Mark Zuckerberg made $3.4 billion in 1 hour yesterday... how does that make you feel?

Mark Zuckerberg made $3.4 billion in 1 hour yesterday... how does that make you feel? Forbes- Facebook FB -0.82% CEO Mark Zuckerberg added $3.4 billion to his fortune in just over an hour on Wednesday in after-hours trading, as the market cheered the social media company’s impressive second-quarter results. The gains pushed Zuckerberg’s net worth to a new high of $56.7 billion, according to FORBES estimates. He is currently the world’s fifth-richest person, right behind Jeff Bezos, who has an estimated fortune of $64 billion. Facebook’s stock price soared 6.5% in after-hours trading to $131.40, as of 5:15 p. m. Eastern time Wednesday. The rise followed the company’s announcement that revenues and earnings had eclipsed analysts’ estimates, primarily thanks to gains in mobile ad revenue. Revenues in the second quarter rose about 59% to $6.44 billion, topping the $6.02 billion that analysts predicted. Profits increased to $2.1 billion, or 71 cents a share, exceeding analysts’ estimates of 57 cents a share

__

Mirin.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly I can't even fathom that amount of money. It makes me feel sad, that there are so many people who are struggling out there and then there's the total opposite where we have so much wealth that someone can't even spend in a lifetime. Now I don't blame Zuckerberg. He does a lot of charity and seems somewhat down to earth. But there are plenty of people out there who are wealthy who are greedy. No amount of money is enough for some greedy people.

I think it's great he has been able to be successful. Plenty of people try to be successful and fail, so it's nice to see someone succeeding.

Most Helpful Guy

• It exemplifies how fucked up big cooperate capitalism is (particularly in America but also in general). People on this site love to defend capitalism by saying how rich people have all worked hard for their money. Well, this is the perfect example of how somebody earned billions of dollars in one single hour by doing absolutely nothing (he probably wasn't even the one sitting at the desk doing the actual trading).
    Now, let's think about where all this money came from. It may surprise some people but this money didn't just fall out of the sky. It came from other people. Think about it: when left-wing politicians want to create a society that is a little more egalitarian, by moving some money from the rich to the poor (for example by having higher taxes for the rich), people in America go absolutely crazy. They act as though somebody suggested to eat babies alive.
    Yet, here's this immensely rich guy who moved billions of dollars from normal middle class people's pockets into his own pocket by doing absolutely NO WORK whatsoever and people here go like "good for him, he's a cool guy". If you can't see how fucked up that is, there's probably something wrong with you (I don't mean YOU personally, I mean "you" as in people in general).

What Girls Said 10

What Guys Said 18

• If my loan debt vanished and I made enough to sustain my own life expenses with no assistance, then I wouldn't care one bit what anyone else makes. I don't care how big someone else's yacht is, so long as I'm not drowning in the lake.

• good for him. he also loses lots of money in a day too. he made that money because twitter banned milo. so people are jumping ship.

• Couldn't care any less.

• Fucking rich people -_-.

• He didn't actually make $3.5 billion though. His net worth only becomes actual money in his pocket if he sells all of his FB stocks. Net worth is the value of everything you own not the amount of money you have in your bank account

• Have to look more into it. I saw the headline and read the cliffs.

• The value of the stock he has went up by $3.5 billion. I'm sure he made a lot of money off it because he owns Facebook but he didn't make $3.5 billion since stocks are worthless until you sell them.

• A stock is basically just one unit of a company. It has value depending on how much money the company makes but it only becomes money in your pocket if you sell it

• It depends on the effective tax rate he pays on that capital gain.

• I'm sure there is a substantial capital gain despite the tax rate lol

• Unless he finds a way to shelter most of that income and pay basically no tax on it. I have a problem with that.

• Probably not that much face book is probably run out of country with no capital gains tax

• He made $944 444/ second that's litterly people's intire life's pay

• That's incredible to think hu lol.

• That enough to give every American man woman and child 10 buck and still have change left

• That's enough to buy Spotify in cash with change to spare

• I don't care

• What does this have to do with girls ask guys? The questions on here get more and more irrelevant.

• Hmmm okie god bless him? Lol

• Read about how he booted his friend and co-founder out of the company once it began to become successful.

• Makes me feel like China, India and pretty much all of Europe can suck it hard! Go big Marky Mark!

• Admirable, Inspiring and not surprised.

• Like shit of course lmao

• unrealized gains don't count, everybody knows that.

• I couldn't careless, he can have all the money in the world, there's not a lot he can do with that money when he's at death's door.

• It's great for him, He is a pretty good guy it seems.. and he has worked hard...

A guy like Trump on the other hand? I feel scared for America/The World...

• None of it was from me, I'm not even subscribed to it but yes it makes sick in a way when it comes so easy for them now and I can barely survive