You wake up to find you're the last man/woman on earth. What are the top 5 things you're going to do first?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1) become a drifter surviving on booze & gas station twinkies
    2) steal everyone's car and crash it into stuff
    3) stock up on weapons and shoot everything for fun
    4) attempt to travel to parts of the world I've never seen before; explore interesting buildings.
    5) die once our infrastructure crumbles.

Most Helpful Girl

• Cry & panic
    Find sources of water & food
    Get some cats
    Try to communicate with any others
    Read books & wander around until I die

What Guys Said 25

• "Being smart. Keeping my head down. Salvaging what I can, when I can,
    from whatever I can. Making sure they don’t know where I am."

Depending upon what is intact and what isn't. If it's a wasteland desert or if it's completely flooded like climate change effects, etc. then I'm pretty much fucked from the get go.

1. But in other words, I'd lay low first and try not to make too much noise and draw attention to myself as I don't know if I am TRULY Alone or Not, and then I would gather up and scavenging everything that I need to survive. Gonna have to find and see if there are any reliable energy sources so I don't have to constantly replenish. I really hope there are no other beings that are still alive and hostile as I really rather be truly alone than have unwanted company like in zombie apocalypse films and games. As the last thing I would want is to be the prime target for something hungry to chase after me constantly just because they have a taste and hunger for human flesh.

2. I'll head toward all military bases or whatever is left of them and salvage all the most important supplies and equipment there as I would think they have the best equipment and I really would rather have some better firepower in case but I probably can't lug around all that heavy stuff.

3. I'm also going to have to gather every clue I can find and document everything and try to find out what the fuck has happened within the last couple of hours when I was asleep, as to whether if somehow I had been warped into another dimension or into a future apocalypse? I will need to find out why I'm there and whether if there really is a way back home, that is should I decide to go home in the present world that I live in.

3. Coffee, lots of coffee, I'm probably not gonna be able to sleep for a long time until I'm really certain that there are no other dangerous hostile beings anywhere that may want to kill or eat me alive.

4. I really need as much information I can gather as to what the hell exactly happened, and I'm also considering going to the remnants of any government or Intelligence Agencies, or the CDC, and hopefully maybe there will be an answer.

5. I'm gonna have to have something to keep my sanity going while I'm going through all this shit, such as from stuff that I'm used to enjoying and inspiring me to keep going forward, before waking up into an apocalyptic empty world. Inspirational quotes, movies, songs, books, just to remind me that I have to keep going forward.

• Realistically you would want to get away from the cities because of industrial accidents. Refer to the show "Life After Peole." But since I lack the skills to totally rough it in the wild, I would just remain in the suburbs or a small town opposed to the wilderness. The next step would probably be the procurement of fresh water from abandoned grocery stores, along with fresh meat before it spoils. I would spend a lot of time installing generators and perhaps water towers to have basic utilities then spend my days scavenging for supplies, but also books and entertainment because the Internet would be gone.

Psychological health would be a huge concern. Without ways to keep busy like books, music, or DVDs, you would be screwed.

• You'd literally have to already been used to living in isolation to not be more fucked up psychologically. But either way eventually a person's mental health will break down as they despair from complete absolute loneliness. If you ever watched Cast Away, then you'll know what I meant. You'd always think out loud because there's nobody to talk to any more. But you try to keep going and distract yourself that way so you aren't reminded constantly that you are completely on your own in the entire world. So unless it was somebody that has already been a hermit, recluse or had been in prison that had gone through a long sentence of solitary confinement, it's going to be really really really hard psychologically as you start to break down over time and lose hope and despair.

• @JudgmentDay Have you ever read 'I am Legend' by Richard Matheson? I always thought that Robert Neville seemed like a pretty accurate assessment of how the average man would cope, namely as a heavy alcoholic prone to bouts of rage. But yeah, I agree it would be difficult. Perhaps a pet would stave off insanity for some time, but eventually it would catch up.

• Ok, you mean it's like an "I am legend" kind of scenario where every man made structure, nature exists but I am the only person alive on planet earth, right?

• 1. Look for a female survivor to procreate
    2. Keep looking
    3. Lose hope
    4. Curl up in a ball and cry
    5. Go find some nice porno mags to fap to

• 1) Make sure she is ok, and I am, injuries and the sort.
    2) Find a safe place to sort out what happened, SHELTER.
    3) Find food and water.
    4) Find some source of power.
    5) Have a look around and try to figure it all out!
    Just practical sht, really!

