Do you think it's hypocritical to be for equal rights for women when those same women still won't approach men because it's a 'mans job'?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yup

But my opinion is that in general they are equal but in specifics they are not

So even in biology they are not the same so can be equal but some things women get advantage to be tested like princes and other things men get advantage

What Guys Said 15

• Not really.

Equal rights have nothing to do with perceived gender roles. Women still have the 'right' and ability to approach men if they choose.

Throughout history they've never had to and I don't blame them for not wanting to start. Being approached is much easier than doing the approaching.

However, I do hate when women complain about how no guys (or no 'hot' guys) ever approach them when there is nothing stopping them from going after what they want themselves.

• hahahahaha... i only got one word... "duh"

• Yeah. There's a reason why itused to be that way. Women were basically property. The father basically owned the daughter and shit. Once women gained more rights, the need and purpose for stuff which we consider traditional became null

• If women want to sit on their hands and wait that's up to them... The problem is they'll only get what comes to them... If I see an apple on a tree that I want I tend to try to pick it, I don't say to myself well there's a rotten apple with worms in it sitting in a pile of dog shit that fell next to me, I guess that's my only option... Eat up...

• Even it's a man's job to approach, but that doesn't guarantee a girl will put out.
    So, what's the point? lol... who have the balls now

• Of course it is

• Yup it is, this "selective equality" is why many men still don't fully respect the womens' movement.

• yeah, i think that if you want social contact with a person you should reach out them and not wait until they reach out to you, you could wait forever.

• No, not. at. all

• I don't really give a shit

• yup. it´s comparable to men ordering women to go to the kitchen to make them a sammich.

• I think any women who wants equal rights but only when it suites then are idiots.

• It's fair because those women have big boobs.

• Absolutely.

• Yes it's hypocritical. It's impossible for it not to be. That doesn't mean she has to approach though. Some people just don't want to approach. I don't approach. It's hypocritical because she thinks it's a mans job.

What Girls Said 7

• I guess it is, but I don't have to worry about being a hypocrite. I support equal rights, and if I find a guy that I like I will approach him (I might end up looking like a complete idiot though. I'm very shy so that's the only reason why I'd rather the guy come up to me. And it has nothing to do with him being a guy. If I was a guy I would want a girl to approach me because like I said I'm very shy)

• Men approaching women has more to do with the biological wiring of being the hunter. Not women wanting to be able to have a " male" job. Plus if men dont want to approach they dont have to women will approach men BUT the men they approach will be the ones the find hot.

• I'm a bit confused because don't equal rights entail having the ability to choose if you want to approach someone or not.

• buti m talking specifically about the ones who claim its the mans 'job' to approach

• Plenty of women approach men. Just because *you* don't, doesn't mean other people don't.

• you are so easily triggered by everything lol

• And you have no idea what tone I was using. You're just assuming that I was "triggered" because you don't like me. That's rather close-minded of you, darling.

• Yep! I think both men and women should approach whenever they feel the need to.

• Im not sure what you mean but i dont think its a hypocritical🤔

• Sure that's why I will sometimes ask a guy out if I want to ask the guy out.