest dream you've ever had?

Last night, I had this really weird dream that I was doing some work on my house, when suddenly, the foundation shifted for no reason, then I went inside and... got attacked by a velociraptor!

I woke up screaming! And I haven't even watched Jurassic Park in years.

What was the weirdest or scariest dream you've ever had?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been having a recurring nightmare where Chucky (the doll from Child's Play) follows my family around and is basically out to murder us. Every single time I have this dream it's the same too. Chucky follows us, we run a lot, somehow my family splits up during his chasing us and I and up with my dad and two of my siblings while my mom is off somewhere with my other sibling and grandma, my dad stops to buy a wedding ring, we keep running away but Chucky is always tailing us, we eventually and up in space and reunite with my mom and the others then I think it's over but I look out the spaceship window and Chucky's in his own rocket peering through the glass pane with his bloody knife.

• That sounds like a plot for a movie.

• A very terrible plot LMAO not sure why it's always this dream in this sequence of events but I've gotten it memorized now.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had this dream two or three times, but I haven't had it for a few years:

-Big creepy dark house that I'm lost in
    -Weird spidery man randomly popping up places, kinda like Slenderman fucked Jack Skellington, but I don't think slenderman was a thing back when I had these dreams, and I never actually watched The Nightmare Before Christmas.

It was just creepy.

Not that bad overall though, compared to some dreams other people have.

What Girls Said 12

• I think the most terrified i ever felt while dreaming was during one of my many tweth falling out dreams.

But I've had so many crazy dreams. Post apocalyptic, zombies, sharks, ghosts. Etc

Often times i dream about houses, mazes, getting lost, or trapped somewhere, or stuck on an infinite loop.

I would say your dream represents feeling like or idenity or appearance is under construction. And you're currently struggling with a problem in you life that has a wait of a dinasour.

• I rarely ever dream, and so, when I do, I know that I will remember it. The scariest and most fascinating dream was when I was dreaming that I was dreaming, so I thought that I would never wake up from the eternity of uncertainty in my state of unconsciousness. I am still wondering if I ever am really awake, or if the life that I am living is just a part of a dream. I had just finished reading 'A Grand History of Time' by Stephen Hawking (great book) that night though, so I wonder if that had sparked my inner psychological turmoil.

• I am not sure about scariest, though I have woken up crying in the middle night a couple of times in the past few months. Those must not have been good dreams, haha. As far as weirdest dreams go, I had one with my friend and I being chased by aliens in outer space. We went through all different types of terrains and saw many different aliens, big and small.

• The one I had when I woke up this morning. A girl I knew back in high school took a bunch of girls (from the same school) captured them, tortured them and left them in different locations. I was the one who had to find them all. I was looking up at this big pin board and photos of the location and the girls. It was awful to wake up from 😞

• Many actually, almost 20 years ago (still remember it vividly) I saw a dream where there was a wedding or some special event with many people gathered and we kids were playing around. We enter a room and in the middle of the room there is a bed like place, covered all in a white sheet. It was visible that someone was lying there. We uncovered the sheet to see who that was and we saw a human skeleton burning in flames...
    I still have no idea what triggered that nightmare...

Then the most frequent ones are with snakes. Either see roads covered with chopped snakes or see myself falling in a river of snakes and the like...

Thank God, it's been a while since my last nightmare...

• You should look into dreamology! I have a few books on it and it can really help you try to figure out what your subconscious is trying to tell you!

When I started my new job at a hospital I had a ton of dreams about being kidnapped, especially on a boat (I have a huge fear of water). They would wake me up crying but now I know it means I was feeling held back and couldn't express myself - I have to wear a tacky vest, take out my nose ring and cover 2 tattoos. It sounds silly but those are a part of who I am and I felt really censored because of it.
    The boats signify a desire for freedom and adventure.

• Last night I had a zombie dream though that wasn't scary or freaked me out.

The one that freaked me out was with these dudes that turned their own bodies into bombs. When they set it off their while body exploded and it was just gross and fucking creepy.

• I had a dream about me killing myself. Not a suicide, but another me, an evil counterpart killing me.

Like in The One.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfofgw8UWn4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHTDW2PG7ck

• I am always some kind of superhero in my dreams and almost all of these dreams are somehow scary. So hard to pick one of them. I usually remember good dreams not bad ones.

• I constantly dream of houses, both beautiful and totally dilapidated.

I am told that these houses are how I see myself.

• I once had a dream that everyone in my family died. I think it was because it was a few days after I found out my grandmother died. This happened about three years ago.

• I hardly ever dream and when I do, I have difficulty remembering them. This one I remember because it was the first nightmare I had in a very long time. I dreamed that someone attempted to rape me and when I told my dream family, they told me to brush it off. That's all I remember. But I do I know something happened afterwards. After a while, I woke up screaming and clutching onto my blankets. It freaked me out so much it took me a few hours to adjust myself.

