Can you handle the summer heat? Not just lazy in home but actually be outside in the heat and work?

I miss winter

Most Helpful Guy

• In my country, it's not summer right now. However I can understand and even I find it difficult to handle summer heat

What Guys Said 21

• Haha yeah it's not fun when it's humid, usually drink 4 (very cold) liters or more doing labour in the heat! Also sucks when you're the only guys on site forced to wear safety gear haha

• I work outside. Where I live it's been over 100F for the past 14 days X (

• No i just stay in my basement all day in the summer

• Yeah I've done it before lol, I go fishing a lot to in the heat, I mean it's not enjoyable working in the heat but I can handle/take it as long as I can stay hydrated and drink plenty of water.

• Yeah it's starting to get to me, I'm in and out of the truck all day working in it sweating like so much

• If I have to, I just need to have plenty of ice water!

• Yeah i can deal with just need to constantly be hydrating in this heat. It was 110 yesterday.

• I have no choice but to tolerate it while I'm at work, you won't find me outside in the heat if I don't have to be.

• Of course I hate it, but I can handle it. It reached to 62.2 Celsius about a week ago in Saudi Arabia, that I couldn't handle.

• Hell no. I'm raised in Southern California and the worst weather I can handle is 92.

• Yeah, I'm an alien so it's easy.

• Usually seeing I work outdoors a lot
    But it's miserable and I've leaned how to cope more or less

• I just go skating..

I love the summer, but when it gets too hot, it's terrible.

• yee I run everyday to maintain my ripped bod

• ya. it's badass.

• I thrive in this brutal heat

• I work inside a building, and it's always freezing.

• Nah I can't
    Being very hairy I get a lot more sweaty and hot and add to it I always wear full clothes to hide the hairs and it gets more hotter :(

• I hate the heat and hate summer.

• Currently I'm cleaning up smoke damaged catholic schools in 28 to 34 degrees centigrade outside and 40 to 46 degree centigrade inside the schools

• i can handle it, but it certainly isn't easy. The best thing to do is to keep yourself hydrated. I've been trying to drink 48 oz. of gatorade a day and it's been keeping me hydrated because of the electrolytes in it

• I am constantly drinking water but my goodness, the heat is high

• yeah, i know

What Girls Said 12

• I've always hated summer. I'm so ready for fall and winter.

• I miss winter and autumn. This summer heat is terrible. Especially for someone who likes to wear dark clothes. Right now it's 81 and its 8:30 at night. I am basically Morticia in the summer.
    imgfave-herokuapp-com.global.ssl.fastly.net/.../1413756884550014.jpg
    scontent.cdninstagram.com/.../..._1192833338_n.jpg
    scontent.cdninstagram.com/.../...5_441154508_n.jpg

• Sometimes, I don't do well in either extreme heat or cold. I have Reynaud's Phenomenon, common but very unpleasant. It basically means my arteries in my extremities close up in the cold, so my blood flow is poor. It hurts REALLY bad so the amount of time I can be outside is limited. If not the pain is really really miserable. So unless I'm completely covered, I have no business staying out in the cold for long. Heat, I sweat so much and get tired really quickly from the heat. Sometimes my blood sugar drops so if I mix that in, I'm playing a dangerous game. Overall, I handle the heat better but I prefer the cold between those two, you can always bundle up. I prefer spring and fall though. They've got it going on, so gorgeous too.

• I've always wondered how someone with Reynaud's handles winter! How would you dress if it's like really cold outside?

• @Rebecca9090 Well, there really is no pair of gloves that can save you, at least in my experience. On top of this I have REALLY skinny fingers, so I don't have much to keep them warm anyway. I never bother to buy them, but I really should put some of those warming packet things in the shoes and gloves. My ears and hands go first. Those hurt even in like 40 degrees. Then my toes go, I have some really nice thick hiking boots and wool socks that help me a lot. My torso and legs tend to stay warm but my face will start to hurt too. I can usually handle it in say November type weather (I live in temperate area) but wants it gets towards freezing temperatures, I have to call it quits after about 20 minutes. I used to come in screaming and crying as a kid cause my hands hurt so bad. It feels like a bad burn, or that needly feeling. I still cry when it happens because they hurt for an hour or so afterwards. Best not to touch ice and snow or ever take your hands out of gloves while exposed.

• Nope. My AC is set to 64 at all times. I need the winter time to come quick, before I melt.

• I dread the summer.
    I'm from ON, Canada and winter is my favourite season. Here we have summer for three months, and I absolutely despise it. I enjoy the cooler temperatures, I am a fan of the snow and I love being outdoors in the fall and winter. However the heat and humidity get to me, it drains my energy and makes the day uncomfortable.

• I thought in Canada you barely get any heat

• We have summer months from June until early September. Only the heat here brings high humidity, which is terrible to deal with. The good thing about the summer is for those 3 months we're able to get our local fruit produce, but other than that I can't stand it.

Mid September begins our fall months, and then we get snow until sometimes as late as the beginning of March, then spring rolls around again with rising temps.
      We have only a little window of summer here, but with it being cooler 9/12 months of the year I find it's hard to adjust to the heat. I can never get used to it

• Nope, I hate it lol

• I hate it. I hate it so much...
    The humidity makes it much worse.

• Have spent most of my life in the south and southwest part of the US, so I am used to the heat. But there are times when it wears me out. When it's over 110° I mostly stay indoors, or swim. Too hot to hike or work outdoors, except at night.

• It is so damn hot, I'm over it. Thankfully I'm inside at work during the day 90% of the time. When I have to be outside working I'm kinda miserable. I feel for those who solely work outdoors in the summer.

• Come to NZ you can endure the feeling of a confused body with arctic winds and blinding sunrays.

• If you consider running inside every 15 minutes to cool down "handling" then hell yeah, I have summer packed down. I still prefer it over winter..

• No, it's been like 90s and 100 degrees in Cali and I hate it. I can't wait for it to drop again to the 60s. I miss winter, too!