What are the DNC leaks about?

Can someone let an non-US guy know what they are and how they may affect the Presidential race?

0|0
5|11

Most Helpful Girl

• I won't go too much into it because I am not a Democrat, therefore I'm completely too biased to give you my true feelings. But the leaks show various corrupt acts executed by important individuals in the DNC to manipulate things in order for Mrs Clinton to win the nomination for president.
    If proven to be true, it could sway the public to support a different nominee for president. To me, it illustrates exactly what Donald Trump was railing against within his own party. Corruption and manipulation to keep things as unfair and corrupt as they already are.

3|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The emails show:

1. The leaders of the Democratic Party, which is also the party of current President Obama, wanted Hillary Clinton to beat Bernie Sanders for the party's nomination when they theoretically should have been impartial. The party leader suggested "dirt" for Clinton to use against Sanders.

2. The Clinton campaign, with the knowledge of Democratic Party leadership, paid individuals to support Hillary and bash Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders on social media.

3. The Democratic Party leadership colluded with the national media, telling them what information to run and when, and whether to be hard or easy on guests or other public figures in order to make Hillary Clinton look good and Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders look bad. Significant members of the national media revealed themselves to be complicit by acknowledging the Democratic leadership's requests.

4. The Democratic Party leadership colluded with the national media to support protests at Donald Trump rallies. They filled out the protests with their own interns to make them look bigger.

5. Despite the Democratic Party being a party that tries to portray itself as inclusive of all demographic, the emails reveal derogatory language about minorities and gays.

Those are the major things I am aware of. Obviously conspiring to elect a candidate when you are supposed to be impartial doesn't speak well for the Democratic Party's respect for the democratic process. It also put Bernie Sanders in a position where he chose to publicly support Hillary Clinton, even knowing the party conspired against him, angering many of his supporters. Also, many people already feel the media is biased or bought, and the collusion evident in the emails is only going to enhance that perception.

As a minor point, national security is a major issue for Americans, and the fact that the Democratic Party's email could be hacked, makes them look weak on that front.

The overarching issue is simply that a very large number of people do not trust Hillary Clinton and the system she is a part of, and just over three months away from the election the emails reinforce the belief that they are right not to do so.

2|2
    0|1
    • Did the Democrats start a smear campaign against Sanders the way GOP pundits do since two or three years?

• GOP pundits are smearing Sanders as well as Hillary.

What Girls Said 4

• Interesting how the males explain while half the females are like, "do it yourself"

0|1
    0|0
  • They don't have google in your country?

1|2
    0|1
  • Julian Assange the founder of wikileaks "leaked" emails from the DNC now these emails contain information that the DNC basically rigged the democratic primaries in favor of Hillary Clinton. The DNC is suppose to be fair and help both canidates Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders but they tried in their power to get Hillary to win the primaries. This upsets sanders supports because they have been saying it's rigged but the media kept saying he's just upset because he's losing and no they haven't and these emails prove bernie sanders and his supporters were right and if he had a fair primary he could of won the primaries and be the nominee for the presidential election instead of her.

0|1
    0|0
  • Google is your friend.

1|2
    0|1

What Guys Said 10

• Basically the DNC conspired with the media and others to undermine Bernie Sanders' campaign.

It also revealed some racist undertones, like calling Hispanic outreach "taco bowl engagement" and some less than flattering remarks about homosexuals.

It showed the true colors of the Democrats.

2|2
    0|0
  • I will try and be absolutely fair about this. The ruling body of the Democratic party is supposed to be neutral during the election of its nominee. Bernie Sanders have felt that the committee favoured Hillary Clinton - The emails prove this to be true.
    The emails were leaked at a time to inflict damage on the uneasy alliance between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton. The chairperson of the body has resigned and I expect more to follow. Those are the facts as I see them.

0|1
    0|0
  • www.cnn.com/.../
    The mails were leaked by Wikileaks at a crucial moment.
    They clearly show the DNC preferred their own candidate over outsider Sanders.
    Sanders' supporters took it worse than Sanders himself.
    There was a similar hack in the RNC servers but *nothing* was leaked.

WHO hacked?
    WHY did they hack and leak at a crucial moment?
    WHO profits from it?
    Answer these questions and you have it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't care and doesn't surprise me at the very least. If anyone is surprised, they are extremely naive... Most of America. Both sides do it. The GOP wanted to and tried to do the same against trump. They did not support him. But they couldn't do anything about it. People who clown me on why I don't follow either side and not voting for either is partially for this reason. 2 sides to the same shit. Until there is a stem and party reform and citizens from this country get there shit together, this will be the tip of the iceberg

0|0
    0|0
  • Basically it reveals how Clinton rigged the DNC to her favor and conspired against Bernie Sanders all along.

1|1
    0|0
  • Many emails involving Democratic National Convention chairwoman Debby Wasserman Schultz which showed bias toward the Clinton campaign were leaked. This proved what most Bernie Sanders supporters were saying all along: Clinton was given an unfair advantage throughout the primaries which helped her win multiple states and eventually the nomination of the Democratic Party. It is argued, and quite justly, that if these benefits were not given to Clinton, Sanders had a really good chance of winning out. These leaks happened right before the start of the Democratic Convention where they officially name the nominnee and it caused Wasserman Schultz to step down/be fired.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol you all think votes matter

0|1
    1|0
  • It's about Hilary's sex tape.

0|0
    0|0
  • russia hacked into the dnc's emails because they have a political motive. putin hates hillary for personal reasons and likes dictator trump's plan to weaken nato.

www.nbcnews.com/.../why-experts-think-russia-hacked-dnc-emails-n616486

0|0
    0|0
  • A little background here. The Republican and Democratic Parties have these primaries (eventually conventions) so party members can vote for which candidate will represent their party's in the main election.

Political parties like the two above are considered "Private organizations". Meaning the can make up the rules when ever. Trump faced a some of this BS early in the primaries. He was pretty vocal about it.

The DNC never wanted Bernie Sanders as their candidate despite his popularity. These emails show that and how they colluded against him. Is what happen'd illegal? probably not as the DNC is a private organization. Is it fair? fuck no, they totally fucked Bernie over.

Bernie has made a difference though. I doubt this will be the last we hear of him. I personally don't agree that political parties are completely private. I see them as a "public utility" of sorts.

0|1
    0|0