• who is the 'she?' It's just you, alone.

• Oh, sorry, I read it like it was me and some other woman. My answers still stand, as they are, and you can strike the 'she' if that matters to you.

• go through peoples houses and see whats in them, go through all their stuff. i would steal cars and drive them around. search for other humans too i suppose. document the rest of my life on hard drives, USB sticks, computers, the internet. and hope an alien race arrives sooner or later at our planet. preserve as much of the worlds history as possible so we will be remembered and aliens will know our story.

• That sounded like very much I would also do. Can't preserve something physically forever, why not preserve information and store it digitally and back it up over and over again? And even if I don't make it, maybe whatever intelligent species will eventually find the remnants of all recorded and documented data of the last sole surviving human that had desperately salvaged, and whether I figured out exactly what led me into such a bleak world or not, and if I didn't I sure hope those advanced extraterrestrials can eventually understand and decipher and figure it out what exactly was the cause of this strange and unusual cataclysm. I'd even add one more encrypted message to them requesting that if they have advanced and powerful technology that can resurrect me digitally or electronically (consciousness in computerized system) as I really would want to come back one last time to really understand and know exactly what the fuck exactly happen that lead to the end and have some closure.

• 1) try to fly to California
    2) if I don't kill myself on the way there, steal a seadoo
    3) ride my seadoo around the ocean until I kill myself doing stunts

• First I'd look for food. Then after I realized I'm the only one I would look for a house to live in that's beautiful and is near a place with food and water. After that I'd start doing my interests.

• Sounds like a recurring dream of mine. If I was truly alone (ie no other humans to worry about killing me to steal my stash) food, clothes, shelter, transportation and electricity in that order. Ideally I'd go raid a nuclear power plant (since with the far-reduced power demand the fuel rods will last for decades and possibly a lifetime without ever needing a change) and make that a home. Luckily I live in a city so there's enough canned food and clothes for decades as well and land to grow it if it did run out just a few miles outside the city limits. Now if there were a few thousand or million others (most likely, 99.9% dead is easier than all 7.4B except 1) that changes things since I would need a defensible position and ammo in addition to those other things.

• Secure the property, try and find out what happened, go out with the dogs to collect weapons and ammo.
    Start scavenger raids for solar panels, fuel, food, water filters (we have a well) tools, etc.

Start the search for others.

• I really hope that there are no "others" at all especially if they are infected or mutated. I'd take being a sole survivor any day over having to constantly struggle and fight for your life every moment going up against an endless substantial amounts of hostile beings that absolutely wants to eat you alive or kill you. Other than that, if you find other people that are also survivors, the chances are you can't trust any of them in this kind of a world and circumstances, as they may also want supplies and fight you, or rob you or kill you for whatever it is that you have that they would want to take it from you by force.

• @JudgmentDay it is, I was referring to people who have lived in prison isolation for long periods of time. We have lots of studys of those conditions. I was thinking about this with the advent of the artificial womb, you could, conceivably re build humanity using a sperm bank and frozen eggs, you would have the time and as long as you had a vehicle and resources you could do it.

• Artificial womb? I'm just not a big fan of cloning. Even less of a fan of a bio-organic existence. I would NEVER rebuild humanity if it was ever gone to begin with and if I were the sole survivor, since they would all fight and destroy each other all over again, become greedy and fuck each over again. In this case scenario, I would try and see if the quantum computers are intact and try to reach the singularity to accomplish my dream of being able to merge my consciousness or life force with all software and cyberspace, to become evolved and transformed and upgraded or enhanced and modified into a completely different but still sentient but non-bio organic entity, similar to the Transformers type of aliens, but beyond merely just a mindless machine that have no personality. And then from there, figure out how to create similar new species of non-bio organic sentient entities that are incapable of aggression or the desire to ever harm or destroy each other, and to travel beyond earth.

• Probably be like that guy in the movie "I am Legend" , find food sources and shelter and keep looking for survivors

• That is a really strange fate.
    Stock up on supplies
    buy gas
    take car to track
    find a new ac unit install it on someones house
    live in it.

