Are stripping and getting a sugar daddy bad ways to pay for school?

Yes, this is a real question. The fact that I'm even asking is terrible. I have one job now and I'm going to pick up another job now that I've picked my school schedule. I've taken all the loans I can but I'm still short a lot of money. Financial aid only gave me so much. My mom doesn't want to help but I'm not mad about that, it's my educstion, not hers. It's just frustrating she can take out a bigger loan than me. I'm going on a 10 month payment plan and I'll need about $1500 each month. I'm not sure if both of my jobs are going to be able to cover that, considering minimum wage is 10.50. I've applied for many outside scholarships but getting one of those would be a miracle and I don't have time to wait for one.

Aside from stripping and finding a sugar daddy I don't know what else to do.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think there is a difference between people who do this because they know no better, and those that are legitimately trying to improve their lives and are using their assets to get it. I have no problem as long you stay legal and safe. Using your body to make money is not different then using your mind is some regards. You are still using what was given to you. If you can one day be living the life you want and have no regrets of how you got there, then all the power to you!

Most Helpful Girl

• Um... depends on what you mean by 'bad'.

Is it respectable? No, probably not. Also, if you're going to strip, you have to think about the career you want. With all the technology out there, social media, and apps, it's really easy for people to film you and put it on the net and then have you identified. Most strippers need some type of name or stage name and if someone you know recognizes you, then it's over.

But as far as the money goes, I heard as long as you look the part, stripping is easy money if you don't mind guys touching you, stopping you in the parking lot, club fights, and what have you. Sugar daddies might expect sex whenever they ask for it. Sugar daddies are kinda like a legal form of prostitution. So whatever floats your boat I guess.

Where do you live the minimum wage is $10.50? It's $8.10 here.

What Guys Said 19

• "The fact that I'm even asking is terrible." You know the answer to your question, don't you?

• I don't have any other options so I have to start considering other possibilities.

• Those are possible options; you can just provide company without sex. Some men are willing to give you money for your time

• "... Aside from stripping and finding a sugar daddy I don't know what else to do."

This is crap. I personally wouldn't think less of you, you're reasons are justified. It's not your fault higher education costs are out of control.

I just laugh to my self when people my age and older wonder "why don't you just work through college and avoid having debt?". I think most Americans genuinely don't understand how expensive College can be.

What's your Major btw?

• It will seriously limit you choice of guys in the future. I would not give you even one date if I knew what had been going on. Once you have gone down this road, you can't turn back.

• Those are just as bad as selling drugs. Have some dignity. At least selling drugs would make more money.

• Phone or Cam Sex would be better than stripping

I used to be a stripper at College and it was a lurid world

• I have had jobs that are soul sucking and demeaning at times, knowing they will lead to better things.

It comes down to personal choice. I imagine there are girls that strip that just see it as harmless fun and others that want to get the money and get out as quickly as possible.

Whatever you choose, make sure you do it safely. Which pretty much rules out the sugar daddy idea.

• Try the open university that should be cheaper $12k a term sounds way way too much it shouldn't cost anything like that much unless maybe if your doing medicine?

• You can not go to school and pay off your debt and go to school when you can afford to do it. But I know that it's easier to spread your legs than to work a full time job and sacrifice for the future.

• Lmao rentagents baby

• Do it up! Sugar daddy it up and strip too. Perhaps make a casting porn video it pays well

• Being a high class escort is better and safer. Depends on your country too.

• Not at all. Better than student loan debt!

• One word, yes

• What is "sugar daddy". Dont go stripping, thats so low...

• I give him companionship, he gives me money. A higher form of prostitution I guess LOL

• Thats even lower than Stripping. Oh dear lord.

• Hey do you girl. Nothing bad. Just no prostitution. You're better than that.

• Are you even hot in the first place?

• how old are you?
    and dont have a sugardaddy please
    he will use you:(

• i think doing cyber sex is more safe and highly paid

What Girls Said 14

• Yes it is. Because if you get involved with the wrong people and you owe them money, you know how that will end. My close friend went to an Allied Heath school and found out many girls are doing what your doing, and a lot of them are single mothers around your age. And from what I found it, many did not get jobs and still have to pay back whatever loans they took out. Which is close to $10,000 for 9 months worth of schooling, testing, books and certification.

• It's taboo and not socially acceptable, but are the people looking down on you and saying mean things going to help you out with those student loans and living expenses? I don't think so.

It's bad in an abstract pseudo moral way - what's really bad is if you want to get a good college education but you can't afford it. Personally, I'm not judging you negatively for it. *shrugs*

• I've had an older men offer to buy me a car and rent me an apartment, but I couldn't do it because I wasn't attracted to the guy. If I was into him, I would gladly take what he offered. Just the thought of letting a guy I wasn't attracted to get his dick in me... ugh.

It's a bit skeevy, but sometimes you have no choice, I guess.

• If you can find a guy you like who doesn't mind paying for you then go for it. Just dont do anything that you feel is degrading, unsafe, or that you dont want to do.

• what?

Fill out the FAFSA and get a REAL student loan. You don't start paying it back until 6 months AFTER you graduate.

• I did. I took out both the subsidized and unsubsidized. I received the Pell Grant and a grant from the school. It's still not enough.

• @sedrftvgyhujik Ohh okay. We have something else called "open campus" that I thought you were referring to. It lets anyone take classes at a university, even if you're not enrolled, but I think it is still pretty expensive. We have online universities too, but if you're a science or engineering major and have to take in person labs I'm guessing that wouldn't work. Also, those schools generally aren't as good or notable here, I think.

• It's cheaper than UK universities so if it's the same in the states It could be cheaper.
      Basicly they have lower running costs.
      In an ideal world If you could just get the syllabus and booked for the exams tuition could be much much cheaper than it is in the US or the UK now.

• Just from serving 3 nights a week I make 1800 dollars a month... Find a serving job at a high end restaurant.

• People will look down on you for it, but I think that there aren't always other options. Not everyone is lucky enough to have a rich relative that is willing to help them pay for their schooling.

• I'm sorry you have to go through this.
    Escorting is maybe better than stripping?

• Not at all those who are telling you it's bad are jealous because they can't pay like that. That's how I'm getting through Ucla and that's how I plan to get through med school

• yeah its bad

• Fuck no, its fun hahaha

• It's whatever. I don't care about your morality scale as long as you're not hurting anyone in the process. If you can do that without feeling like shit, then kudos to you. Your life, your choices.

• Sister, I've thought about that myself. I've got a 2 yr old and am going through a horrid divorce. I've got a hair lisence but chemicals make me really sick so I can't do colors and perms any more. I've got to go back to school and I don't have the money. My parents are poor and can't help me. So i too have seriously thought about doing these awful things too.

• Stripping is a legitimate job! It takes dancing skills and people skills. And I hear it's good money. If I had a good body, I'd definitely consider it.

Getting a sugar daddy is different. Prostitution is *technically* illegal (well, in my country at least), and having actual sex comes with plenty of risks. But if you find a guy you trust - to not short you on your paycheck, to get STD tested, etc - then go for it. If you feel okay about having sex for money, it's an option.