Why so stressed about double standards?

Alright so there is gonna be a storm about this but honestly I think men and women all around need to accept that men and women aren't the same and have their own perfect qualities. Also we need to be willing to do the dirty work as women. And can't be getting mad at the opposite sex because we want some "power" which no one really has.

Most Helpful Guy

• Although it is true that both genders are not the same and never will be, and some double standards are a give of course, that doesn't change the fact that many today are simply unfounded for or just out of date. Sure, women shouldn't be expected to lift objects as heavy as men do, that is unarguable, in my opinion.
    But... what about, say, paying for dates? Many women now earn as much, if not even outearn many men. In fact, young adult females earn more than their male counterparts - this changes in later years only. So why are men still expected to pay for everything at that age group if they actually earn less? This is a double standard that just doesn't apply to modern days any more.
    Or another case for women this time - used to be that women were not allowed to work. That is not the case anymore, but there still exists the mentality that women can't do a job simply because they're female. Logic dictates that you at the very least let a person try it before you decide whether they're good enough, but in many fields women simply are not given the chance to gain entry, while men are - even if some men might somehow be less qualified that some women who wanted to join. That is also a double standard that just has no place in society today.

"Sure, women shouldn't be expected to lift objects as heavy as men do, that is unarguable, in my opinion." – but then again, this should depend on the variables at play in my opinion; if the woman is physically stronger than the man, I don't think he should be made to carry it anyway just because of his gender, y'know?

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree. The male and female are completely different. But it depends on what the situation is.

Like, I know some people who say it's a double standard when guys can show off their chest but women can't.
    The way I see this is that men baring their chests is nothing. They don't have boobs of flesh like we women do, which includes perky nipples. A lot more vulgar than what a man has.

If I was to post a picture of a woman baring her breasts then I am probably going to get reported.

It's just that we are a lot more physical than men and there are some things that they can do that we can't. And sometimes it is the other way around.

Like I said, it depends on the situation.

• I totally agree. I honestly want to ask a woman what would
      She gain from walking down the street shirt and braless. And it's just history and in our DNA to be different.

What Guys Said 15

• i2.kym-cdn.com/.../efd.jpg

Did you, by chance, have this in mind?

• Females are able to breastfeed and give birth, and they have periods.

Otherwise we're pretty much the same, lol. Or more-so, we really aren't. Nobody is the same. So unless my testicles have something to do with it, it's weird to claim I'm this or that and I should do this or that because I have testicles. It makes zero logical sense.

• my mom once said to me i had to carry something that weighed a lot because it was a mans job and she should not be doing that. thats a double standard for you right there and it is simply redicolous and i dont understand how this can exist in an advanced society

• I agree they're not the same, but women have awesome things that men don't have.

1. They enjoy sex more + they can get more orgasms.
    2. They don't have to worry about the facts of life (well, only a little).
    3. They don't have to go to war.
    4. Even at the time of neanderthals women always stayed in the caves taking care of their babies while men had to go to find food and hunt, and many of them got hunted with wild animals or froze to death.
    5. Women can walk with heels.
    6. They have the ability to cook and watch TV and talk with the phone at the same time.
    7. Studies show that women can be stronger than men when they are angry as hell.

• I agree with you. I say it openly to anyone who asks, which results in being called a sexist.

What made you realize that equality was a lie?

• Because of idjits

• Very just and logical of you. I tip my hat.

• Omg this is literally so true!

• How so? I'm curious as to what you actually think, sorry I don't do vague statements lmao.

• Sounds like you have it figured out to me. I agree with all you said.
    Good job.

• i love the smell of reverse sexism in the morning

• I don't believe this. We are equal. I can do anything that a woman can do.

• Can you.. Get pregnant and have a baby?

• @CupcakeQueen2000 I know. But pretty much everything that either gender can do which the other can't, males and females, they can only do with the aid of the other gender. Even the Amazons of ancient myth still needed men, and kept them around as slaves on a neighbouring island. Men and women need each other, and can't live without each other. As such, we're effectively equals, two pillars holding up the stands of civilization. Without either, civilization collapses. And if the two pillars' roles shift closer together until they're fighting over the same spot, contesting to destroy one another and become the sole pillar with absolute dominance over society, then civilization will become unstable, teeter and fall. Who care about which pillar, the male or female one, may be taller, thicker, more intricate, has more artistic merit or is sculpted from richer material? They're both just as important regardless.

• @SinghSong I understand that completely. That's why I hate it so much when each gender hates on each other. We need each other, why can't people get that through their brain.
      by the way are you saying all this because you think that I believe women are worth more than men? Because I don't, I believe that we are equal. Equality should be having the same respect for both genders, not all this other junk feminist are saying.
      This guy just said that he can do anything a woman can. The answer is no, no you cannot. There are some things men are meant to do and some things women are, that doesn't mean we aren't equal.

• Preeeach

• Lmao AND THEY ALL SAID.. Well... I don't know because they may get offended haha

• This is going to be fun.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 6

• It honestly sounds like you do not understand this issue and all the small pieces that go into it.

• Ok so if you do enlighten me please

• I'm sorry if I'm inarticulate right now

• No it's okay. I got your jist :)

Honestly I don't know your mom's situation so I can't say specificly for her but older generations have a lot of two sides coins. On one side men are supposed to pay because of historic disparities in incomes and to show that they can support the woman while on the flip side women are supposed to be able to cook and clean so they can provide for the man.

That's obviously not as big an issue anymore so that's why you see so many people talking about how to pay for dates and what proper etiquette is now.

• I don't see what's wrong with making men and women as equal as we can be? There's only a few gentilia and hormone related differences between us

• cuz they're fucking annoying

• Girl. No. If you have use of your hands and feet, you can do housework. You can change the baby. Your genitalia does not excuse you.

• Exactly because that's what women do best and we are great mothers

• Girl. No. If there is a man eating the food, and sleeping in the bed, and sitting his ass on the couch and leaving a sweat print, then he can clean up.

• Lmao oh okay I see what you're saying sorry. Yeah. Whatever we all need to chill and be hard workers

• I love the "Men should pay for womens periods " thing. It's quite hilarious. Quite frankly it will never ever truly be equal, but I'm assuming we'll get close so shit I can't complain

• It won't ever be equal we all know the ugly truth but I don't know some women just make really crappy arguments. And it's like, we have some damn good qualities that make us women and sure we can do whatever a man can do in terms of performance but also some of it isn't meant for us

• Unless it's reproducing, I think either sex can do whatever they want. I don't really care what others do unless it's hurting someone

• Also we need to be willing to do the dirty work as women." What do you mean?