• I don't think you will have to pay for the gas if you're the sole survivor on an entire planet.

• @JudgmentDay then how the fuck else will i get the gas out of the gas dispenser nozzle?

• Ever saw any of those Mad Max movies? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't necessarily have to get the gas out the standard way of putting in bills or swiping cards to activate it to release and dispense the gas.

• That sounds really depressing. It would be fun at first, but then extremely lonely. I mean, other than subsist, what is there to do in the long term? Everything that meant something in society is gone.

Unless you're a straight sociopath. Then you might just be in heaven.

• I think I would search the world for companies that make human like A. I. robots so at least I would have something to talk to which wasn't myself even though I guess technically... but I would prefer not to think about the never ending lonliness... but I guess at a point, you would just snap.

• Food
    Shelter
    Weapons
    Sleep
    Procreation

• u can't procreate by just masturbation, u r the last person :D

• But when you're the sole survivor on an entire planet, you're only going to have so much control over things that are going to happen as the entire world is a really big fucking place. You never know what exactly is going to happen, and if a supervolcano or an ice age or a deadly meteor, or some great and if a catastrophe and cataclysm so immense happened while you were in that world or in that reality where you're a sole survivor then there's even less you can really do about and control the outcome. Only thing to really do is just hope you luck out and survive long enough and that maybe you'll be saved somehow and restored to the original time and place of where you were previously before waking up to that kind of a reality.

• @JudgmentDay Ok wait what jus happened lmao /= somehow between talking about women, making humans and nuclear power plants you made me somehow timewarp /=

• same thing i do every morning. jack off, shower. drink coffee, play some video games, take a shit.

• steel a classic muscle car, travel all over, search for others, find me a tank, and free all the animals I can from zoos

• I think freeing the vicious and aggressive and/or venomous and really deadly and dangerous animals are really a bad idea though. But then again leaving them to starve to death really sucks too, but if you want to live it's better not to free anything that is big, vicious and could eat you alive. Free all the herbivores or something.

• @JudgmentDay or just be careful with the dangerous stuff

• In this scenario I'll find resources, perishables and I'll find drinkable water I can't live without the basic nessecities you know.. make clothes to wear and find a shelter than make a bed to sleep in.

After that I'll find

entertainment to pass the time!
    Find people to talk to, or at least if I have a volleyball ill start talking to it, make friends with it and call it Wilson.. unless he's a Spaulding ball

Not a list per say but that'll be close enough to this scenario

• I brought up the psychological situation as reference from Cast Away multiple times here in case you didn't notice. But I recognized yours lol.

Over time you get really really fucking desperate and will want to end it once and for all and you will realize the whole process of killing oneself will also really really fucking hurt and is really fucking painful. I think the top priority is to try and find clues and see if there's a way back to the world I was originally from, and keep trying to get back home in my current time or dimension. If all fails, the next thing is to document everything and salvage as much data and findings of whatever the remnants of this decaying and bleak world has left.

• Find a gun. Find a bullet for that gun. Load the bullet into that gun. Put gun barrel in my mouth. End humanity.

• Why not try and see how long you can survive for first and see if there's a way back home before completely calling it quits?

I'd only consider similarly if it was a total nightmare where I am constantly chased after by things that want to eat me alive or kill me or by some strange unusual presence such as some unknown entity or force that I can feel, and that it actually attacks me and if I really know there's no way back, and all my equipment, supplies, ammo all run dry and I have absolutely no other alternative.

But I'd keep trying to find a way back home to either my own time or dimension or die trying and killing and destroying anything and everything that gets in my way of that goal, if there are anything that I need to kill. But if I'm the sole survivor I guess I'd be busy writing and documenting my findings on the remnants of this world, and hope that maybe someone or something will read it eventually if I don't make it back home that is.

• Put on my jockstrap and run around

• 1. walk around naked
    2. masturbate the shit outta myself
    3. fuck all naked drath bodies.
    4. steel some cash
    5. more masturbation

• Travel the world since i won't need visas anymore

• I thought about this one for myself before realizing I don't know how to fly a plane or fuel one up nor do I know how to man what I would assume would need to be a cruise type ship or military vessel capable of long distance travel, but I guess in the long run even if you learn to and fail, I mean what else is there to do but die trying.

