Who is to blame for her death (video)?

What a terrible chain reaction:

Most Helpful Girl

• Each of them is guilty.
    The woman for not being careful while crossing.
    The car driver for driving in front of a truck and not leaving enough space.
    The truck driver for driving fast while the ground is wet.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know what the traffic laws there or the setup at that intersection. I can't see any lights or signs that indicate the pedestrian has the right of way. It's quite possible the cars on the left played a role in that they shouldn't have stopped for her to begin with (notice the truck on the right drive right through, heedless of any pedestrians).

Ultimately, if the woman displays a better sense of awareness and doesn't step into the road, she almost definitely lives, so she's responsible for her own death.

However, the truck driver is being irresponsible regardless of anything else, for driving too fast, too close to the car in front of him given the conditions. There are many other scenarios, not involving the pedestrian, where the car might have to stop and the truck causes an accident. If the truck driver wasn't being irresponsible, the woman lives, regardless of her own stupidity.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 7

• The pedestrian is at fault for her own death. Just because you push the button, or walk in designated crossing paths doesn't mean it is safe to cross. She started to cross the road also before traffic was stopped. Look, cars are still moving towards her when she starts to cross. We all need to take some responsibility for our actions and be aware of our surroundings. The roads were wet and looks like a high speed traffic area. You need to have situation awareness and realize the roads are slippery. You need to make sure traffic is stopped and that no large out of control semi-trucks are sliding sideways towards you! Have an eye people!

• Don't cross the road until you see everything is stopped and it's safe to do so. I've watched cars skid through intersections in front of me because I kept looking both ways as I crossed and avoided stepping into their path.

The pedestrian could have survived if she'd waited, but the cause of the accident was the truck driver who was travelling too quickly to safely stop in time. It's a badly designed crossing - if the speed limit is that high, there should be lights or something else to warn traffic that someone intends to cross.

• Truck driver 100%, too fast too close. The woman is crossing a pedestrian crossing and the cars have stopped to let her (which i assume is the law there)

• Blame Trump, Allah, Muslims and feminists.

• That poor woman,
    I would say that it was an accident.
    May she find peace

• Wow it's like watching Final Destination. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time...

• Looks like the trucker