Why can't American police be more like British Police?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not American but when I've lived in the US for 4 years now and I have never had a bad experience with police. Some police officers have given me a ride home when I was stuck, offered to change my tires. They were polite and helpful.
    I have no complaints with American police.

Most Helpful Guy

• you are kidding, right? A LOT of American police are the same way!! They go to schools, and talk to kids about being safe, and strangers, they are at community events, some do food drives!!
    Why do poeple just focus on the ones that make a bad choice, or get singled out because of a single event!
    I've known a lot of American Police, in my life, and been stopped, a few times, and NEVER EVER met one that wasn't like the ones in this video!!
    They are people, just like everyone else, but everyone just assumes they are D-bags, getting pulled over, and expect the worst!
    I think the police are getting a lot of undeserved SHT, over a few incidents that maybe could have gone a different way!
    I wasn't there, and most of those commenting, so harshly, were not there, and have no idea what police deal with!!
    How many have EVER gone on a night-time ride-along with some police officers, and seen, up close and personal?
    The media distorts things, and focuses on sensationalism, for ratings!! THEY NEED YOU TO WATCH THEM, so they hype it up, and 'slant' the newsbite, so you watch, just for their ratings!!
    If you really think American Police are bad, go on a few night-time ride-alongs, it's your right, as a citizen. See what they see, and then come back and see how your impression has changed. . .

What Girls Said 5

• American cops are perfectly fine.

• Most cops I've encountered were pleasant.

• I wish

• Not all American cops are bad

• Oh if only...

What Guys Said 22

• American police officer are some of the coolest people I have ever met. There's tons of videos online of cops playing basketball/football with kids in poor neighborhoods and there are many stories of American police officer paying for people's dinner at restaurants. I remember one story where several police officers came out to celebrate a kid's birthday after word got around that all his classmates no showed his party.

wfla.com/.../

www.cbsnews.com/.../

philadelphia.cbslocal.com/.../

www.cnn.com/2016/07/12/us/cops-pay-bill-trnd/

The problem with American police officers is that they have been conditioned to be trigger happy and I blame that on the fact that we live in a gun loving country where gun violence is higher then any other develop nation. Police officers aren't bad people but I do believe the job and the environment takes a toll on many officers.

• Haven't talked to many cops, have you? They're people too and so long as they're not busy, many will happily chat since it's good for police-community relations.

• I'd tell you... but I'd piss off A LOT of Americans... and so I shall >:P
    It's simple, they've been trained that way. When a Cop shoots an un-armed man laying on the ground with his hands in the air you know you got a major problem in the police force. An no bullshit like pretending nothing is wrong and trying to divert blame is gonna change the real problem either. Stop acting like children and act like adults and address the real issue here.

More screenings for police candidates is a major start, making sure we don't get the closet racists and the overly violent ones. So much to do... but no ones doing shit.

• British police are becoming more like US police, because they have had to since low IQ Third World savages have been allowed to invade the country.

• American cops are chill AF just don't be a violent criminal with a gun and you should be A-Okay!👍

• If you think there's no American cops like this, you've been watching too much liberal media.

• American Cops are fine just don't be someone on drugs, a criminal or talk smack to them. I've never met a bad cop, and I've met dozens of them, probably because I'm not a bad guy.

So don't be a bad guy, and you want have a problem with a cop.

• Why can't a group of people whose worst members have been used to set a standard be more like a group of people who work with different laws, regulations, and cultural values?

I don't know OP, what I do know is I can find YouTube videos of U. S. cops being cool too.

• Cos they threw all the tea in the harbour.

• Most police in America are way too serious and have their head up their ass. The funny thing is a cop is only as good as their connections/informants. You can't solve crimes without witnesses and information and if no one likes you or trusts you then you're in the fucking dark...

• HA okay mate I don't know if you've seen the tweets about weapon raids and they take hockey sticks from people LOL.

I wish I could find the video where like 5 police offers are fended off by one guy with a bat so funny.

• I don't know... it's hit and miss. Local PD and Sheriffs aren't usually pleasant to talk to or very helpful. I've found CHP (state police) to be more pleasant and professional.

• We have a different culture. I'm more surprised they have guns. Armed police aren't normally on the streets.

• Rugby teaches you to tackle like a man. American Football doesn't, so they can't resort to it.

• I'd love to see those British cops deal with the shit American ones do. Don't try to make heroes and martyrs out of people who sell drugs to preschoolers or put their babies in a microwave.

• Cause then America would have more crimes.

• American police are hired based on IQ. If their IQ is too high they're disqualified.

• they can t too many Doughnut and coffee at stake :p

• Our police are so chill

• Cause they're americans, they can't be British :/

• most cops i see and encounter are not exactly what you see on fox news..

dont forget that the American media sensationalizes everything

• I have convos w/ the cops like this all the time. but then again, I'm white.