Am I the only one that thinks who ever likes shooting defenseless animals are real cowards?

Even if you don't agree I will always agree

Most Helpful Guy

• No lol I hunt and fish and I'm hardly a coward and I do it for the right reasons, same reasons humans have been hunting and fishing since the dawn of time.

Hunters and fishermen hunt and fish because it's a useful life skill and needed for basic survival, and it's a great way to feed your family or make clothes or blankets if your into that ( because they are very warm ). Especially for those that live in the Alaskan wilderness, as you can't exactly go to the supermarket and get some vegetables in a frozen tundra/forest in wolf country.

And going by your logic men and women for the past several thousand years have been nothing but cowards for shooting, stabbing, trapping and catching animals.

And actually hunting is very dangerous, you ever come face to face with a bear before? or a enraged moose or a pack of wolves, hunting can be incredibly dangerous and animals are hardly defenseless, animals have been killing and hunting humans since our creation on this earth. Firearms are in reality the only thing that gives us an advantage over animals, otherwise the predators of the earth even the herbivores are faster, stronger, more agile, and have more powerful senses, then humans.

If want to hunt I'll hunt regardless of what idiots like you think. Also FYI what does it make you when you eat defenseless vegetables, did you know that plants are actually alive but can actually feel as well communicate with one another and have defense mechanisms agaisnt predators like plant eating insects and even us.

• O and I'll add that wild game meat is actually one of the healthiest things you can eat and is much healthier then vegetables and store bought meat by a huge margin and you don't even need a lot of it to get full.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on why they're shooting the animals, no? Is the animal a pest that has been relocated several times and is a danger to the public? Are they intending to eat those animals? I think that is probably the most humane way to obtain meat, so I don't think that it's cowardly. Trophy hunters? Fuck those guys. They should be sodomized with a fucking hot poker.

What Guys Said 13

• It's terrible if somebody killed them just for the sake of killing them, or killed them for trophies, or to get their skin or was it fur? And I heard about ivory and elephants being killed and similarly another case with rhinos.

But if somebody was starving and they had to hunt for food in the wild such as if they are stranded and lost there then I suppose it's only due to the circumstances and the situation.

• How about just going out to hunt for food, if you aren't stranded?

• @Thisperson98

That all depends where you are currently located. I suppose you aren't living near anywhere that you can always conveniently buy meat locally. You just do what you have to do to survive. If you need to hunt for food in order to put food on the table then so be it.

In general, when ever it is convenient, people would just buy their meat because it's all packaged prepped, although processed as well.

• Killing for the sake of killing is a pretty despicable act. Hunting for food is acceptable and definitely not cowardly.

• There's no need these days for killing of any animal or human. I despise hunting as a so-called sport.

• Hunting is fun

• Nowadays yes, hunting is stupid in this day in age.

• dont know if coward is the right word... as a veggie and animal rights activist i could think of several better words but thats a whole other thread

• "Even if you don't agree I will always agree" lol

• I don't know that coward fits but I don't like killing anything.

• me too. what a fucking joke

• People hunt for food all the time here.

• I disagree with you, and even if you agree i will always disagree

• A fair number of vegetarians, and a few hypocrits agree with you.

• No, you're not unique. Almost eveyone thinks that

What Girls Said 10

• I never agree with blanket statements like this. There are so many factors that could play into a situation and you're just discounting them all.

• I don't know if coward is the right term. What are they afraid of? I would say it's disgusting and completely unnecessary.

• It creeps me out when people hunt, I just think they have to be a little off to get dressed up like that and to shoot bambi while he's taking a drink from a stream.

Unless they live in a rural area and do it strictly for food, then it's slightly less creepy lol

• I agree with you. I don't see how someone can have fun by shooting animals or even people.

• You probably aren't, there's so many people that think it's cruel

• No. I agree with you 100% on that.

• I agree with you

• Yes, it is completely stupid since meat is so easily attained now

• Yes I agree 100%

• I have no problem with it if its for substance.