Revenge solves nothing true or false?

Most Helpful Guy

• True. You might temporarily feel better but depending on how bad the revenge is you've committed, chances are you will eventually look back at it in a regretful way and think "wow, I was quite an idiot there too".

Most Helpful Girl

• I think revenge tends to leave the whole world blind with that whole and eye for an eye thing.

I'll tell you, a few years back, we started an innocent office prank war also known primatively as a form of revenge as the idea is to out prank the next person... well, it was fun at first and then things escalated quickly, and then it was like, why are we doing this, it's getting ugly and not fun, and no one is winning if people are feeling crappy about it. Kind of like revenge. Might feel good at first, but soon enough it eats at you and then you have to live in some constant fear of repercussions and other people seeking to get revenge back at you.

What Guys Said 20

• True. The problem with revenge is that it usually doesn't work the exact way you planned it, or if it worked it just simply didn't have the effect you wished it had. All that time and effort you invest in revenge, you can invest in something else which will actually enrich you.

Not saying it doesn't feel good to see someone who hurt you badly, and purposely, getting what they deserve.

• Revenge is sweet but not the right thing to do. Not something I would act on, I would want to leave such negativity and move on with my life.

• This can not be a blanket statement. Most of the time it solves nothing. Sometimes it can. If the person who's the target of the revenge has any capacity for regret and learning by eating their own medicine, then revenge can be worth it. But a lot of the time, people who will experience revenge on themselves will just return the favor and the cycle may never end.

• Revenge makes me feel a hell of a lot better. - lol
    Usually, I will wait for the person to become the victim of their own dishonourable actions. Karma usually catches up with people.
    Other times, I will wait for an opportunity to be handed to me on a plate.

• It can but usually doesn't

• yes, since it can spiral. eople aren't always rational, and that's why there is lots of conflict in the world.

• Studies have shown revenge makes you feel worse in the long run.

• Not for me.
      Watching those who have wronged me burn gives me an orgasmic level of schadenfreude. If I have hasten the onset of the karmic fire, I will.

• I say... it depends... My question is "Is it worth it"

• True, it solves your boredom.

• False. I can think of a situation where it does.

• It can solve a lot.

• False , revenge is sweet

• I like goats
    Revenge on him for bite me

• revenge solves everything.

• False, it makes me feel gooood. They'll never ever do whatever it is to me again.

• False it always does

• Revenge is a fallacy of the mind.

It sounds appealing in theory but in reality it's a shallow and hollow sense of justice.

• True , you might feel better after but it's short lived and can create more problems later

What Girls Said 3

• An eye for an eye makes the world blind.

• I love revenge, but it also makes you feel like shit. Not a solid choice. I now believe in reaping and sowing. I don't have to bite their ass

• true!