Why is it that the opposite sex finds you most attractive when you are attached? Is it the appeal of 'forbidden fruit'?

Most Helpful Guy

• To some it is the taboo nature of it.
    To others it is the challenge (this breaks into 2 parts which are the fun from the seduction game and the ego boost gained from conquering the challenge)

What Girls Said 1

• They find me most attractive when THEY'RE attached unfortunately. 😢

What Guys Said 2

• I think it might just be "confidence". The peak of it is just not wanting any girl. That somehow seems to draw girls when I least want a girl. I imagine that might be the appeal of gay guys to some women. Some girls, at least, really seem to really like guys who don't want a girl. Maybe they just stand out in that regard to all the guys in line wanting them.

• I would love to know as well, I have never understood this. Speaking for myself, if I know a girl I'm attracted to is taken, I pretty much mark her off as completely off limits. Does this mean I don't find her attractive anymore? No, but it does mean that I won't look at her quite the same way, I'm not the guy who believes that she would be so much better off with me. If she is happy, then I will leave her to stay happy. Additionally why is it that girls seem to find me more attractive when I feel I look my worst, unshaven, possibly dirty from working, sweaty from working out, tired? What's up with all that?