Do you think religion takes a big portion of the main cause of the conflicts throughout history?

• Religion is the cause of the conficts.
  • No. It's not religion it's the people.
  • Religion is a part of the problem but not the main one.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know about throughout history but in today's world, I can't think of one military conflict that doesn't have religion at it's core.

What Girls Said 3

• Um no. Before christianity and Muslims we had the romans and greeka whom in their own right where the biggest terrorist in human history. They killed , raped more people than any religion. they even killed the Christians until the saw a political use for it. This is why school should teach all history and the conplete version.

• I think in ages WAY before modern history, it's different from how things run now. If you look at the middle eastern world with all it's ongoing conflicts, you'll notice that you'll somehow go back to the same point, different religious views that Muslims are still fighting for today. I don't think we need religion in the modern world because we grew out of it. It's old and can't cope with the modern world and when it does, shit like ISIS happens. If you take a look at Saudi Arabia, they still behead people as a form of execution, women aren't allowed to drive... On the contrary because the west freed themselves from religion they are not similar. Religion controls the mind in an unthinkable way, people blow themselves up thinking they'd go to heaven, imagine what kind of mentality it has formed.

• Then you should oppose political ideologies...
      Next who cares if I am religious. My mom and father are extremely religious so to insult them by saying they live in a delusion is an acrimonious stipulation, and an insult against my upbringing. I have my honours in biochemistry, and I am currently in medicine. Do I sound like I am 'uneducated?' The answer is nope. Next, the origin of life is flawed. No one can replicate how we believe the first micelle came to be, and when we attempt to replicate it in the lab it just blows up in our face. Yet we still cling to the idea that life originated by a combination of phospholipids coming together to form the first micelle as though it is true. There are flaws in every ideology, including science, but for some reason people who believe in god are somehow seen as idiots.

• @howzit2015 You're not insulting them, that's your view. Show respect for theirs. it's just your own view that's going against theirs no insult is inserted. If that's the reason why you're religious, then you're not an independent thinker. Choose what you see is right, whether you become religious or not, think and choose independently.
      They're not idiots, this is just non sense because both atheists and theists have zero evidence to support their case. But atheists choose the lack of evidence as a sign that no god or no knowledge of god exists. Because theists have faith, meaning believing in something with no actual evidence to support it, they're seen as unintelligent because then there's the argument that they didn't use logical thinking. It's more complicated than that. I don't view them as unintelligent as there are plenty of scientists who identify themselves with religion. "I am currently in medicine" Well man, you know your path in life then. Good luck!

• Abso-fucking-lutely.

• Religion makes people very passionate and opposing passions can lead to conflict.

What Guys Said 9

• Religion throughout history has misled, threatened, brainwashed the young, convinced the weak minded to kill, assumes it has all the answers, etc etc. It's certainly responsible for many atrocities. Still causes problems today. Which is why I'm anti-religion.

• EXACTLY!

• We don't need it in our modern world at all!

• A majority of conflicts are over resources (money, land, oil, precious metals and stones, or people) that are masked by using the guise of religious motivations. The Romans, Greeks, persians, Syrian Empire, Egyptian empire, Spanish empire, British Empire, and the Dutch all went places to kill people to either enslave them, to take their resources, or both. They then usually left their religion and language behind.

• a lot of these empires also allowed for the people who lived under the rule of the empire to continue practicing their beliefs and religion. They were allowed to do this as long as they paid tribute, and donated men to be soldiers for the empire. The only time religions or cultures were wiped from existence is when they created huge amounts of trouble for the empire, and simply didn't go submit like the other people they had conquered. Or they submitted then rebelled, and killed the roman citizens that resided in the city the romans had conquered.

• religion has often been used as a medium to start wars over yes.

• It's a threat. I don't care whether people use it as an excuse or not, it's used as a tool and that's enough to make it a lethal tool against humanity.

• I went C - It is a big issue but I feel that religion is being used as an excuse by many twisted people.

• Do you think it matters? Now I'm not agreeing with you here that it's "being used as an excuse", but does it matter? think of it this way, if more and more people are having a misconception regarding a certain religion, and this misconception is leading them to murder people, why not think twice about religion?

• The cause of most major conflicts are limited resources.

• P. S. it's easy to condemn something when you only look at the cons.

• P. S. S. competing animals often go to war over resources, yet best to our knowledge they have no notion of religion.

• Religion is a good excuse. A powerful tool like nuclear weapons.

• Religion or not people will always find reasons to hurt and kill one another

• I think that each motivation is obvious. Let's break them down:
      1-Power
      2-Land
      3-Money
      4-Relgious reasons
      Power and land? I think Saddam tried it. We're way over this. Kind of at least. It's different form age old conflicts for seeking power.
      Money? I think that we can agree that if you have no money you'd be too broke to go to war for money in today's world it's not easy.

• Religion and money are the main causes

• More people were killed in religious wars than any other just for not believing in the same as someone elses

• But western countries are over this shit. They were able to separate religion from it's power source let's say. Unlike Muslims in the middle east, it doesn't control society anymore.

• Yes that's true, I was talking more about the past 1,000 or more years in Europe and the Middle East, but yes the west is not like that anymore