What Guys Said 14

• I've never had a nightmare before that I could remember and, sadly, I have never woken up in the night due to a nightmare. However, the closest thing I've had to one is about a few months ago. I remember laying in my bed in my room. At this point, I'm not 100% sure if it's a dream or if I'm awake but there was a black shadow standing to my left side and another at the foot of my bed. They were the size of people and humanoid-shaped. I was feeling an overwhelming sense of dread and I tried to move but could not. I thought to myself "This must be sleep paralysis" which I remember reading about so I began to count. "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven..." and, when I was right about to say "eight", the figure to my left said "eight" in a deep, almost-demonic voice. At that point, I blacked out.

I guess I could consider that my scariest dream despite it not being that scary.

• I can't say which was scariest since the experience was along time ago. Although there was once this nightmare that I had when I was a kid which was quite scary and disturbing when I woke up from it.

When doctors said I got diagnosed with this severe type of disease like cancer or something where I had to go through this serious surgical operation and have both my arms to be cut off or taken away. The aftermath was the suffering i endured when my life was ruined and only had a very short time to live life like only a few years. The process of not being able do the things I wanted anymore and everyone staring at me like a freak because I was disabled with no arms. What I remembered was playing in this garden with all these other kids and all I noticed was that I were the kid with no arms who had only a few years left. Many people mocked my disability or poked fun of me because of my deformities and even though I felt like i wanted to die because of the suffering, I still was afraid that my time was going to come to an end soon and had to make best.

It was more of the emotional experience rather than what it was but yeah its was fucked up and felt so real. Probably the scariest dream I had so to speak, reasons why I remember it quite well.

• Well, I do have one dream and more than it being scariest, it's more weird rather. It's hard to explain

• A strange nightmare I had as a child, but still remember quite clearly...

It starts in a big cave-like room with a door. (The kind you see in buildings.) Next to the door was the Devil. He explains that the door leads to Heaven, and that I can open the door if I used a key he held. Satan tosses the key into a small pit in the middle of the room. As I rush to it, keys that look just like it quickly fall from the ceiling just above it without end!

I keep rushing keys to the door to see if I found the right one, but always failed. (It was beyond finding a needle in a hay stack. More like finding a needle in a needle stack!) The room got to the point where it was flooding with keys!

... Then I woke up.

• this dream where i was in the mountains and i went in this cave and there were weird things written on the walls and as i went deeper in there was a door with stairs going down and demonesque living being sitting there and planning evil shit, they saw me and i had to fight them off and then the dream stopped. scariest shit ever.

• O Jurassic Park how I must watch you lol.

O gosh I know I've had so many weird dreams lol, I even had a vision of sorts once.

• Once I dreamed that I was abducted by aliens. When I woke up most of the day was gone and my arse was bleeding

• my scaries dream was when my mother and father died... the scariest thing about it is, that this is actually going to happen inevitably :/i dread the day it will happen...

• i had nightmares a lot of times and they were soo scary that i wake up in the middle of my sleep by screaming very loudly

• It was like dawn of the dead, you know a zombie apocalypse, but instead of zombies they were midgets. They got me too. Unfortunately that's also when I woke up, I always wonder what would of happened. Would I just die or turn into a midget?

• I had a dream that my dick was falling off. I desperately tried to put it back and keep it from falling but nothing helped and the damn thing just slowly detached completely. Needless to say, that was a very scary dream.

• I had a dream that I was being stomped by a HUGE cyllendrical rock powered by a piston. It was coming down...
    And one more, I was sick and I just woke up, still dreaming, and I started seeing demons around me, blood, it was like hell, they were coming... and then I want to my mom and said "they are coming, they are coming"

• I raped myself in a dream once. I don't know how that worked.

• I keep having this recurring type of dream where this one dude, a long time friend (in the dream only, I don't actually know him), chases me around and tries kidnapping me so he can steal my organs
    And I mean at every turn he tries it. He tries paying people to kidnap me, he tries negotiating with me and then trying to take me, he tries putting me to sleep, he tries killing me himself
    And I always get away but I'm always running my entire life because I escaped once from the operating table
    And this dream has been recurring almost like a movie in parts. It's not every night, but once in a while it continues where it left off. What do you think it means?

I have also has this dream that ended as a night terror. I was following someone and checking out a house when I entered a white room. The person continued down the next dark corridor without me while I stayed in the white room. I was drawn to it. There was something in the corner that called me in and wouldn't let me leave. I saw this dark cloud start forming in the bottom of the corner and slowly rise above me and the room turned cold (I mean I FELT that shit dude!) and it started to float down towards me and engulf me. I saw a dark, hooded figure appearing out of the cloud. It was like a dementor from Harry Potter or a wealth of some sort. I saw its bony hands reaching for me and it came at me really fast and that's when I woke up screaming "Go away, get away, go away" for about 15 seconds or so. I had that dream in a hotel room. My parents heard it too but they just laughed when I told them about it. That dream scares me shitless to this very day, which is why I remember it so well. Any interpretations for this?