Part 2 of my drawing is complete! What do you all think about it now?

How do you guys think Vader turned out? I'd like to know what you think and as always, any criticisms and feedback is welcome!Part 2 of my drawing is complete! What do you all think about it now?

Most Helpful Girl

• Awesome job!

I'm into the arts myself, the only feedback I would mention would be to make the shading more gradient, to add extra depth and make it look more realistic. I am not sure what you use, or prefer, but I would also suggest using a softer lead pencil (I recommend graphite pencils) when doing drawings like this, because the graphite is smoother and helps us get those many shade depths incorporated into the drawing.
    Other than that, just clean up the lines a little around the drawing, like others have mentioned make them a bit stronger and it'll look even better!

Very great job, Keep up the good work :-)

• Thanks 😊 also yeah ugh I wanted to use proper graphite pencils but couldn't find any, had to settle for cheap 2B lol also I'll take the rest of that into consideration thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• its ok. its just ok dont get excited. i used to sell paintings in college. this what you have is ok. the fact that you spent that much time means you're down. however its not that good. its ok. the litmis test of artist is how they draw hands. youres are a bit off.

• Lol I know it's not great, it's only really my 3rd drawing ever except for those stick figures from Kindergarten, I just started drawing about a month or 2 ago. It's just a little hobby I have and like to chill out with after lots of training and work. I don't plan on going professional or selling or anything like that in the future 😀

• Haha ok so dip pens and water colour paper are the best according to you ok I'll look into those
      Thanks dude, I'll try to find out what kind of style I am, your advice has been a great help😄

• yes it really doesn't matter the grade of water color paper for drawing because the paper is made for spreading the ink but pen ink is kind of not water colors so it doesn't matter i found. yeah trust me dude there is a lot to this. good luck young one. may the force be with you.

What Girls Said 6

• Just like before :) I think you have a lot of potential.

• Looks good. You might want to consider going round the edges with a darker line.

• Yeah I forgot to go back around it at the end, sorry lol, thanks for pointing it out!

• Thanks for not taking it personally.

• Oh no, I never take any criticism personally, positive or negative. I just know and accept the fact that I'm not that great and I will take any advice that can help me improve

• looks great

• I like it

• Shitty mostly

• its not shitty its just not good.

• Shitty? What EXACTLY do you find shitty in it? Like which parts and what's wrong with them? How do you think I should improve on them?

• I'ts really nice!
    You're good with shading too. :)

What Guys Said 13

• This is good bro. Now I really want to go home and draw a little myself as well. The only things I noticed are the helmet and the way he's holding the saber. The helmet looks like it's not aligned to the direction the face is looking at while the grip kind of seems unnatural.

• Thanks dude, good to hear you might've been inspired from this 🙂
      Also yep those are pretty much the parts I rushed haha should've spent more time on them

• Not bad. Not great but not bad. You need to study/practice perspectives more. Those legs are very uneven. The hand making he claw gesture is also a bit wonky. If you stood the way Vader is and put your hand so the back of your hand is directly facing the viewer, your wrist would be super twisted. Where are the fingers around the lightsaber? Doesn't look like he's gripping it. Those are a few things I noticed immediately. Hope these criticisms help!

• Thanks man, they sure did! I actually hadn't noticed the wrist thing until you said it, thanks
      Also yep the perspective kinda got screwed from the start I realised when I started with the legs, the whole upper body seems a bit strange but not too noticeable thankfully

• Yeah man! Just keep practicing. Come back to this a year from now and let's see how much better you've become.

• Haha yeah I was thinking of doing something similar to that, doing the same drawing in the future and seeing how I've changed

• looks awesome

• average.

• it looks good man.

• that's sick XD

• I like it :). Adding a background?

• I want to but I don't know wether it'll be some shadow textures or an actual coloured one lol, any ideas on what I should do?

• Draw a penis

• Looks cool.

• Ya gotta work on his Helmet/Mask.

Good stuff.

• Amazing

• Looks good 👍

• Nice! Impressive, the force is with you.