How do you feel about people who litter?

Discarding their trash on the ground or bushes or whatever. how do you feel about that?

• Pisses me off
  • annoys me
  • I don't care

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I fucking hate them,
    They are polluting because they are too lazy to carry their trash to a trash can

What Girls Said 19

• I think very few people actually litter. Most people who do litter are people with impaired judgment ie. younger teenagers or drunk people. The only time you ever see trash around here in noticeable amounts is after the 12th, a holiday here where certain people watch marching bands and drink, like, from morning til night. It's typical to drink on the street on that day. So after this there is litter, but the rest of the year there is no litter, the connection is clear :P

Probably the biggest source of litter is birds, and wind :P

As far as THE ENVIORNMENT, which I am sure almost every other answer is brought up, litter was never a serious enviornmental concern. It doesn't harm the enviornment in the sense that its Killing the World. The enviornment that is being harmed is the visual enviornment - its ugly. But the planet is not differed by its presence. The planet really doesn't care one way or the other if there is a lot of plastic chip bags and tin cans floating along its surface.

Here is whats hurting the planet:

darkroom.baltimoresun.com/.../...tty-516710784.jpg

Well, thats a cliché - its not *just* factories, its also *agriculture* (by and far the dominant cause of droughts, by the way, and *famine* - Capital has a sense of humour - along with enormous water pollution), and shit like transport and construction (which are subsidiary industries to industrial production and agriculture, after all)

The point is: enormous transnational industry monopolies are plunging the world into total collapse, not your neighbour who is careless with his chocolate bar wrappers.

"I don't care" is the only acceptable answer to any poll that does not feature the option "none of the above"

It will be brought up against me - the wildlife! who get stuck in those little plastic wire things that hold cans. Or in cans. Or whatever. This is true, and its awful. But two things are important to note about this: one, it is a microcosm of the macrocosm of monopoly world-eating. Many more animals are caught in the nets of industrial fishing trawlers, many more suffocate in industrial oil slicks, many more have their enviornments destroyed by industrial deforestation, many more are hunted for industrial commodity trade (ie ivory, fur)... Second of all: it is perfectly possible to design products in such a way that they are not trecherous when discarded. Industry is the one pumping out products that are lethal to animals. Antagonize the structure!

• I never throw my trash out of my car or onto the streets. And the worst offenders are smokers: littering every where with nasty cig butts. Yuck. We all need to care more about our cities and towns. I think that US cities are the dirtiest, heard it somewhere. And I'm sure it's correct. I want to shove the trash down the persons throat when I see littering.

• Really pisses me off. I instantly lose most of my respect for them because it shows they are narcissistic assholes.
    I've rejected a guy because I saw him litter lol

I refuse to date a person who lacks empathy for mother nature.

• It pisses me off that people are so simple minded, they don't realize they are slowly killing our planet out of sheer laziness and disrespect. Then they complain about climate change and shit like that lol. "Oh no it's still hot even though it's winter", I wonder why lol.

• It completely pisses me off. It's so annoying. How hard is it to get off your duff and place things in the bin where they belong? Food like banana peels or apple cores are whatever because they decompose and are naturally suppose to decompose so if I see that on the side of the road, I'm not going to care. But the plastic, papers, fast good containers, and garbage annoy the shit out of me.

• I'm disgusted by people who litter. It shows a lack of respect for everyone and everything. I'm equally disgusted by the people who voted they don't care.

• Not cool. Not cool at all.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...5d1d1b46d4.jpg
    Littering is basically borderline animal cruelty.

• I totally called it on those little plastic net things. I don't think they make them anymore, honestly, I haven't seen one in years. Of course I agree with your answer, but I also think it has limits that are damaging if not acknowledged - put another way, focusing on individual litterers here and there and not world-destroying Capital is borderline animal cruelty.

• It annoys me usually. However, it really ticks me off when there's a trashcan RIGHT. THERE.

• I get mad at that... all the time. And, ironically, it's mostly old people who don't give a damn...

• I hate it. Especially when smokers just treat the beaches like their own personal ash trays. Cigarette butts are everywhere whenever I go to beach cleanups and they are toxic to!

• It annoys me.

• Tbh, I am yet to see people do this.

• Littering is disgusting and just shows general disrespect for the environment.

• They annoy me

• Worse than animals. Pigs don't shit where they sleep.

• It totally pisses me off, and there I shall leave it before my blood pressure explodes.

• I just have one question: Why?

• I don't get angry, but it annoys me.

• BURN EM ALLLLLLLL

nah it's just really unattractive and selfish

What Guys Said 18

• Death penalty!

• Cheap mentality and it's very disgusting.

• I don't put much thought into it. I come from a place where people burn their garbage, and poor their sewage into streams. These probably causes more damage to our world than throwing an empty chip bag on the ground ever will. So in the grand scheme of things they are not the largest problem caused by our societies, but they still are a contributing factor.

• They really piss me off.

• Doesn't piss me off but I don't respect them either.

• Trashy as hell

• It ain't bueno. It is in fact very not bueno.

• A menace to society

• It's hatefull. Lack of education.

• i would make em eat it off the ground

• It just annoys me a little bit.

• Want a superpower that can get litter fell right in place and that can slap those asses who litter.

• i really dont care. it will get where in needs to be eventually.

• pisses me off

• I vote c

• They're awesome. Gives job to cleaners

• its funny

• Only one kind of person will do that, the pure undereducated scum.

• this is code for "the poor", who are the implicit target of anti-litter campaigns. It is nice to see it laid bare. This is more or less the only reason I gave an ambivalent answer. Industrial tycoons who are killing the planet spent *a lot* of money to convince lay people that its poor people who are killing the planet, with all their littering and toilet-flushing and using plastic bags - and not they themselves, and their enormous unsustainable industry. You are helping the enviornment when you shop with us, unlike those poor people who can't afford to.