• @JudgmentDay i would rather die because nights will be so intense and scary lol

• Ever tried Flight Simulator... you can learn BASIC knowledge on how to fly a light aircraft or a passenger jet as large as the Boeing 747-8i Intercontinental. on large 747's you have to know how to start one up from a "Cold and Dark" cockpit.

• 1. Eat breakfast
    2. Brush my teeth
    3. Beat my meat
    4. Run errands
    5. Die in a car wreck

• console suicide.

• 1) freak out
    2) cry
    3) go up to the shops and take some food
    4) get depression
    5) wander around and find stuff

• Cry masturbate steal a super fast car and go joy riding steal a 747 try and fly it and if I'm still not dead check the Internet for other survivers

• er... how can you "steal" something if you're the only one left? Rules of finders keepers apply here in full force.

• I have to agree, the whole world or whatever is left of it and whatever object that remain is pretty much all there for you to explore and use since everyone and everything else is gone. Nobody has the rights or own anything really anymore and you can use or take whatever you find.

Use whatever, do whatever and try to find a way back home to the time before you had fallen asleep. Maybe it was all just a a really bad nightmare, or perhaps you had been living in a "Matrix" and wake up to this bleak and empty reality which is the "real" world. Just make the most of your time in that world and have fun for as long you possibly could.

• @Anonymous You know NOTHING about flying a Boeing 747-400. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

What Girls Said 9

• Move into some rich persons house with a lot of land.
    Raise an army of dogs for companionship
    Use dogs to guard the house and take with me on road trips.
    Become paranoid as hell that *they* are out there watching me.
    Stock up on everything I can find to maintain electricity.
    Plant a vegetable garden on the lawn and raise livestock.
    Play flight simulator games until I felt confident enough to try and fly a plane.
    Fly across longer distances to see what the rest of the world outside looks like.
    Prepare other safehouses incase I have to move due to natural disasters or if *they* ever come.

• Worst case scenario when it comes to the disasters are if it's gonna be like another ice age like in The Day After Tomorrow, or even worse, a Super Volcano like the Yellowstone Caldera or massive floods and tsunamis from climate change or whatever it may be. If any of those kind of disasters occurred then it's pretty much over.

• @JudgmentDay I'm going to find a biosphere and live in it. lol

• @WillowTree... Do you play FS2004, FSX, pr Prepar3D?

• 1) Find a bakery so I could take those apple pies with me on my journey to find
    others
    2) Get a weapon (probs from bakery while I'm there, maybe hit butcher shop) in case of any rabid animals or half dead- apocalypse corpses wandering about.
    3) seek animal companion for my journey (and for extra protection)
    4) get good shelter, and find water source. Hopefully in a casino or somewhere fun like that (gives me entertainment to pass the time)
    5) live a long life enjoying the quiet, thinkning about the future, and making my own town feel more homey

• 1) escape the vault;
    2) find supplies (food, water, weapons, etc.)
    3) join the minutemen;
    4) kill some raiders;
    5) nuke the institute.

(in case it's not obvious, i'm obsessed with fallout 4)

• Go to a dealership and get a car and just drive and drive and drive and go to beaches and everything. Take clothes from stores. Learn how to make food and garden. Because all the food on earn will expire in the next months or years to come. Hopefully my electricity and stuff will still work without people at then offices lol

• See if the elevator works so I can go to ground level and walk out.
    Become a farmer unless the Chinese restaurant still delivers
    go to the record store and steal every album by Pink Floyd
    by three battery-operated vibrators steal a lot of batteries
    stop taking the birth control pill

• Pray
    Eat
    Drink water
    Pray
    Sleep

• Take a car and drive around get some nice clothing/ makeup I have to impress myself cmon.. I don't know why people are saying weapons... You're the only person left.. Get alcohol food and find a very nice penthouse and finally relax my life away lol

• To acquire weapons is really just only to not let our guard down, unless we know absolutely for certain we really are the sole survivors with no mutants, zombies or anything else that may be hostile and hungry that would want to eat us alive for dinner or would kill us. because any case otherwise if there is still something out there waiting for us, and it ain't no man. Then we're gonna die. Possibly very slowly and painfully.

• Well true but.. I'd just take enough supplies and lock myself in a penthouse and if something comes my way well I guess I die

• Hibernate until I die

• Go back to sleep