From an American Cultural viewpoint- how will the Cubs potentially winning the World Series challenge it? Gone will be the 'loveable losers'?

Most Helpful Guy

• You want to talk about a curse -_- then talk to me about the fricken Kansas City Chiefs now that's a cursed team we haven't won the super bowl in close to 50 years. We even got one of the best coaches in the NLF and a all star team. And we were so, so, so close to making it but we were tied and the calves the damn calves literally had a miracle and got a touch down that shouldn't have been possible 1 second before the timer ended and won -_-...

And half the time we don't even make it to the super bowl ugh but I love em anyway, they're our beloved team even if they don't win... like ever.

But we really are cursed some Indian Chief actually put a curse on our team lol.

• yeah, Chiefs have a solid team. Well except for one part... It starts with an A and ends with a Smith lol. He's a head case man. His time at SF really fucked him up.

• @MrAtticusLebowski Lol yeah, still holding out hope that someday... someday.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 10

• If they had won last year, Back to the Future II would have gotten at least one thing right about 2015 , man we didn't even get Pepsi Perfect, let alone hoverboards, at least we would have had *something* if the Cubbies won.

That being said, baseball's kinda irrelevant today, like actual, physical, comic books. Yeah, it's all American and a diehard fan base exists, but the diehards are dying and making fewer converts, be it your baseball or my Batman, while the marketers make a killing on other products like jerseys, hats, movies, toys, etc as the source material slips gently into that dark night.

• I see them for sure winning the NL Pennant. Dodgers don't have a time table on Kershaw and they're struggling. Giants are Struggling to it seems.

I think the "loveable' losers" tag will always stay with them. They know how to handle a loss with dignity. Well, unless you happen to snatch a questionable foul ball. Then you're life is in danger apperently.

Honestly this Padres fan is rooting for them to win the WS.

• For the fans of the side they must despise "The lovable losers" tag - They want to win so much they can go the games and chant "Everyone hates us and we don't care", believe me that is every fan's dream - Take it from a Man Utd fan there used to be a time when we won things and if Utd were on the TV the bar would be divided into Utd fans and "ABUs" (Anyone But United) but who minded we were winning. If you are loved in sport, you are doing something wrong - As Roy Keane said "If I am playing an away match and not booed every time I touch the ball, I am not doing my job".

• Aston Villa fan here :(

• And I thought I was having it tough - You have to get back up quick or you could do a Leeds.

• Manure should have gave Moyes more time, like they did with Fergie back in the day

yes, it is not a good fan to be a Villa fan

• Honestly I don't like sports so it wouldn't change jack

• Then you have the Maple Leafs, who aren't even lovable.

• ah yes. the friendly confines. personally, i hope they dont. But if boston can do it (down 3-0 to the yankees even), the cubbies can too.

• They're still losers if they're no longer loveable.

• I really want the Cubs to lose.

• love to see the Tribe win

• I just say that because I'm a Lions fan, and no matter how bad they are, there's a team that has it worse.

• If the cubs won, it would be like my cavs winning the nba championship back in early June this year--glorious

• haha sorry i have no clue what you just said.