How can I deal with this terrible news?

I'm in pieces right now.

I got a phone call from a close friend of mine in France, and he told me about the news. My Facebook and phone have been flooded with messages ever since.

Due to complications we hadn't spoken for 2 years, but she always had a large place in my heart.

I'm in a complete state of shock right now. I almost burst into tears at dinner, so I had to leave and come to my room.

What can I do?

Forgot to put what the news is:

The love of my life just died in a car accident.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know somewhat how you feel. I lost my brother in a car accident. When it first happened, I was in complete shock. I locked myself up in my room and barely ate, it was a really difficult time. There were moments where I'd feel so depressed, I didn't see what the point to living was. I pushed people away who are trying to comfort me and was miserable.
    Even though something like this is difficult to deal with, it does get easier. Our loved ones do not want us sad, instead, they want us to remember them, to remember all of the joyous moments we had shared with them.
    I was angry for a long time, thinking "why him?", but I learned to accept the fact that we all die at some point, and everything happens for a reason. It's a challenging concept, but once you learn this, you will have a different perspective on life and learn not to take anything, or anyone, for granted. Live life to the fullest, do what you want, don't hide your emotions, don't lock yourself away, and most importantly, I think, let others comfort you. It really helps take some of the pressure off when you realize you're not the only one hurting.
    I'm deeply sorry for your loss, but trust me, it does, in fact, get easier.

Most Helpful Guy

• What's the news?

• Just handle it the best you can even though it's a shock , these things happen and life goes on

What Girls Said 5

• I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Maybe you could go to her funeral. I think it's the best you can do now.

• I'm sorry :(

• What do you mean she 'just died in a car crash'?

And you haven't spoken to the love of your life in two years?

• Like a few hours ago...

It's difficult to fully explain why we lost touch... it was down to me though, I had to try and move on from it, but I've always loved her.

• Sorry for your loss

• What news?

• Check the update, I forgot to put it down.

• Oh my... I am so sorry for your loss. Really. You should give yourself some time I don't even know what to say.

• My condolences for your loss. That is truly terrible. You just need to work out your emotions, if you feel like you need to cry or talk to someone, you should do so.

What Guys Said 2

• what news?

• Oh sorry, I completely missed that out.

• wow man i'm sorry. i know loss of close ones can be devastating. i know it seems impossible to consider at this moment but you will in time shed those tears for smiles at the times you spent with her and the positive impact and role she played in your life

• This is a lie

• Why would I lie about such a thing?

Why would I lie about someone I love...