I need life advice?

So my life was never a cake walk. I have been on my own since age 16 and homeschooled myself in order to graduate. I did full time School and worked 40+ hours every week to pay the bills. My boyfriend of over a year pays 1/7 th of the rent and I pay 6/7th of rent plus buy all the food etc. My work has been awful lately. I finally made it to a manager position and my crew doesn't listen to me or respect me, my fellow managers are really hard on me because they don't like the idea of a new young replacement. My family is on my back about starting college when I don't know how I'm going to pay tuition. They of course are no help. And today I had the worst day and worked over 10 hours straight. When I got home my boyfriend had fell asleep on the couch and got pissed at me for waking him up when I came in from work. I just broke down and cried. I'm so unhappy with all aspects of my life and I feel unapreaceated by everyone.

Most Helpful Guy

• First you should make an important move
    Leave you boyfriend
    Second find someone who actually respects you
    Third a good boyfriend is key to success 😂 LOL

Most Helpful Girl

• You have made it Far Thus Far, @alaskanchick, however, Life many times is Not... A box of cherries.
    If you don't like where you are at, Change your Life and Begin a New Beguine of Changing things to your own Liking. I have Confidence in you that if you have come this 'Far,' you can Accomplish anything if you put your mind to it.
    Perhaps it could start with your own Relationship, who I think, may be a Big Part in your own Heart. Start with him.
    As far as your family goes, ignore them. They will Always voice their Own Opinions. And isn't it Nice as Spice they are Not putting any bread on your table?
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 5

• You need to grow a backbone. You've done what many people would have failed at. People don't listen to you because you don't inspire loyalty/obedience.

While your achievements are admirable do not ever say something like "my life hasn't been a cake walk", mine hasn't either, what's the point of relaying this? People will mis-understand you, despite your intentions.

Boyfriend is indeed unappreciative. If he doesn't grow up, leave him.

Do not make yourself useful, for you will merely be used.

• why would you let your family get on your back when they won't help you achieve your goals.

by the way, your boyfriend is a leech.

• Maybe you can talk to your boss about the situation at work? Let your family be no help, and your boyfriend should be thankful for you working that hard.

• Damn you're gorgeous.

Dat feminist lifestyle though.

• it sucks get over it.

What Girls Said 1

• You need to speak with your employees about respect and have them earn it from you. Don't worry about what your family says because they're not helping you and haven't been since you were 16 years old. It sounds like your boyfriend should chip in more as well with the rent at the very least.