I'm ugly and nobody lets me forget it?

I'm in my late 20s and even now I'm told I'm ugly. Was an ugly duckling at school fizzy red hair and thick glasses. Grew up in an area and was ridiculed for it and still am today. I'm always getting ugly shouted at me in the street and I'm so aware of my looks that I've shied away from interacting with other people. Growing up I was bullied non stop even away from school kids in the street would make fun of me, they'd throw stuff at my house and we were forced to move out.
I've got a child and I've had nasty comments directed at her purely because of who I am, things like that baby's ugly and whispering things and that hurts me more than names being called at me. Why are they going after my baby? I can take it I know no different but my little baby who hasn't done anyone any harm and is beautiful doesn't deserve to be called names.
I just wish I was normal looking, not goodlooking but average then I'd be left alone.
no self esteem and can't fight back against these people as it's take one on take them all on mentality.
will I ever be accepted for how I look?

Most Helpful Guy

• What is important is to disrespect others a bit. Many people have emotional IQs not much above kindergarten so when these people say "You're ugly!" remember that what they are really doing is akin to a kindergartner saying "You're a big poopyhead!"

That said, you work on being the best person you can be AS JUDGED BY YOU - NOT OTHERS. You will then develop a sense of self-worth and happiness that no one can take from you. The key to happiness is to know yourself. (Shakespeare: To thine own self, be true.)

Keep in mind also that outer beauty is both subjective and temporary...

Here are 3 videos:
    This first one is a hit song from 1960 telling it like it is...
    https://youtu.be/z4TOR7856d4

This is a classic episode of The Twilight Zone whose title is an absolute truism about the world as Rod Serling tells us in the end.
    archive.org/details/TwilightzoneEyeofthebeholder

Finally, here is a classic cult 1973 ABC TV movie black comedy written by Joan Rivers, "The Girl Most Likely to", which you will appreciate...
    https://youtu.be/jjgiQqJNTkM

Most Helpful Girl

• Well. Someone found you attractive enough to impregnate you. So that's something.

What Guys Said 11

• wow this is shocking and sad. neither you nor your daughter should have to deal with that stuff

perhaps you need a change of scenery. like moving to a different place with fewer intolerant people. i know moving is never fun especially if you've established a life but you shouldn't have to experience that treatment and your daughter definitely shouldn't have to experience that

• You can change place. American always choose opposite of local viewpoint about beauty.
    So I guess there are placed for you

• saying it to you is bad enough, saying it to your baby is fucked up. I cried internally when i read this.

• Wow that sucks lifes a bitch just get over it.

• What... do... you... look... like? -.-
    Show us a pic >.>

• People can be mean sometimes. If you truly do have red hair, just so you know I find most girls with red very attractive. If you message me a picture, I could tell you how pretty you are

• I would wanna see you to say something from text hard to tell

• Ignore them

• I understand I have been told that to it hurts if you
    Wish to talk about it more pm me.

• Pics please?

• Buy goat
    Goat beat up mean Bully

What Girls Said 3

• If I were you, I'd be filing charges for harassment.

• Wow those people suck! Im really sorry for you :(
    Maybe just try not to care at all what other people think about you? And I'm sure not everybody thinks you're ugly..
    If they call you/your baby names just say something mean back :p

• Sometimes life sucks, and what you chose to do with what your given is up to you. You got to have sex and have a baby at least, you can focus on that positive. Some of us will never have sex or have children.