Do you wish you were born in another country? why?

tell me where you from

Most Helpful Guy

• Overall I'm pretty fine where I am. For me, the most important thing about a country (when it comes to growing up there, going to school and spending your whole life there) is life quality and standard of living. I could live in almost every country of the world if it was for just 2-3 years. In fact, I have already gone away from my family twice in my life to live in two different countries (USA for 2 years and South Korea for 1 year). So, if it's for a temporary period of time, I'm very open-minded.
    However, when it comes to spending the vast majority of my life in a country (including finding a job, having children etc. etc.), I'm very picky. The only other countries I would be willing to spend the rest of my life in are countries that either have the same or even a slightly higher standard of living as Switzerland does. Considering that Switzerland is already number 3 world wide according to the UN's Human Development Index, that doesn't leave me a lot of choices. Number 2 world wide is Iceland, number one is Norway. Iceland would probably be a little too cold and dark for my taste but Norway sounds great. Finland, Sweden, Denmark and possibly New Zealand also sound like good places to settle down permanently.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

What Guys Said 28

• Canadians seem more my kind of people. Seem less egoistic, friendlier and nicer than British people. Then again, I'm sure Canada has lots of arseholes too

@This_is_my_username (nice one)

• Yes because the U. S. has gone to shit. There are so many ignorant and lazy people here and all the government does is waste money and screw things up

• I totally agree. I'm from France. But now I'm stuck in America it totally sucks. People are much more ignorant here than they were in France.

• M Indian and wouldn't trade it for anything. Just love the rich history, culture, religion, tradition and everything else. So, answer is nope.

• Nope, but sometimes I wish I was born on another planet, like Krypton or Mars or even the saian planet.

• Irish, love my nation

• England, I love their culture

• Nah its cool here, even there are terrorists everywhere and exploding theirselves lol.

• Well egypt is terrible , would love to move to Canada or australia

• na otherwise id lose my sexy English accent, u mad

• Not really, I like the United States. :-D

• Wish i was born in UK or a country in Scandinavia

• Nope I like it here in the US.

• Nope, I love where I am

• sometimes i wish i was not born in this tiny country.

• No. I never want to live anywhere other than the United States of America.

• Germany and nope I like it here

• Are you another whiney ass ' I hate the USA' titty baby?

And, No I don't.

• i'm fine where i was born and where i live

• Mars

• Turkey

• Never. The US is the best nation in the planet and everyone knows it.

• seeing as how im half italian and half russian, i often think of what it would have been like to actually have been born in either. im also jewish so i also often wonder what it would have been like to be born in israel. but honestly, living in america, despites its problems, is a good thing. hell, we're really the only country that survived both wars, since we weren't really bombed

• I wonder too if I was born in Italy or Portugal and I am happy that I wasn't

• my dad wanted to see where he is from

• oh, cool

• I use to wish I was born in the US but looking at it now I'm happy I wasn't.

• anywhere except america.. america is a dump

• No I'm fine in my country

• I like where i was born.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 16

• I was born in the Middle East and I wouldn't want to have it any other way.
    I love my life, nationality and culture.

• Sometimes, because of economic reasons...

• Maybe United States. Because today, it is the most powerful country in the world. Just as modern Roman Empire. Having American passport makes your life easier :)

Another options are Greece and Italy. Cause I am from Turkey and I am used to Mediterranean culture. Because of Roman history Italy seems nice. And because of our common ottoman history Greece makes me feel home.

• I belong to bikini bottom.⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓🍍🍍🍍🍍

• Nah USA is #1 so nice over here esp in LA

• Yes, this country is too promiscuous to me.

• Nah, I don't think so.

• Nope France is awesome

• no way. considering everything that's going on, i am moderately safe where i am. i know that won't last long, but still.

• Nope, I like the country that I was born in; Bangladesh

• I wish I'd been born in the US, but now I'm a dual citizen so it doesn't really matter...

• Nooo I love America.

• I was born in a different country.

• Im greek and even tho it's kinda hard to live her now i wouldn't leave and. I dont wish i was born in another country i love mine and im proud of it :)

• yeah
    in japan
    because they obey rules

• good people obey rules, all countries have good people. all countries have bad people too

1 private opinion(s)